What pistol did you shoot today

A proper outing to the range for this VERY Noisy Cricket.

20240421_095225.jpg

Not sure if the accuracy at 10m is down to the old pellets, the skinny front sight, or the lump of meat on the grip, but it has put a big grin on my face this morning. 😁

This is for all you repli-gun folks.
The Barra Schofield comes standard as a .177 BB gun, but there's a rifled barrel upgrade for pellets.
This one arrived yesterday and I immediately swapped the smooth bore for the rifled barrel.
It's no match gun, but the accuracy is still very good (pellets, that is. The BB accuracy was terrible as expected).
Got my best groups with 7.9gr hollow points, and about 60 good shots per cylinder.

The shells are different for the pellet conversion.
BB shells have a plastic nose for loading BBs in the front, pellet shells have a plastic insert in back for loading pellets in back.

For those who also own the Umarex Colt SAA, the shells are not cross-compatible. Although at first glance they look almost identical.
The Colt shells are slightly larger in diameter and will not go into the Schofield.
And the Schofield shells are not only too small in diameter to properly fit the Colts' cylinder, they're also slightly shorter. So even if someone did stuff one into a Colt it probably would leak like a seive at the barrel interface.

View attachment 455286
Ran a few different types of ammo through this again today. Crosman 7.9gr hollow points, flat nose, round nose, lead BBs, copper coated lead BBs, and plastic Blaster BBs.
Barrel is rifled (I did the barrel swap).
While pellets are still typically much more accurate than BBs, the Blaster plastic BBs were almost as good (10 meter target). That was quite a surprise. And even better … those plastic BBs cost almost nothing.
Note that the BBs and pellets require different shells

Got to shoot the top right build. Last of the builds for each family member. They all have brass valves, solid pistons, 14 inch barrel cut and crowned to 12 inches, metal barrel bands, less than 2lb trigger pulls. I will be going in and pining the other 2 guns and they will all get threaded muzzle breaks. I have only shot them randomly and all stack chph at 5 yards.
1000003188.jpg