Tuning Umarex Notos has arrived.

Appreciate those detailed instructions. The plan is to use the PP750 Gauge Block with Picatinny Rail from airgunarcheryfun. I'll need to allot more for this replacement as it seems more involved than first thought.
It just sound complicated, but it's actually pretty straight forward. Take some photos as you disassemble it. If using the block from Wess, you will have to file the bottom of the moderator for clearance so barrel is not push upwards by the tank.

Reactions: jemkewl
It just sound complicated, but it's actually pretty straight forward. Take some photos as you disassemble it. If using the block from Wess, you will have to file the bottom of the moderator for clearance so barrel is not push upwards by the tank.
As one of the old guys at work used to say..

"It's just nuts and bolts!" 😁

Allen

• Haha
Reactions: Genob
Looks high but I luv it! Vector Optics Paragon 4x24 micro Prism.

20230613_135051.jpg

Reactions: qball
I have been thinking of purchasing a NOTOS but have been working on my PP750. I just added the buttstock adapter and waiting for the gage block for the reg pressure. Then I will do some tinkering and see what I can get out of this fully dressed 4.5 lb. mini carbine. Anyone know where to get black pistol grips for this?

View attachment 364629

View attachment 364630

View attachment 364631
Nice, I got mine from umarex. It's same price as the independents. Where did you get your buttstock adapter? Unless you got a longer barrel the speed you get will be limited as there will be a lot of wasted air. The umarex's barrel is very long and what gives the notos its speed.

Allen

I bought the adapter on EBAY. I think $28.00 plus shipping. Does not come with tube or butt stock but I had 1 laying around. I want to buy the longer barrel and shroud from CANADA but he is out of stock. That is where I ordered the gauge block from. Do you have a NOTOS and can you measure the air tube. The PP750 tube is only 7 1/4 long. If it is longer I may see if one of the guys that converted to bottle wants to sell theirs. My PP750 only weighs 4.5 lbs with scope.

I bought the adapter on EBAY. I think $28.00 plus shipping. Does not come with tube or butt stock but I had 1 laying around. I want to buy the longer barrel and shroud from CANADA but he is out of stock. That is where I ordered the gauge block from. Do you have a NOTOS and can you measure the air tube. The PP750 tube is only 7 1/4 long. If it is longer I may see if one of the guys that converted to bottle wants to sell theirs. My PP750 only weighs 4.5 lbs with scope.
I dunno where Wes was sourcing the barrels from. The notos barrel extends beyond the shroud (so notos shroud does no sound suppressing) and well into the moderator.

20230614_181848.jpg

Top barrel is the pp750, then 2 aftermarket .177 barrels and then on the bottom is the notos .22 barrel.

Oh sorry the shroud length is the same on the notos as the pp750. But the pp750 has a threaded barrel unlike the notos. The shroud on the notos is actually threaded but serves the notos no purpose.

Allen

Last edited:
As mentioned before they are the same gun with some small changes. The main block is machined slightly different. The barrel slides in vs threaded. So basically those items will not interchange. Some can be modified to fit.

View attachment 364669

Allen

From looking at it I figured they were the same, not sure why the NOTO got so popular when PP750 didn’t get the same buzz. The big turn off for me for the Noto is the moderator not being removable. I don’t know, maybe I’ll get a 750 again to play around but it was just ok when I tried one 2 years ago. Maybe they have major improvements now?

From looking at it I figured they were the same, not sure why the NOTO got so popular when PP750 didn’t get the same buzz. The big turn off for me for the Noto is the moderator not being removable. I don’t know, maybe I’ll get a 750 again to play around but it was just ok when I tried one 2 years ago. Maybe they have major improvements now?
For me the stock was a big difference and I'm good without having to buy another LDC. We all got our different reasoning. Plus having a US company like Umarex to back them for parts or warranty is a plus to me. You've got quite a few nice compact guns I'm not sure if it will fill a hole you have? I just had my Evol Mini and a HW30S .177. Needed something in the middle but didn't want to spend much money. This fit the bill for a 30yd and in gun.

Any shaving or modifications needed to fit the gauge block on the Notos?
Any adjustments needed on reg or hammer due to the increased air volume?

I have a gauge block that I hope to get attached.
It's a bolt-on but you may need to notch the bottom of moderator to prevent it hitting it. Note you will have to pull the barrel.

Allen

The big difference that makes the NOTOs stand out? First reason availability in USA. 2nd reason performance. It shoots straight and it has the power that the pp750 did not have. Why is that? length of the barrel that actually performs. As mentioned the barrel is actually longer than the shroud going well into moderator.

Oh I forgot that extendable stock that the pp750 has, while neat, flexs a lot, the notos does not do that.

Allen

Last edited:
Reactions: qball