Ghost or impact

I had an Impact MKII in 30 cal and it shot great. You had to verify the POI each time I took it hunting….lots of Orings that went bad (I bought it used) so I had to rebuild it before I could even shoot it. It took a little work to get it tuned just right, but you always had to check it’s zero. I sold the Impact when I got a 30 cal Delta Wolf.

I then bought a ghost carbine in 22 and after a good barrel cleaning loved the rifle. This rifle shot better than my DW….I traded in my DW and got a ghost 30 cal. Good cleaning of the barrel and a tack driver…put my DW to shame.

Durability wise….It travelled to New Mexico, Oklahoma, then down into Texas in a soft case. When I got to Textreme it took 5 shots to confirm yardage turret and after the 2 days, in hot, humid, rain it got me 1st place.

Off to Utah after that for RMAC and again at sight in it was right on.

Back home to Arizona and anther first place in a local competition…..Off to shoot P dogs in snowflake and longest confirmed DRT was 185 yards.

‘Durable? Hell yes….I love the platform. Very easy to tune, durable, and both of mine shoot great.

I have only shot pellets so far.

Tony P
Dude brk needs to send you a commission check bc you might have just sold me

I had an Impact MKII in 30 cal and it shot great. You had to verify the POI each time I took it hunting….lots of Orings that went bad (I bought it used) so I had to rebuild it before I could even shoot it. It took a little work to get it tuned just right, but you always had to check it’s zero. I sold the Impact when I got a 30 cal Delta Wolf.

I then bought a ghost carbine in 22 and after a good barrel cleaning loved the rifle. This rifle shot better than my DW….I traded in my DW and got a ghost 30 cal. Good cleaning of the barrel and a tack driver…put my DW to shame.

Durability wise….It travelled to New Mexico, Oklahoma, then down into Texas in a soft case. When I got to Textreme it took 5 shots to confirm yardage turret and after the 2 days, in hot, humid, rain it got me 1st place.

Off to Utah after that for RMAC and again at sight in it was right on.

Back home to Arizona and anther first place in a local competition…..Off to shoot P dogs in snowflake and longest confirmed DRT was 185 yards.

‘Durable? Hell yes….I love the platform. Very easy to tune, durable, and both of mine shoot great.

I have only shot pellets so far.

Tony P
Tony what cal? think about one down the road in 177 and a exra barrel in 30 cal keith from michigan

Why not ask Franklink. He’s tested/evaluated many Airguns and gives honest facts about the rifle. His opinion is one that I truly respect!

Thanks for the kind words.

Yes I've had the privilege to shoot a good # of high quality airguns, and that is made up of guns that I've purchased, friends guns, and then the 4 or 5 that I've had on long term loan from AOA for ongoing reviews over that past couple years.

Unfortunately, I can't offer any first hand input on a comparison between an FX Impact and the BRK Ghost, as I've not had an Impact come through my hands.

I CAN say that some of the more common complaints I've seen others make about the Impact simply aren't problems with the Ghost....namely the complexity (lots of tiny parts as well as overall oring count) and the point of impact shifts (liner versus actual solid barrel).

I've been pretty impressed with the Ghost, and I've ran it hard and put it away wet a lot of times in these last ten months. It's been exceptional at Xtreme Field Target, regular field target, plinking, and pesting. I own some high end airguns that I think very highly of, and the Ghost has been the one I grab for all uses, and it's been that way for almost a year. I'm just a bit above 10,000 shots though it now and the only problem that I've had was the valve that came in it dumped all the air twice. After the second time AOA sent me the updated valve and its been trouble free since the replacement valve. Thats an item that is covered by warranty, and I've not heard any reports of production Ghosts having the same problem (the one I was sent was essentially pre-release, not quite prototype but also has parts in it that aren't in the ones currently for sale).

The Ghost is a high quality airgun that I've really enjoyed getting to know (shoot).

The impact had a better trigger...With the help of @zx10wall I was able to get my trigger to where I wanted it. The first stage is easy with a spring change....https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MB8V919/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here is the spring Derrick told me to get for the first stage.

I will tell you Derrick has the ghost trigger down and when you buy a rifle from tenaciousairguns.com the trigger job is included in his price....

Tony P.

Unfortunately the ghost is not capable of shooting slugs . Brocock has employed a out sided to come up with a barrel which will shoot slugs and he is working on the internals as well . This new ghost will not be available until next summer.
Any one on Facebook join this page

Reactions: qball
Unfortunately the ghost is not capable of shooting slugs.

It's not a Ghost specific problem but rather a BARREL manufacturer problem. Especially in reference to slugs, considering how fickle they are about the BARREL being used to shoot them. We think BARRELS are pellet picky, but the rarity of finding an airgun BARREL that will shoot slugs well is high. So it's not that "the Ghost is not capable of shooting slugs" but rather actual, true, real, BARRELS used in airguns do not usually jive with slugs. And by extension (and the sister fact to the previous sentence) airguns that use real BARRELS often do not shoot slugs well.

There are of course outliers. For a good 8 or so months @SorenDrost has been sharing results of .177 slug shooting from his Ghost, and it is rather impressive. I more recently found out that a rebarreled Ghost that I've been shooting does astonishingly well with slugs. And yes it was rebarreled, but it was rebarreled with a .20 choked Lothar, which is what BRK installs in their guns at the factory (just not a .20....yet).

So, there are Ghosts with BARRELS that shoot slugs well, but they're rare. What it comes down to is that a guy never knows if their particular BARREL with shoot a specific slug well unless they try out the combo. In the meantime, and as you stated, we need the BARREL manufacturers to either do their own R&D or be receptive to R&D done by others, in regards to making BARRELS that shoot slugs well, and at a higher success rate than current production.

My BRK Ghost .177 HP started out as a carbine about 10 months ago - Then I changed it to the regular .177 HP with the 600 mm barrel 🙂👻

Both models shot both pellets and slugs quite well 👍🎯

At the moment, I am testing a new prototype barrel, which is longer and it shoots both pellets and slugs very well at higher velocities than the 600 mm 🎯💪👻 So more power and better accuracy !

A14ABC4B-E3F3-48E9-96DB-2FFBEF57CB0F.jpeg

My BRK Ghost .177 HP started out as a carbine about 10 months ago - Then I changed it to the regular .177 HP with the 600 mm barrel 🙂👻

Both models shot both pellets and slugs quite well 👍🎯

At the moment, I am testing a new prototype barrel, which is longer and it shoots both pellets and slugs very well at higher velocities than the 600 mm 🎯💪👻 So more power and better accuracy !

View attachment 375577
Very nice! Any plans for .22?

I would think it’s likely there’s an M4 coming soon, using the Panthera block and barrel plenum. It would certainly suck to get an M3 and have that come out in a few weeks/months. I guess what I’m really saying is that the Panthera tech makes the M3 somewhat obsolete.
The options are keep waiting or buy now. FX seems to adapt the FX as needed so don’t know if you’d be left out in the cold. Panthera profile seems more suited to replace their hunting style rifles more than the bull pup.

I would think it’s likely there’s an M4 coming soon, using the Panthera block and barrel plenum. It would certainly suck to get an M3 and have that come out in a few weeks/months. I guess what I’m really saying is that the Panthera tech makes the M3 somewhat obsolete.
FX replied to a recent post on Youtube that the M4 is not coming out next year. Which makes me wonder if that was something cryptic meaning we might get a surprise before the end of this year?

Last edited: