TUXING 4500PSI PCP Air Compressor Review

Nether did that guy..lol
I reckon we shall never know, eh?

From wiki:
Barnum's biographer Arthur H. Saxon tried to track down when Barnum had uttered this phrase but was unable to verify it. According to Saxon, "There's no contemporary account of it, or even any suggestion that the word 'sucker' was used in the derogatory sense in his day. Barnum was just not the type to disparage his patrons."[1]

Some sources claim that it is most likely from famous con-man Joseph "Paper Collar Joe" Bessimer.[2] Other sources say that it was actually uttered by David Hannum in reference to Barnum's part in the Cardiff Giant hoax.[3] Hannum was exhibiting the "original" giant and had unsuccessfully sued Barnum for exhibiting a copy and claiming that it was the original. Crowds continued to pay to see Barnum's exhibit, even after both it and the original had been proven to be fakes.[citation needed] A circus competitor to Barnum, Adam Forepaugh, attributed the quote to Barnum in a newspaper interview in an attempt to discredit him.

Reactions: Hateful McNasty
Ok, so how does this compressor manage to stay cool using just that little radiator when mine goes very quickly to 70 or 75 celcius when using a much larger radiator and a lot more water? Even with a constant supply of tap water mine can't stay under 70C. I have to use ice in my water.
They're basically both compressing the same amount of air per minute, so they should be generating the same amount of heat. I don't get it.
Here's my setup:

Any ideas?

Ok, so how does this compressor manage to stay cool using just that little radiator when mine goes very quickly to 70 or 75 celcius when using a much larger radiator and a lot more water? Even with a constant supply of tap water mine can't stay under 70C. I have to use ice in my water.
They're basically both compressing the same amount of air per minute, so they should be generating the same amount of heat. I don't get it.
Here's my setup:

Any ideas?
Cylinders are separate and each cooled. Also oil quality, heatsink design, cooling channel design etc make a difference.

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
I agree that the base model is your safer bet.Then upgrade to the components you want. Keeping it cool is key. I still have a 4 year old Yong Heng compressor that still works great, but kept it running cool. I also changed the oil every 8 hours. I used Royal Purple initially, but realized that it was not the right oil for it. I switched to Nuvair 435. It runs cooler and smoother. So now I run Nuvair oil in my Tuxing as well. Never going back to RP.
Thanks for the info on Nuvair 435, i will look into it.

Reactions: PianoGun
Here's my setup:

Any ideas?
I live in Texas and I have a Yong Heng that I cool with a 5 gal bucket of 50/50 distilled water and radiator coolant aluminum compatible. I never run it more than 15 min. If Temps get past 50 C (122F) I wait 5 min for it to cool off. The Tuxing double cylinder I'm running on 2.5 gal, but with a double fan PC cooling radiator. For the Tuxing double in a 20 min run the temp goes to 49C (120F). However, I believe what makes a difference is also the oil I am using. The Royal Purple brakes down and turns black only after 30 min of running. It also leaves black carbon deposits on the piston rings. At times when I first changed the oil with RP, the safety pressure vale/copper membrane popped for over pressure. This indicated to me that the RP oil combusts around 4000 psi. The Nuvair oil after 4 hours of runtime it is still clear, and compressor runs smother with less noise and the safety valves never pop.

With that said, a friend of mine gave me a Yong Heng compressor that gave out with only 1 hour of working time. It could not build pressure past 2000 psi. I run it and the temperature shoots up to 75 C (168F) in 3 minutes. The temperature gets so high that the high pressure tubing turns dark blue. I cleaned the lines, and the high pressure check valve, and replaced the piston and rings. It still overheats. Still no idea why? I now bought the entire high and low pressure bleed valve blocks to replace to see if it fixes the problem. I do not need this compressor, I just trying to solve the problem.

So it could be something unusual and wrong with your Yong Heng as well as it is with what my friend gave me.

Last edited:
Well yes. Tore it apart and found that the green o-ring that seals the top of the HP cylinder is not in great shape at all. Pieces of it came out when I pulled out the cylinder. Does anyone have specs for this o-ring, perhaps suggestions for something more durable?

View attachment 342176
Did anybody ever figure out the proper size, and type of oring we should use ? I am tired of replacing the ones tuxing sells.

I've owned a Tuxing (TXEDO11) since July 14th, 2021. Last fall, I installed a rebuild kit, and it's still performing well. It charges my two CF tanks to 4500 psi. For cooling, I use a 5-gallon cooler, filling it with 2-3 gallons of water and topping it off with blocks of ice. The oil I use is Triax Kompressor MV. I've ordered another TXEDO11 as a backup. In 2023, I purchased the TXEDT31, but it was subpar; the built-in filter was merely cotton, and the digital gauge was consistently inaccurate. It seems the simpler model was superior.

IMG_20240413_141522880.jpg