Whats The Quietest PCP You Have Shot?

So I have had a bunch of pcps now some low middle and now high end ones. I have shifted my needs and kind of want the quietest I can get. I have been doing some pest stuff and want it as quiet as can be. I may just be spoiled with my 10fpe dreamtac that I can shoot at anytime because it's that quiet. I have a dreamtac, crown, impact, veteran, and a L2. Even moderated is fine just looking to see what others have found.
20221001_225917.jpg
20220815_011214.jpg
20220731_000616.jpg
20220714_011744.jpg
20220712_230327.jpg

For me it is my Prod with an Mrod Barrel and SSG in .22. In my .25 it's a toss up Marauder again SSG but on a lightened Hammer with a 1800 PSI Fill. Right at 40 for 40. The loudest is the hammer strike and the Pellet on target. And a regulated Air Arms S510 in .25

With the PRod in the backyard the humming birds still eat from the feeder behind my head. Target is across the yard. I used to go pesting with a Friend in the cattle yards in Ontario and was able to plink the birds on the roof. They would take flight when their neighbor was knocked to the ground but no movement prior to pellet strike.

Michael

Probably my AA S510 Carbine with a Huggett Astile moderator. My BSA R10 is also very quiet with the Huma Air BSA shroud/moderator

Astile.jpg

BSA R10b.jpg

Fx Royale .22 w Hugget Snipe. Gives Mimes an insecurity complex…
I am surprised to read that -
My experience with the Hugget snipe that they look and feel extremely good, but are really not that quiet.
I replaced my Hugget Snipe with Weihrauch standard type and the expensiver XLK - they are both on another level doing sound suppression, compared to the Hugget Snipe. So you can get it much quieter with a moderator some might say downgrade, and I agree to the way they look. But function an absolute upgrade.

Claus

What's your dB levels on each of those? I have a hard time believing that a gun without a silencer is quieter than any gun with one.
I never measured the decibels, but I have shot plenty of different air rifles. And those 2 were the air rifles that I never needed to put a moderator on, I tried moderating both of them and it didnt make a good enough difference to moderate them. I could shoot them indoors without a problem.

Out of 12 PCPs…

Quietest is an FX Dreamline Classic .177 with a Weihrauch moderator (original 30mm “hair curler” version). This is shooting 10.3g at 895 fps.

I believe my RTI Prophet Performance is just as quiet with a Huma Mod 30 when using .177 barrel shooting 13.4g at 830fps.

The Prophet “feels” slightly louder as its flinging a 30.65 gram hammer at the valve, but it probably measures the same DB.

Quietest .22 caliber is a Weihrauch HW110 shooting 15.89g at 895fps. Barrel is not shrouded - just a standard Weihrauch moderator doing all the quieting work.

I’m surprised to hear the hugget didn’t work well in your experience. I’ve never compare it to the others you’d mentioned but my Weihrauch HW44 is east on the ears so perhaps there would be an improvement trying a Weihrauch or XLK. Can’t hurt to try so thanks for sharing.
Agree. I have Huggett's on three Daystate's (.177, .20 and .22) and my .22 Air Arms. Whisper quiet on all.

.22 Gamo Arrow or my semi custom 1720T carbine
The arrow is definitely quiet but has a slight thump and ping to it. The notos is the quietest gun I've shot so far. The first 3 shots when sighting in missed the target so I never heard an impact. I honestly thought the gun was broken. It just made a subtle "dff" sound. I actually stopped, went inside, unloaded the mag and looked down the barrel because I thought it jammed. Took it outside and aimed high. Same "dff" but this time I heard a loud smack as it hit the target. It has since gotten a little louder, but it's still the quietest gun I own.
My L2 is the loudest. I wish it was quieter so I could shoot it more. 😕