What have you done with your airgun today?

I reassembled a .357 Bulldog after Teflon taping the manometer threads and monitoring the res pressure to remedy a leak. The reservoir appeared to be holding air fairly well overnight so I took it out and shot about 20-30 pellets with a CenterPoint warranty replacement scope that I needed to sight in. Felt good to get her back in action. 

Got a few pellets to last me a month or two.....

DD8B76A8-F796-44A5-B06A-262D5BC4C8F7.1619382071.jpeg

then got me a couple of roof eaters with my dream-tac compact. 
31CB62F8-84C1-4E68-B0C7-D0F208F002D5.1619382126.jpeg

9B1716FF-7D36-4CA2-9A30-BF419ADB61F2.1619382271.gif

A couple days ago i purchased a inexpensive rifle on line, it shot like a shotgun for a pattern, so i first pushed a pellet in with the bolt then backwards out using a wooden dowel stick, found a big chunk missing on head of pellet, after cleaning up that end the pattern went from a 12 inch pattern at 10 yards to a 3 inch pattern, today i did the same checking the exit end and found a messed up crown and worse yet squished rifling on last 3\4 inch of barrel, knowing this would end any warranty and my better judgment i ground and filed the end of barrel flat and hand drilled rifing out of end of barrel, then used a slug with compound in and out to clean the end of rifing groves, now shoots 1 inch groups at 38 yards, extremely happy with that, its normally the best i shoot anyway.

Tried some automotive vinyl wrap on my Daystate Renegade. I ended up with a coupla small wrinkles, but you need to "look" for them.

Note - Thanks to my cat, for the chewed butt pad..!

Daystate Renegade, .22.1619567386.JPG

Mike

That looks awesome. How is that material applied?

It's a fairly thin material (the vinyl) to begin with. I first used tape to secure the forend to the main part of the stock together.

Then I laid the "wrap" inline with the straight edge of the top of the forend. You just place the vinyl as you go down the stock. When you come to low or raised areas, you use a heat gun to soften the vinyl so it'll move/stretch very easily. I used my fingers for most of the different surface levels...heat, and force the material into the low/high areas. Keeping pressure on the material as you move. As the vinyl cools, it stays in place. You have to be careful on how you lay the vinyl, as it's easy to get bubbles and wrinkles. I've found it to be sorta inevitable in some circumstances. I just use a fresh, pointed exaco blade to poke a tiny hole so the air can escape. The hole disappears as the material cools.

Lotsa heating, and forcing into shape. Then when everything is complete, a light heating of the whole thing helps "set" the vinyl in its new position so it doesn't try to "pull" itself out of place. You wait until it all cools to room temperature to cut all of the excess material away from anyplace that you don't want it. It took almost two hours for the complete job.

And yes, if you want to change it, or just remove it...you heat and pull. While the material is pretty sticky, it doesn't seem to leave any residue on the parent material.

Here's my first try. I modified the stock on my Argus 45. I was gonna just paint it until I found "Gunskins" wrap. Long story, but I decided to see if the automotive wrap is similar to the Gunskins wrap. Yes, it seems to be. You just need to search out the style and coloring that you like.

Kalibrgun Argus 45, .22.1619633314.JPG

Mike

Got bored and setup my PP700 again. Glad the buyer backed out after I sold it, now I have it setup as 20 yard squirrel gun with a hawk red dot. Compact, light and very quiet with the sumo up front. As accurate as the gun can be with a 2 MOA red dot and me behind the trigger shooting 177 hades at 620fps. Now I just need a squirrel to show up and get close enough. 😆

E53DA5FB-0B6D-49FB-88DA-CD73B6F1B958.1619726409.jpeg

qball Thanks it's 31 yrs of labor on the yard but only 1/2 acr. if I new about these air guns years ago I would of stayed on one of the 5 acr, that I had . The breaker is my main gun to hunt nutria so I'll go back to the syn. stock when I hunt with it . I sanded all the kral emblems off the side used a wood chisel to carve out the aluminum trigger guard and added the aluminum extended butt plate . Pappy-yosh made the 3-D piece that's sits in front of the mag ( had it made to stop any rush of air- in case I blew a breech o-ring because my eye was right over the mag & I wear glasses ) the 3-D piece slides back & forth over the mag he did a nice job plus the 3-D lever. Also sanded the grip down to fit my fingers & tried to stipple the stock . I did it a little too deep but I know what to do next time lol