• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Utah Airguns Never again

I feel bad that their policy upset you, definitely not the people who work there or their products but just a written piece of paper which covers their butts.
Few, I'm glad it wasn't anything too serious, I think their great there. Give them a call and order something and explain to them what happened and they'll make u happy, maybe a free tin of nice pellets. 😁

I’ve spent multiple thousand$ with UA in the past 12 months. Absolutely no problems. One order from UA got mixed up when shipping labels were put on the boxes. I called UA. They apologized profusely. Fortunately everything in the order was pellets and an FX magazine I could use so I told them to just bill me. They knocked off the shipping charge and offered a generous percentage off of the products. I said that wasn’t necessary but they insisted. Then, they second day aired my original order at no up charge. They bent over backwards unnecessarily to make things right. UA is my first stop when I’m in the market for anything airgun.

Here's the problem that has created restocking fees in the US - just so you understand the background. People are frivolous and will by more than they need and then return what they don't want. Or they will buy 3 of something and keep he best on and return the other two. All of this costs the dealer money because, depending on the item and condition, it cannot be resold for new again. It will have to be sold as an open box item. This will cost the dealers money each time and when it becomes the defacto standard it really hurts the dealer. So they make up for it with a restocking fee to cover their loses.

It's not bad business, it's a policy to prevent those who take advantage of returns. Remember - it only takes a few to ruin it for all of us. IMO mostly selfish people who caused it to happen.

Just ad edit to note - Think about how you would feel if you bought a brand new gun and received to find it had been shot and returned. I'd be pretty angry because at that point I bought a used gun for new prices.

It is a shame that there are not more airgun stores around the US as buying sight unseen for a $2K item is tough.
Ive never bought something knowing I was going to return it. But I have been thinking that is what Ill have to do because I cant find a dealer that has guns in shop to hold and shoulder. I once bought a new Browning x bolt without physically seeing it, when the x bolt first came out. It didn't fit me, I sold it as used with less than a box of shells shot. I dont want to do that again. The only way I can shoulder a gun is to order it and see. I'm thinking the Fx dreamtact, maverick and wildcat3. Two will go back. I wish there was a store to look at them within 100 miles of me, but I don't think there is one anywhere. Someone on this sight said they live 20min from pyramid air and they don't keep guns to look at and hold. But are just a internet ordering place.

Reactions: darylm
The reality is many people don’t live within a distance to physically see the product. When we are expected to pay 2-3000 dollars for a product sight unseen is one thing, then the dealer shouldn’t be surprised when the buyer isn’t happy with an advertisement vs reality. We as the purchaser should have the right to return a product if seen unfit to our standards. And that’s it, if it wasn’t for us buying the stuff then the distributor wouldn’t have a job. You ever have to spend money returning something to Walmart??? Or Home Depot??? Then why should a different store be any different. It doesn’t matter the product, I for one know that if I purchase something and it’s not up to expectations I want my money back. I don’t care who owns the store or what the product is. How about a realistic representation of the product, and realistic feedback of what the product is. That’s what we as buyers deserve and should demand. And if a product isn’t needed Otis below standard of the purchaser it should be accepted as a return.

"Also all the post that don't agree with me have either no posts or there employees ." "I won't take any more of your time my last post on this topic" (both February 9, 2022)

It's common among those arguing less-than-truth(s) to resort to less-than-truths in their arguments, accuse opponents of personal attacks, retreat to the 'victim' safe-place, and take their ball and go home when they realize they're losing the argument by a landslide. Folks arguing with truth, logic, and reason recognize such tactics for what they are.

I see most of you don't see my point. I think I supported them with local airgun guys ect. I supported them with my money also , But never has Utah supported me the customer, sorry. So you come to my store hypotheticly. you spend a lot of money with me then you want to return a 100 dollar item and I say to you ok but you have to pay a 15$ handling charge. Why not make it a $1 charge to piss me off more.
I understand they have a return policy and the right to charge you 15%. I also think someone that has purchased $8-9K from them in a year has to be thought of as a good customer. If i own a business I’m not going to let 15 bucks cost me a good customer. I expect the mark up on the items you purchased (8-9k)provides them a good profit margin.

Yes they have the right to charge you, I’m sure there are other businesses that sell the same items and might even be grateful to have your business. Pay them their 15% and move on, both parties will be happy.

Last edited:
First let me point out that all the sales people were extremely helpful and curtios. My name Is William Squillace. Ive spent between 8,000 and 9,000 this year alone. My complaint. Bought a 22 liner from them with no etching ,no big deal but I didn't need this barrel anymore found some barrels in stock etched the new ones. Iforgot to cancel order, my bad. Now they have to charge me a 15% restocking charge. To Petty. Will not order from them till store policy changes.
Policy is policy make sure you want and need before ordering - they always treat me fair

Reactions: rcs9250