.25 M-Rod how many shots per fill.

Hello all,
I’m looking for some help here, I learned with the bulldog, the manufactures estimate of shots per fill was highly inaccurate. I am returning this gun because pumping it 187 times after five shots is not acceptable,I’m already into this gun $700 +with the moderator,Buy a tank? No way! l’ve spent too much already for my purposes , plus a 45 minute drive to fill up with air ($10) to get 16 fills, five shots per fill... thank God for Amazon‘s return policy, I can even return the unopened pellets and extra clips !!!!😄.
I do have a brand new moderator in the box if anybody wants it,I’m thinking 75 bucks.

*** Here’s the question: I hunt or plink usually while I’m on a hike. Caring a tank with me is not an option, neither is a pump. I would like at least 20 shots.... am I going to get that with a stock .25 marauder ? A better question maybe, how many shots are between 2000 PSI and 3000 psi?
If not... what do I have to do, to make that happen, Preferably without spending a cent.

PS. Don’t get me wrong the bulldog is a very very fun gun to shoot,And if you have mountains of money & time, buy it!!! I recommend it highly. Accurate at 100 yards I was wrecking pumpkins!!!!

Thank you
Dave

You should be able to get around 20 shots fairly easily, the number straight out of the box will depend on the factory tune, though. (Ted shot a gen 1 from 2800 to 2000 and got a good sixteen consistent shots) If you can't find a way to get more shots out of it after playing around with the valve and hammer, you should probably consider getting a regulator or TSS (or other HDD). Alternatively, you could make the air reservoir larger with an aftermarket extender.

I have a .25 marauder that now gets 24 shots from 2950psi to 2450psi at 855fps. I also can shoot down to 2000 psi giving me 32 shots total at 845 fps average across 32 shots. All I did was clean the metal work around the trigger slot and the air gage. I polished the tube areas around of the slots, put a WAR hammer in, lock tighten the hammer and bolt catch pins and nothing else.