What springer did you shoot today?

Different day, started with a Diana K98 .22. This gun pounds I was hitting a hanging can full of ice at 30 yds. View attachment 426174I enjoy shooting this gun.
Next up the Crossman anniversary pumper. This thing about as light as a popcorn fart. Shooting offhand a breeze. View attachment 426180Great accuracy. Don’t like the pumping it. Break a barrel once and shoot, beats 7 pumps. Crow
That's the beauty of the pumper , one of mine is a 1960's rifle . A drop of oil every year and that is the extent of maintenance , or at least on mine .
EDIT : most of the time @ 30 yards i pump 3 times . .20 cal

I bought a Cheap Barska 4x "airgun" scope for my R7 and a non branded (O-junk?)short 3-9 for my Pro-Sport on Amazon.
i did a quick zero at 50' indoor range out of the cold.
Both shot fine and adjusted how they should. We shall see how they hold up

20240117_122348.jpg

20240115_184441.jpg

I bought a Cheap Barska 4x "airgun" scope for my R7 and a non branded (O-junk?)short 3-9 for my Pro-Sport on Amazon.
i did a quick zero at 50' indoor range out of the cold.
Both shot fine and adjusted how they should. We shall see how they hold up

View attachment 426225

View attachment 426226
Both great air rifles. I tried to get my Prosport to shoot the jsb's the best, but the QYS couldn't be denied..lol. I only tried the 8.44 exacts, though I haven't tried any AA pellets thus far.

Reactions: Bandito
Both great air rifles. I tried to get my Prosport to shoot the jsb's the best, but the QYS couldn't be denied..lol. I only tried the 8.44 exacts, though I haven't tried any AA pellets thus far.
It really likes the 4.53 8.44 Exacts .Are you talking thr QYS domes? I've not tried those but use their wadcutters in match guns successfully.

I've not opened up the prosport but it's kind of a buzzy turd. It shoots so well i'm not touching it.Its pushing 16FPE.

The R7 is only putting out 6 FPE But shoot so damn good i'm not going to worry about it. I replaced the breach seal and the piston seal when I got it last year. But I only chronographed it a couple days ago.

Last edited:
After hooking up plough and using it I had time to fire rounds off hand. View attachment 425868Shooting a HW30 .20. What a gun.
‘Have to say hats off to members that shoot off hand. I felt like a drunk sailor at times. I also cronied the Hadson 130 .30 cal. 530 fps. JSB. Crow
Love that picture!
I live in Georgia and we’re freaking out about it being 20 degrees this week. I really enjoy your shooting pictures and I’m wondering if the lake or river at your house is frozen. Got any pictures of it?

It really likes the 4.53 8.44 Exacts .Are you talking thr QYS domes? I've not tried those but use their wadcutters in match guns successfully.

I've not opened up the prosport but it's kind of a buzzy turd. It shoots so well i'm not touching it.Its pushing 16FPE.

The R7 is only putting out 6 FPE But shoot so damn good i'm not going to worry about it. I replaced the breach seal and the piston seal when I got it last year. But I only chronographed it a couple days ago.
Yes the 8.48 domes, QYS has a 9 something grain pellet but i haven't seen any for sale.
All you need to do is make a tighter fitting guide on your lathe and that buzz will be gone in the Prosport.

Yes the 8.48 domes, QYS has a 9 something grain pellet but i haven't seen any for sale.
All you need to do is make a tighter fitting guide on your lathe and that buzz will be gone in the Prosport.
Yeah, that's what I was figuring in the Pro Sport but I'm just reluctant because it shoots so well..... The first Pro-Sport I had was not this buzzy ,i'm surprised at this one is.

Yeah, that's what I was figuring in the Pro Sport but I'm just reluctant because it shoots so well..... The first Pro-Sport I had was not this buzzy ,i'm surprised at this one is.
Easy to do, and I don't think it will change how well it shoots. Making the guide will take longer than installing it.

Love that picture!
I live in Georgia and we’re freaking out about it being 20 degrees this week. I really enjoy your shooting pictures and I’m wondering if the lake or river at your house is frozen. Got any pictures of it?
This is part of my shore line, just starting to freeze.
IMG_7539.jpeg
Here I’m standing on frozen water 18 inches deep. Ice 1 /2 - 2 inches. I’m not doing jumping jacks. You can see a crack between my feet.
IMG_7588.jpeg
A little more ice on shore. I’ve never seen this so late, like a month.
IMG_7544.jpeg
Here’s a shot from living room of frozen lake.
IMG_7481.jpeg
This lake is dangerous very rare will I see a ski don blowing by. The 4 seasons each are special.
Ironically I shoot way more in winter than any other season. Crow

Last edited:
Got my first Diana, used in very good condition. Diana 34 .177 build date of 08/05, has the T05 trigger. Cocking is smooth. shot cycle is calm and trigger is clean at 1 1/2-2#(guessing). I only had time for a little chrony work, 3 pellets 10 shts ea. ES was very good for all 3 pellets. Power was 12-13 fpe, AA 8.44 avg 800 fps, AA 7.87 avg 856 fps and AA 7.33 avg 876 fps. Do these number look right? Gun was cold probably 35-40* and 45* in the shop. I guess I was hoping for 900-925 fps with AA 7.87. So far I don't hate it. I will get some pics ASAP.

Reactions: Greenarrow
Got my first Diana, used in very good condition. Diana 34 .177 build date of 08/05, has the T05 trigger. Cocking is smooth. shot cycle is calm and trigger is clean at 1 1/2-2#(guessing). I only had time for a little chrony work, 3 pellets 10 shts ea. ES was very good for all 3 pellets. Power was 12-13 fpe, AA 8.44 avg 800 fps, AA 7.87 avg 856 fps and AA 7.33 avg 876 fps. Do these number look right? Gun was cold probably 35-40* and 45* in the shop. I guess I was hoping for 900-925 fps with AA 7.87. So far I don't hate it. I will get some pics ASAP.
If your ES is good and the accuracy is there, I would be happy at 12 ft. lbs.
At average squirrel shootin distance, they are not gonna notice the difference, if you place the shot right.

Never fired 1 round. In town today. Picked these up at post office.
IMG_7760.jpeg
The open is for a 35. Still have 3-4 arcs en-route.
‘My buddy calls me on my cell about a 1927 Vickers falling block, target rifle, .22. They listed as Mint shape. I was about 5 miles from it. Knew the owner shop, so I called, he said, “don’t drag your heels”.
Check out the sights
IMG_7753.jpeg
I’m not into rimfires but this is the one I wanted.
IMG_7757.jpeg
All original. I know it’s not an air rifle, but had to show this safe Queen.
From the muzzle to the breach is one machined piece with a tapered barrel. 26 1/2 inches
IMG_7761.jpeg
IMG_7755.jpeg
The workmanship is just outstanding. This is my rim fire shooter but won’t get near the air time the springers will. Crow

IMG_7754.jpeg

Never fired 1 round. In town today. Picked these up at post office. View attachment 426636
Please report what you think of the tbt. I’m curious
The open is for a 35. Still have 3-4 arcs en-route.
‘My buddy calls me on my cell about a 1927 Vickers falling block, target rifle, .22. They listed as Mint shape. I was about 5 miles from it. Knew the owner shop, so I called, he said, “don’t drag your heels”.
Check out the sightsView attachment 426637I’m not into rimfires but this is the one I wanted. View attachment 426639All original. I know it’s not an air rifle, but had to show this safe Queen.
From the muzzle to the breach is one machined piece with a tapered barrel. 26 1/2 inchesView attachment 426642View attachment 426640The workmanship is just outstanding. This is my rim fire shooter but won’t get near the air time the springers will. Crow

View attachment 426638Gorgeous. What a find

IMG_3479.jpeg
New hw77k in .22. Vortek seal and high output kit. Got my act together and scoped it. Im really liking this one. Very little adjustment needed on scope to zero. Hopefully its a sign this is a magic rifle. This may become one of my favourite quickly. Is it just me or are the stocks slimmer than 25 years ago? My first hw97k seemed chunkier to a new one i received

Next up hw97kL then hw57.