What springer did you shoot today?

Shot the peep sighted HW95 in 177, a couple pistols and later this evening I shot the Daystate Huntsman and the Royale 400

B37B44B4-F4DB-4C2F-95E4-689A1C71C055.jpeg

CA01B41D-41B0-4A5D-9637-574ABE0090D8.jpeg

9041C97D-DD0D-44C3-98C0-3D93A5709648.jpeg

92E46DBB-355A-4116-B5E4-4EA40315E0DB.jpeg

5B5113A0-21DF-4F38-A44B-1B2FE90B5D3E.jpeg

Shot the peep sighted HW95 in 177, a couple pistols and later this evening I shot the Daystate Huntsman and the Royale 400

View attachment 319259

View attachment 319260

View attachment 319261

View attachment 319262

View attachment 319263
I did a little Slug testing out of my HW-95K
Interesting. Might have to get a tin to play with. Crow
Grandson got out playing with a bunch of neighbor kids, and my son went for a long walk, he wore me out yesterday so need a day to recuperate from that, so I got the Diana Octoberfest BB gun out. Fun to stand up and shoot as fast as I can work the bolt. It fed BB's and fired perfectly for around 100 shots. I think they were designed for closer range but I was shooting at about 15 meters and it was deadly on soda cans, kicking them around and punching completely through both sides.

I think for fun one day I will set up a paper target and see what it can do, the leaf sight is rather small and basic, made for more gallery type shooting, but fun.
I put 2 rounds through mine when I got it both jammed. I have to find out how to clear it one day. Crow
Busy day! Wind was very light and manageable with temps in the mid 40's. Took four springers to the range today. I shoot each rifle for an album's worth of music. Once the album is over I switch to another. Sometimes I throw in some stand up comedy. Had all new cans strung up and fresh paint on all the spinners, gotta start the new year off correctly!

Started with the HW30 .177 and gave the cans some What For. Switched to the mighty TX200 .177 and beat up the spinners for awhile. When they cried uncle I switched to the HW50 .22 and destroyed a can right off the paracord, that's alotta of What For. Ended with the HW95 .20 laser. This rifle is a peach. Knocked the paint off of dime and nickle spinners, what a hoot. When you can hit the numbers on a clock of a dime sized spinner, it's a peach.

Going to dust off the PCP's tomorrow. Should be fun!
Sounds great. I always have the Blues playing in the background, keeps the mind occupied. Crow
Got to love the 95’s. Have 2 R9’s and 2 95’s lined up for today.
Always nice to see a young apprentice learning to shoot. Crow

Busy day! Wind was very light and manageable with temps in the mid 40's. Took four springers to the range today. I shoot each rifle for an album's worth of music. Once the album is over I switch to another. Sometimes I throw in some stand up comedy. Had all new cans strung up and fresh paint on all the spinners, gotta start the new year off correctly!

Started with the HW30 .177 and gave the cans some What For. Switched to the mighty TX200 .177 and beat up the spinners for awhile. When they cried uncle I switched to the HW50 .22 and destroyed a can right off the paracord, that's alotta of What For. Ended with the HW95 .20 laser. This rifle is a peach. Knocked the paint off of dime and nickle spinners, what a hoot. When you can hit the numbers on a clock of a dime sized spinner, it's a peach.

Going to dust off the PCP's tomorrow. Should be fun!
You know how to have a good time 👍, I thoroughly enjoyed the spring-gun range session summary.

Reactions: maxtrouble
I took my Diana Octoberfest out this morning, and was going to try with some Gamo all lead BB's, They would not go down the mag tube so shook them out. I lubed some of the better steel BB's, cannot remember the brand at the moment, with some HtBN powder , loaded and then shot for some groups at 10 meters. I was getting 1 1/8 -1 1/4 inch groups. Took a few shots at some acorns set up on a sawhorse, and would hit one about 1 out of five shots, medium size acorns about 5/8 to 3/4 inch diameter. All in all not bad for a BB gun. I think it would do better if it had a better rear sight, but do not see a way to install one. Still a fun gun to shoot, deadly on soda cans, even accurate enough to routeinly hit the end on end. and lying on the ground makes them jump nicely. If they had reduced the magazine capacity and had made a spring follower for positive feed, like some of the old Daisy rifles it would be more fun. You could then hold it up to the shoulder and operate the bolt much faster, like a real bolt action rifle. As it is you need to hold the muzzle up to ensure feeding.
So far my has performed perfectly with steel BB's only trying to jam with lead so I will stick with steel

I took my little HW 57, .22 out for a quick shoot, loosing light so not too many shots. I also tried a couple of shots with JSB Knock Out 25.39 slugs. I did not know if they would fit the pop up breech but just a perfect length to fit. It started with some raindrops so I only got off three shots with them but I was hitting the mid size swing away disks on my Crosman dueling tree. The 57 seems to have gotten a lot of bad press, but I am impressed with the two I have, both with Anschutz rear diopters, they are light and handy, the pop up breech is a little tricky to load, it would be easier if it came up a bit more, but if you point the gun down and grasp a pellet correctly it goes in ok.

I took my Diana Octoberfest out this morning, and was going to try with some Gamo all lead BB's, They would not go down the mag tube so shook them out. I lubed some of the better steel BB's, cannot remember the brand at the moment, with some HtBN powder , loaded and then shot for some groups at 10 meters. I was getting 1 1/8 -1 1/4 inch groups. Took a few shots at some acorns set up on a sawhorse, and would hit one about 1 out of five shots, medium size acorns about 5/8 to 3/4 inch diameter. All in all not bad for a BB gun. I think it would do better if it had a better rear sight, but do not see a way to install one. Still a fun gun to shoot, deadly on soda cans, even accurate enough to routeinly hit the end on end. and lying on the ground makes them jump nicely. If they had reduced the magazine capacity and had made a spring follower for positive feed, like some of the old Daisy rifles it would be more fun. You could then hold it up to the shoulder and operate the bolt much faster, like a real bolt action rifle. As it is you need to hold the muzzle up to ensure feeding.
So far my has performed perfectly with steel BB's only trying to jam with lead so I will stick with steel
I’ii get mine going one day.
I took my little HW 57, .22 out for a quick shoot, loosing light so not too many shots. I also tried a couple of shots with JSB Knock Out 25.39 slugs. I did not know if they would fit the pop up breech but just a perfect length to fit. It started with some raindrops so I only got off three shots with them but I was hitting the mid size swing away disks on my Crosman dueling tree. The 57 seems to have gotten a lot of bad press, but I am impressed with the two I have, both with Anschutz rear diopters, they are light and handy, the pop up breech is a little tricky to load, it would be easier if it came up a bit more, but if you point the gun down and grasp a pellet correctly it goes in ok.
I have a feeling some Weihrauch’s are soon to land, they came last year this time. Ironically the 57 is the only springer I didn’t buy. I have a BSA Polaris with a slide breach, I have a hard time with it. Crow

I've been interested in both the Diana Octoberfest and the HW57. They both seem like interesting designs. I like the bolt action mechanism on the diana. On the HW57 I know folks have criticised the pop up breech but it looks easier to load than a conventional underlever. It's basically an under lever version of an HW50.

Four of a kind today , two R9’s .177 and .22 and two HW 95’s same cals.
E0BBC25C-DFC2-4BC1-9977-F170838E968A.jpeg
Easily one of the best hunting guns. Before I went on the range I smoked two black Rocky’s with the R9 .22, first for this year. I used to do head shots, went for heart and lungs, one shot. I got invaded, 3 got away, no shot, they will be back.
Later in the afternoon I again brought the HW80 .25 out. It destroyed the cans and my shoulder.
I’ve blown a lot of lead in the last 4 days for 4 hours each day. Tomorrow I’m going up to my buddies range only because of this mild spell. Should be a blast. Crow

Spent all morning with my MM tuned XS28 in .22 caliber. I've had it a couple of years but pulled it out of the safe yesterday and cleaned the hell out of the barrel. Just for fun shot open sights at 22yds. Even my old eyes was putting them in the bull with H&N FTT 14.66gr. Chronyed it just to see where it was at and its going 870fps for a 24.6 fpe out of a break barrel.

Cant ask for more.

View attachment 319259

View attachment 319260

View attachment 319261

View attachment 319262

View attachment 319263
Is that the spiderco paramilitary 2?

Pulled out the HW95 wearing the R9 suit. Tossed out some 8.4 and 10.3 at dots on cardboard around 30 yards out. 5/5 shot groups. Nothing to boast about but consistent from the very first to the very last shot. I haven't shot this particular rifle in I don't know how long. Who says a springer can't be reliable for that first shot?

9FEA6203-8A06-4483-AC71-CA197889315F.jpeg
459BF7E7-D72C-4D5A-B9E5-867115F04A3E.jpeg
45483A54-F41C-4221-8FA9-F378FC8757D1.jpeg
B09AF2BC-5BDA-4EDE-9FB5-67CED00FAAE3.jpeg

I've been interested in both the Diana Octoberfest and the HW57. They both seem like interesting designs. I like the bolt action mechanism on the diana. On the HW57 I know folks have criticised the pop up breech but it looks easier to load than a conventional underlever. It's basically an under lever version of an HW50.
The Octoberfest is a hoot to shoot. SIghts could be better and it is definetly no target rifle, but a BB Plinker. The HW 57 is for me a little tricky to load, somewhere between a break barrel and a under/side lever in ease of accessability, more on the side of the break barrel. It would in my opinion be easier if the breech popped up just a little more, I have never handled a HW50 so cannot comment there, but it seems a little lighter than my HW35e, and is nowhere in the weight class of a 77 or 97, much easier to stand up and shoot sporter style. I have gotten to the point where at my age, 77, I shoot either offhand or off a bench, sitting, prone, and kneeling are a bit difficult to get into and out of.

I have a HW57 and have a love / hate relationship with it. The rifle looks great and handles like a dream. The accuracy is not up to Weihrauch specifications with a lot of fliers causing shotgun patterns.

I am going to take it to The Wizard and see if he can make it shoot. We shall see what he can do with this pig's ear.

Reactions: crowski and Moog
Got back from an awesome day of shooting up north. Took advantage of the mild weather.
355FB5AE-53F6-48F9-8DD8-458F18C3BBB4.jpeg
Woodstove chugging away.
3D233575-A09C-4346-8718-C3606A2DFBB0.jpeg
It doesn’t get much better. Well it does, within 15 minutes of getting there he made this lanyard for me.
121F6D28-78B4-48A4-916A-0FEEB7052BDC.jpeg
The 45 club. Made my day.
The weather was supposed to rain but we never got a drop. I really enjoy shooting at this range. Another 4 hour day of shooting. These are the 5 rifles I was asked to bring.
C18E31BE-16B4-45BA-969D-CE58E651FAF9.jpeg
HW80 .25, HW77 .22, R9 .20, Pro Sport .22 and 54 Pro .22. The 80 and the 54 shot 40 rounds each to save the shoulder. The other 3 guns easily absorbed the remainder of time. My Pro Sport is dream to shoot and IMO the cleanest Air Rifle of all time, wish they had more cal. available.
Destroyed some whipped cream cans and I brought 40 spinners that hook on the branches. Til next time. Crow