Do I really need any more airguns....because i keep wanting to buy another & my wife's had enough??

I'm quite sure I am not alone in having an almost addictive need to purchase new, different air guns. Despite having a ridiculous collection, especially after factoring in all the scopes, ammo, targets, cases, slings, & upgrades/mods Ive done, etc., I STILL want MORE!! So my question is: do we really NEED more airguns; & if the answer is no, then follow up questions are why not & then why do you think we keep buying them, and if yes, why the need. Different hunting approaches, compactness for carrying, ammo size/cost, I mean I could go on & on? Hence my asking the greatest online forum of airgunners! Do we (or I) actually NEED more airguns? (Help me convince my wife, fellas!)

So, I have: Umarex.510cal Hammer, FX Wildcat MKIII .30cal, Hatsan Blitz .30cal, Hatsan Barrage .25cal, Hatsan Jet I .22cal & Jet II .25cal, Umarex Origin .22cal, Umarex HDR .50cal, two Umarex HDS68 double-barrel shotguns, Sig Sauer Virtus .22cal, Umarex HDX .68cal pump shotgun, Seneca .50cal Double Shot shotgun & .50cal Dragonclaw II, Umarex .50cal HDS pistol, Umarex Air Javelin & Air Saber air rifles, not to mention 7 BB guns/rifles.

So, ladies & gents- what's the verdict? When are enough air guns enough? Or are there ever "enough" airguns?? I have my eye on the Umarex Primal shotgun....

I use the same theory as my wife with shoes. They go with the outfit. I have her convinced you can't shoot two things with same gun. The airgun God will not have mercy on you. I have a crow gun, then one for sparrows, tree rats. Also .morning and evening guns. You get the idea. Every gun has a purpose. Lol .
Intelligent creatures - get to know them and ya won’t shoot them
IMG_7434.jpeg

Well I have 14 rifles right now. My other hobby pays for them. Pellets and scopes comes out of my pocket. Metal detecting the beaches and with gold at its highest point doesn't take much gold to get a rifle. My wife doesn't care because she as a diamond ring for every day of the week. This monster I found is 14k gold and paid for my FX DRS...my buddy found a 14k 120 gram rappers chain
20221126_170953.jpg
years ago. Think about how many guns that can buy!!!!The diamond ring is 2.5ct in 14k in the picture.
20240314_204816.jpg
20240314_203634.jpg

I understand the desire for "one more" or the "next one". I avoid too many as my means are limited, therefore I generally have 6 guns personally and enjoy them to different degrees. When something new appears, I usually will decide which of my existing posessions does not quite charm me as much as my others and cycle it out to bring in the new one. Now these were good guns, but, in the end, how many can I really shoot? I decided on 6 but that's me. 2 low power, 2 standard power, 2 High power. Depending on which catagory the new toy fits, that's the existing gun on the trade block. Let's me try all kinds of guns and keeps it from becoming overwhelming with product and space. Helping to alleviate issues with the spouse.
Excellent. That’s exactly where I’m at. My purchase journey at bottom, not exactly in order. I’m not a collector and don’t really want to utilize a ton of square footage for airguns that I can only shoot one at a time.
I was able to narrow to some really nice PCP’s and two springers (in my opinion of course). The final rack: .22 Evol 15” barrel, .30 Paradigm, AA HFT500 .177, .22 TX.200 and an HW50K in .177.
Covers all my plinking, target and hunting needs. Took a bit of time and $$ to get there but I can’t think of any airguns that would make me sell one of these to improve my collection. They all just check all the right boxes for me.
AEA HP .22
S510 .22
Huntsman .22
Wolverine .22
Huben .22
Wildcat .25
Wildcat .22
Impact .22
Crown Continuum .22
Crown .25
TX200 .22
HW95 .22
HFT500 .177
Marauder .25
RAW HM1000x .22
AAA PARADIGM .30
AAA Evol .22
HW50K .177

Reactions: Dairyboy
I humbly submit that after years of honorably putting the needs of a family first and foremost in every endeavor.
Which meant sacrificing our own personal pursuits of HAPPINESS for the good of the family unit we chose to create.
By a bit of luck and grace we've reached a nirvana station where there are no heavy soul crushing economic pressures that matter.
So we've decided to spend our own frog skins on some long denied pursuits of HAPPINESS while still young and healthy enough to enjoy.
Remembering tomorrow is promised to no man and we all dance on this stage for an unknown limited time friend. :unsure:

@Outer_Rondacker , Now we know who wear the pants in your home. Very curious to know who lay your outfit out daily?
What is this daily stuff? A working man is still in the same outfit as the day before. Heck most working men sleep on their feet and who said I wear pants anyway? ;)

I haven't given too much thought to if I have too many...usually when something comes along that represents something I am missing I become the true master of rationalization. I have .177 rifles in pcp, and multipump...but no Springer...and it's priced right....and who am i too pass up a good bargain....and I could always sell it to get my money back at that price...and I only have 1 rifle in the kitchen right now....and so on.
The current kitchen rifle is my 392pa because building code says within x ft. Of a sink have gfi outlets and non rusting brass barrels, right?