N/A want a dedicated slug gun,would love some suggestions.

Derrick tuned my V3 which I'm very happy with. Currently my favorite slug is Altaros Queen 60gr at 862 fps/99 fpe. Been impressed with it from the start and a while back got a 12 shot group a little over a foot in size on steel at 421Y and it was far from calm out because I was holding off 3 mils.
Seems to shoot a hair over an inch at 100Y but honestly I haven't even given it a serious test yet.
On a 250Y fox sized steel its - ding, ding, ding, ding, and almost boringly so and that's in the wind too.

At this power level, plus the LOP being about 3/4" too long for me, its not an easy gun for me to shoot precisely. Shooting from bucket and sticks I have to have a near perfect NPO and follow through, OR ELSE! Pisses me off but that's not the guns fault.

It's been keeping a pretty consistent zero as well which means a LOT to me. BTW POI shifts are my #1 enemy when it comes to airguns which makes me like the V3 all the more.

This was off bucket and sticks last week and in 3-7 mph full value winds at 100Y. Keep in mind I'm a wobbly old guy. That hole is more or less .9" but the vertical is good and averaging well less than an inch.

20231004_124817.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: JungleShooter
Out of curiosity how is this working out for you?

quite smashingly :cool:

right now im running the 26gn fx hybrids around 965-970,
and its just brutal on pigeons hosps and starlings,
im currently putting together a new scopecam video from the last 5 or 6 outings with the uragan to the farm,
been cold and windy but still had very few misses,
and if i missed it was usually my fault reading the 10-25mph winds hahaha

Reactions: IndyDurtdigger
quite smashingly :cool:

right now im running the 26gn fx hybrids around 965-970,
and its just brutal on pigeons hosps and starlings,
im currently putting together a new scopecam video from the last 5 or 6 outings with the uragan to the farm,
been cold and windy but still had very few misses,
and if i missed it was usually my fault reading the 10-25mph winds hahaha
Would be interested in that vid. One of these or the Vulcan 3 may just be what I've been looking for. A dedicated slug rifle, less things to tinker with to get performance out of, and best of all a tad more budget friendly than what I was considering.

Would be interested in that vid. One of these or the Vulcan 3 may just be what I've been looking for. A dedicated slug rifle, less things to tinker with to get performance out of, and best of all a tad more budget friendly than what I was considering.

im more than likely going to pick up a vulcan 3 in the future also,
I'm really enjoying the quality of the agt guns.

I looked into:

BRK Ghost
Taipan Veteran 2
Uragan 2
Vulcan 3
RTI P-3
Cricket
Panthera

For various reasons, I would not purchase any of them as a dedicated slug gun at this time. No electronic guns for me. The gen 1 Delta Wolf killed that pipe dream.
What are your reasons for ruling any of these out? The Panthera I get. I have no complaints with the FX I own but this time I want something that's just simple and effective.

BRK Ghost-no slug barrel available that I am aware of, caliber changes pricey and accessory availability is limited and pricey.

Taipan Veteran2-reg is not externally adjustable, lost the anti double feed feature, current chassis has limitations.

Uragan 2 and Vulcan 3-reg and or hammer spring is not externally adjustable, need for a de-pinger, barrels are oversize on the ID limiting slugs that can be used, limited accessories availability caliber changes limited due to policy on barrels

RTI P-3 Big heavy, possible mag issues, loud as a firearm, may be difficult to get quiet enough

Cricket-Not externally adjustable, funky magazine loading.

Panthera-Too long, Limited shot count without adding bottles, a one trick pony. Provides little over a slug tuned M3

The best 2 of the above TO ME: The RTI which is very adjustable, although I'll wait to see what the Mora brings, and the Ghost, with it's limited but external adjustments, but without a slug barrel, what's the point? I see nothing better than a well tuned M3 with the appropriate liner and carbon tube, which are cheap.

Last edited:
BRK Ghost-no slug barrel available that I am aware of, caliber changes pricey and accessory availability is limited and pricey.

Taipan Veteran-reg is not externally adjustable, lost the anti double feed feature, current chassis has limitations.

Uragan 2 and Vulcan 2-reg and or hammer spring is not externally adjustable, need for a de-pinger, barrels are oversize on the ID limiting slugs that can be used, limited accessories availability caliber changes limited due to policy on barrels

RTI P-3 Big heavy, possible mag issues, loud as a firearm, may be difficult to get quiet enough

Panthera-Too long, Limited shot count without adding bottles, a one trick pony. Provides little over a slug tuned M3

uragan 2 hammer spring is what i myself would call externally adjustable,
only requires pulling the stock off,no biggie.

reg adjustments require a degas and teardown,
little bit of a pain but i can live with it.

but once set theres also no wheels or knobs that can get accidentally bumped/turned/moved to throw off your tune.

but the uragan 2's balanced valve makes the hammer spring not work in the traditional way,
(does not make velocity climb much if any from full out to many turns in,
its used more to flatten the shot string)

Taipan Veteran-reg is not externally adjustable, lost the anti double feed feature, current chassis has limitations.

Uragan 2 and Vulcan 2-reg and or hammer spring is not externally adjustable, need for a de-pinger, barrels are oversize on the ID limiting slugs that can be used, limited accessories availability caliber changes limited due to policy on barrels

The best 2 of the above TO ME: The RTI which is very adjustable, although I'll wait to see what the Mora brings, and the Ghost, with it's limited but external adjustments, but without a slug barrel, what's the point? I see nothing better than a well tuned M3 with the appropriate liner and carbon tube, which are cheap.
I'm glad I asked your reasons. Looks like the Uragan and Vulcan need to be fed .254 slugs. My swage dies are .249 and .250. That would be problematic for me. The Prophet is still in the mix though. Looks like the mag issues were with stuff I don't use and there are cheap aftermarket ones that remedy it should there be an issue. Noise level isn't an issue in the country side.

I'm glad I asked your reasons. Looks like the Uragan and Vulcan need to be fed .254 slugs. My swage dies are .249 and .250. That would be problematic for me. The Prophet is still in the mix though. Looks like the mag issues were with stuff I don't use and there are cheap aftermarket ones that remedy it should there be an issue. Noise level isn't an issue in the country side.
I'm pretty sure with a good moderator or custom shroud, and aftermarket mags it would be a good choice. It is, very externally adjustable: the regulator, hammer spring, even the trigger. Since all adjustments are made with a hex key, there are no knobs or dials to get knocked out of whack.