Where do I go from here? Recommendation?

My advice, if you were asking for it would be to definitely get a regulated gun. I've been through a bunch of PCP's the last few years, including the AA S510, buying selling and flipping. I just bought and tried my last unregulated gun, a Daystate Wolverine. Even as efficient as they say the valve system in it is, the POI on the target at 50 yards had a noticeable rise and fall as the power curve went up and then down again. I'm a paper puncher also and enjoy trying to be as precise as I can.

If you were going to ask my opinion on a gun, after all the flipping, and trying different models, the two that have stayed with me are the FX Royale, and the BSA R-10. Aside from all the other subjective things that people will or will not like them for, the one most important factor for me is their accuracy / consistency. Those two guns will put up some seriously impressive consistency. If I could have only one, it would be the Royale.

I did a mini review of the BSA R-10 here
http://www.airgunnation.com/topic/50-shots-with-the-bsa-r-10-mkii-22-pics-mini-review/

And I also recently made a video of a 33 shot group at 50 yards with the FX Royale here.
http://www.airgunnation.com/topic/finally-got-it-on-video-fx-royale-500-33-shot-group/

If you like to tear things apart, maybe the Marauder is for you. It has a simple platform and there are lots of videos to show you how. There are after market regulators,barrels, and valve assemblies. If you can't get things 100%, there are lots of tuners available. AJshoots on this forum has been alot of help to me! I personally got two lemons but, was able to get the second rifle shooting great with a regulator and a Militia Mormot barrel. Irt took a while but after everything was done, I was still under a grand. When you add things up don't discount the cost of magazines. Crosman's are about $20, crickets/Vulcan about $40, and Fx/Daystate are over $100.00. I have 5 Crosman magazines for the cost of 1 FX ( which means if you want 4 from FX mags, you need to add $400 to the price tag!!!!) . I bought my Marauder for the intention of shooting with my son or friends. Now that it shoots great, I will never part with it. So if you are planning on having more than 1 rifle, the Marauder is a great first rifle. Even if it doesn't shoot lasers out of the box, you may really learn a lot about pcp's getting it to shoot well (which you definitely can do). I actually bought a .22 Cricket and a .22 Marauder both to shoot with my son.

Not to horn in on your post OP ... but to slip in a suggestion while maybe getting my curiosity satisfied: Looking at what you like in the way of air guns I am wondering about Weihrauch HW 100. Nobody has brought these up. This makes me wonder why. Air Guns of AZ sells them and lists them prominently. The review on these guns are good. Giles of AirGunGearshow almost raved over them. I want one. But maybe there is a problem with Weihrauch. AGN brain trust ... please inform. Thanks

"Cliff_Allen"My advice, if you were asking for it would be to definitely get a regulated gun. I've been through a bunch of PCP's the last few years, including the AA S510, buying selling and flipping. I just bought and tried my last unregulated gun, a Daystate Wolverine. Even as efficient as they say the valve system in it is, the POI on the target at 50 yards had a noticeable rise and fall as the power curve went up and then down again. I'm a paper puncher also and enjoy trying to be as precise as I can.

If you were going to ask my opinion on a gun, after all the flipping, and trying different models, the two that have stayed with me are the FX Royale, and the BSA R-10. Aside from all the other subjective things that people will or will not like them for, the one most important factor for me is their accuracy / consistency. Those two guns will put up some seriously impressive consistency. If I could have only one, it would be the Royale.

I did a mini review of the BSA R-10 here
http://www.airgunnation.com/topic/50-shots-with-the-bsa-r-10-mkii-22-pics-mini-review/

And I also recently made a video of a 33 shot group at 50 yards with the FX Royale here.
http://www.airgunnation.com/topic/finally-got-it-on-video-fx-royale-500-33-shot-group/
Thanks! I enjoyed the video.

You already have two excellent rifles. I think your next one should be regulated, although not that important if all you do is shoot paper. Unless, of course, you get into competition shooting then, that opens the door to a lot of super rifles. The BSA R10 is a great choice, but it's kinda the same ilk as your AA510. I had a 510 and liked it very much. From that point, I stepped up to Crickets and RAW rifles. RAWs primarily because I shoot competition FT and BR. You have to look over what's available, and get whatever tickles your fancy. Guaranteed, you will get more than one. It's a sickness.

Dirte I have an AA S510 carbine and after shooting it for a year I lightened my hammer and replaced the factory spring and added a regulator. Doing the work wasnt hard and it was actually quite easy but I have experience using lathes and mills so others with less experience might feel differently. adding the regulator was the best thing that I could have done and I wished I did it right out of the box cause it made an already great rifle even better.

If you are looking for another rifle I also recommend the BSA R10 MK2. I recently bought one and its a solid performing rifle and in my opinion out performs my S510. I have a thread on this forum with a quick break down of my thoughts on both rifles and a video shooting 100 yds with both for comparison. There are plenty of other videos of the R10 and how it performs.

Heres the link: http://www.airgunnation.com/topic/bsa-r10-mk2-first-thoughts-comparison-to-aa-s510/