Skout airguns

I saw a video yesterday, with quite a few notable British airgun people praising the ghost.
I dont need a review of the Skout rifle, but it would be nice if a few of the know guys could put a few rounds thru it, and tell what they think it can amount to be once done.

If it could have been there at EBR for people to just try, set up with something where it could shoot as good as it get right now, that would have made me happy too.

Little things like the feel of the trigger, the feel of cycling it, the feel of inserting a magazine, how it is on the shoulder / cheek ASO
Patience my friend, you won't be disappointed this time.

Well my impatience are solely from a airgun geek perspective, this gun are above my price bracket for sure.
Though if its nice and all, it will suck a lot to be missing out as i have a personal stake / interest here.

On the other hand, the people driving / buying fancy Italian or where ever sports cars, do absolutely nothing for me even if i am a gearhead, CUZ something like that are not what i dream about driving, well at least not before i have my own race track, or at least move to a county that have race tracks.

The times of taking a chance it on the Danish roads are over, 100 % over the limit and the car you drive will get confiscated and sold on auction ( dunno who get the money but its not you )
Last year a Norwegian guy had the brand new lambo Huracan he got in Germany taken, when he opened it up on a Danish road on the way home ( doing 236 kmh on a 80 kmh highway ), that was pretty damn funny i think, the Norwegian guy probably not as he had to walk onto the ferry home.
The guy also got 20 days prison, and can not enter Denmark for 6 years.

Anotehr guy let his M8 go get pizzas in his 911, the guy drove like a maniac and got his friends 911 confiscated, :ROFLMAO:

You can turn off the audio from what I understand and "The AirShootist" on You Tube has 2 great videos regarding the Scout Epoch "Epic". I've owned and own just about every configuration from spring to break barrel spring to gas spring to pump and multi-pump to pcp. This is my next adventure. I am looking forward to it. It doesn't mean my others will not be shot, they will. I just have to experience this one.

Last edited:
I think most dealers will carry them, or maybe i should say larger dealers, these are expensive rifles a small store can not afford to have on a shelf collecting dust, so have to move fast i assume.

I am very much looking forward to seeing these in action, even if its pellets first and i am a slug whore, and it seem they will soon be appearing in the wild.

Reactions: DanT55
Pea shooter
I bet you have a wealth of good information on the 177 slug,, Now I am in the US and I have 22, 25, and a 30 caliber, Getting a 22 Huben in Feb, if the boat comes in,,,
Anyway If I am going to shoot slugs I am going 177 , The thing is I have not drank the FX kool aid , My favorite 177 is my Uragan with the 500cc bottle,
What is your most accurate 177 slug gun, Please don't say FX but if you do I will under stand
Mike oops lets take it off the Scout post....

Well there are not much to choose from in .177 slugs, in general they just come in 1 size VS others you might see in 2 diameters.

I have only shot slugs in my Maverick ( 700 mm barrel ) and my Vulcan 3.
Both do fairly fine with the chocked barrels, but i am going to just shoot pellets in the Vulcan 3 moving forward, even if the V3 and its 530 mm CZ barrel are hanging with the Maverick just fine

I use 3 and 2 " splatter targets i put on cardboard and then put out at 75 - 100 M, and if the wind are not too bad i can generally keep all my shots within those targets ( Denmark are quite windy much of the year hence why we are the masters of Wind turbines )

I have not yet found a super slug, but 12.5gr NSA and 13 / 13.43 gr JSB KO / Zan slugs are what i shoot most, getting 15 -16 and the top dog 20 gr slugs up to speed are no problem, but accuracy are dropping on those.
I am hoping my new Heavy liner will change that, even if its twist rate are the same as the old barrel, then the rifling are not the same.
I like to be able to shoot the heavier ones even if i dont expect to do that very often.
But my Maverick have been in the shop now for a month with the broken cocking handle,,,,,, fortunately the weather have been miserable so i have not been missing shooting.

Viking airgunner and Soren D are way ahead of me with the slugs.
Also on uploads to youtube.

• Love
Reactions: SorenDrost
Thanks I am pretty well going to stick to the 12 and 13 gr slugs no reason to go real heavy in 177, May change my mind on that, Looks like Skout my come out with a 177 on down the line, There is a guy on here that has a 177 Huben special made by Kelly,
I was very tempted to also go down that road, I am sure you guys with the big windmills can't have a semi Auto pellet gun in 177 ? Thanks for the info I will check the guys out on Facebook,, I will start a 177 slug questions on projectiles site...
Mike

Semi auto are actually also OK here, but better not talk too loud about it as some have a strong urge to protect Danes against them self.
My guy carry the Leshy rifles, but i do not think they sell well, last i spoke to him it was my understanding he had real problems moving most compact bullpups

ATM i am sort of eying the Kalibergun springbok rifle, but to be honest i dont think i will go there.

Not able to join that FB group as i have never been on that platform, but viking airgunner live in the same town as i do, its at his place i get my tanks filled, Soren do live way down south of me, i might go visit him some time this summer as he have plenty of range past 100 M, and at my friends place we cant go much further than that.
And i would like to try and really stretch it out to 150 M maybe even 200 M / 1/8 mile.

Reactions: SorenDrost