• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Well my friend didn't like the AOA treated him today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Truth is the resale value on the Apha and Delta Wolf is terrible. Even here in the classifieds people are having trouble selling them. While the AoA offer seems low it’s no different than I’d you brought a used car into a dealer for a trade in versus making a private sale. You trade sale value for convenience.

As others mention, the warranty is there for issues. Waiting 3 months when knowing there are issues is just stupid - sorry but calling like it is.

I see no valid reason for the complaint. I’ve had nothing but positive experiences with AoA. I think Darren and the team do an amazing job.

Why is that? they are excellent air guns.

I get it it's business now but back in the day company's helped the consumer not any more
So your friend bought a rifle from AOA. It had issues. He kept it past the return date, asked for full value after putting 1000 pellets through it and is upset over trade in value. Have your friend go buy a car, drive it for two months, put 1000 miles on it and see what kind of trade in value you get. Did ever occur to your friend that AOA was trying to steer him in the direction of warranty repair by giving him a lowball quote? He can get it repaired and sell it if he wants another rifle. Take a look in classifieds and see what a used Delta Wolf is going for.

$1,500 TO YOUR DOOR, wow AOA offered him $100 more than fair market value.

^ That. What AlanMcd said.

If a someone consistently has "bad experiences" with businesses, they need to examine the single common factor to all of it. Themselves.

Some people have the need to attack those around them. The hard part is waiting until they identify themselves. Once that's occurred they can be isolated.

I'll add that posting this kind of thing to the internet is simply a new form of economic blackmail (in the form of character assassination). Unethical at its best. As Elon Musk said to Disney...

Cheers,

J~

Last edited:
The depreciation on some things, and in other cases the opposite when people have slapped on a few hop ups is insane.
In the scale truck RC hobby some extra parts are made in brass, and i swear some are thinking its solid gold by the price they ask for their old truck.

This fact is also the reason why i do not sell any of my stuff, i give it away or i throw it away after having horded it for a while.
Also the reason i stopped buying 2 hand cars, CUZ i know what the dealer paid for it, and then seeing what he ask now infuriate me, So better to take that level of anger with the price of a new car to where i can direct my full anger towards a certain small group.

I would never be too busy to deal with a several 1000 dollars problem.

I understand that they need to make money and it's going to warranty it got like 300 pellets threw it and it been in the he case the majority of the time it was almost 4000.00 and then didn't even offer half and he would of been a return customer he isn't afraid to spend money on something he wants he just waited to long and I was afraid of that

I understand that they need to make money and it's going to warranty it got like 300 pellets threw it and it been in the he case the majority of the time it was almost 4000.00 and then didn't even offer half and he would of been a return customer he isn't afraid to spend money on something he wants he just waited to long and I was afraid of that
Would your friend have felt better if they simply said "no" and that there was nothing they could do this far out from the exchange date? They offered him a price for a trade, and if he does not like it he does not have to take it . . .

Sorry, but this is all on him - if you don't have the willingness to make sure a $4K purchase is all good within the defined window, then it is on you, not the retailer.

The only one in this that I think has a "legitimate beef" is AoA for having this kind of petty stuff openly complained about, so I'm openly saying the opposite here: It is not AoA's problem, it is your friends problem (and at this point by extension, yours). Further, this is NOT a case of "gone are the days where companies try to keep customers." I've never made a major purchase through AoA, but would have no problem doing so . . .

So your friend bought a rifle from AOA. It had issues. He kept it past the return date, asked for full value after putting 1000 pellets through it and is upset over trade in value. Have your friend go buy a car, drive it for two months, put 1000 miles on it and see what kind of trade in value you get. Did ever occur to your friend that AOA was trying to steer him in the direction of warranty repair by giving him a lowball quote? He can get it repaired and sell it if he wants another rifle. Take a look in classifieds and see what a used Delta Wolf is going for.

$1,500 TO YOUR DOOR, wow AOA offered him $100 more than fair market value.

No need to be harsh, its the internet.

Yes trading anything in is usually a bad deal he will get over it just rubbed him the wrong way seems like nobody really gives a crap until it happens to them just a heads up don't wait to long to take care of something that's wrong that's the lesson learned I'm sure it will be a fine gun after it comes back from warranty it's pretty cool the way the electronics with the chrono can adjust pretty close to the speed you want

Status
Not open for further replies.