Why I think EVERYONE should own a Gamo Urban

I picked up a used one for my buddies son for his first PCP. Out of the box it shot well but I’m picky so I built a SSG for it and found a real nice setting with Wally 14.3’s. It became a very quiet gun once I got it to quit wasting air. I strongly dislike plastic guns but the Urban is so comfortable in every kind of shooting situation that I can’t bash it’s plastic stock. I have some high end guns that will shoot the Wally 14.3’s. But none of them shoot that pellet better than the Urban. It’s shocking. He loves it and I always seize the opportunity to shoot it when I’m at his house.

If I was ever in a position to start an airgun shooting club for kids to learn basic gun fundamentals along with target shooting out to 50 yds, the gamo urban is what I would buy multiples of. With its out of the box accuracy, it’s lightweight, and easily to shoulder for off hand shooting, it’ll bring instant gratification to the beginner pcp enthusiast

Reactions: ButchS
O" yea the haters. I also proudly own a Urban. All the BSA qualities at a Gamo price. Got mine used (Looked new) From AOA for 195.00 with 2 magazines. It is a fantastic rifle. The can on the front is a little screwy. It is molded over two collars on the barrel. So it has to be turned/chopped/burnt or how ever you decide to remove it. I've seen some with shrouds, shrouds with treaded ends and barrels that had the collars turned off and run a small TKO. Speaking of which I am very fortunate to live about 10 miles Mike and his great company TKO. We have talked about a shroud for it, and he say's he knows a couple of tricks for it as well. The other issue is the stock. It is a little trick though the forearm, and the comb is a little high. You need medium to tall rings if you are over 5"10. Any one know if there is a wood BSA stock that will swap out? In defense of the factory stock, it have very well executed grip panels on the forearm and pistol grip. The texturing is perfect for a field gun. Mine is in .22 and wears a Hake 2x7 scope. The only other gun that comes close to the Urban in value is the Storm rider, and I have one of them as well.
tim

Reactions: L.Leon
My brother brought his Urban over for an afternoon of target shooting recently. I also tend to lean towards higher-end, refined varieties. I was in absolute awe at the accuracy of his, for what it is. Refined? No. But my gosh is it accurate !! It shoulders nicely, feels good in the hands, etc. Am I buying one? Not likely, but wow !! On paper, the results were extremely impressive. It's no Weihrauch , but for the price.....amazing.

Reactions: OldSpook
Agreed. I am not a Gamo shooter, but plenty of grief gets dished out around here about other brands mostly FX. I assume it is mostly good natured barbs and if it isn’t? OH WELL.
People like to justify expensive purchases by discounting other more inexpensive options; it's human nature. I own and have owned many PCPs and the Urban has a place among them. If I had to travel 20 miles on foot I wouldn't refuse a bicycle because it wasn't a motorcycle. :)

Urban makes a great trunk PCP or a PCP you'd be willing to not baby while delivering solid performance at a beyond reasonable cost.

You stick with your Chevy Volt, I'll keep my Ferrari

1666290036327.jpeg

1666289920035.jpeg

You stick with your Chevy Volt, I'll keep my Ferrari

ferrari-812-superfast-impounded-in-london.jpg
In time, I hope the community will shine favor, fortune, and good will upon me, despite being a lowly peasant who likes his Gamo Urban in addition to his Daystate Pulsar and Daystate Renegade that replaced the Brocock Commander and Brocock Concept Lite. :)

Reactions: qball
There is no limit to the ways or lengths that one man will go to raise himself above the next. It is the province of the immature and the arrogant. Those who traffic in such childishness show themselves for what they are. Vendors love them.

Enjoy your rifle and don't concern yourself with those who rank themselves by the things they own rather than the character they demonstrate.