Tuning Umarex M1A1 Thompson Repair

Borne2fly:
Look at" King Arms". They are the ones that offer a wood stock and the Cybergun Airsoft M1A1 with the drum magazine if you buy make sure to use the battery and NOT the Green gas option. They are the ones that I bought the wood furniture from. I looked at it today $170 dollars for the Cybergun gun and another $110.00 for the woodstock furniture. The drum is an additional $50.00 but it holds about 1000 6mm BBs. So go check out King Arms website before you make a decision.
Thanks! I’ll definitely check that out

Now comes the the fitting for Stock.

I think I missed posting the M1A1 Stock from Kung Arms, what can I say it's Tax time.

Anyway this was the most fun I had on the project of fitting the wood Kung Arms stock to the Umarex gun. I had to cut a channel down into the head of the (the part that is closest to the gun) stock so that the Umarex extended lateral bolt hole would accommodate the Umarex gun. Along with a center point that the trunnion bolt would be centered and fit. I also had to enlarge the round trunnion bolt ends as apparently the AirSoft ones are a bit smaller.
Little did i know at that time that I would not use the trunnion bolt at all. Why: because I did nit need it, That two long metric machine bolts would hold the stock with more that enough strength. So after I made a new trunnion bolt along with the two new side pieces I decide NOT to use it. I had made two silicone rubber molds and since I had cast more that two sets I just used the two side disks and glued them in the holes provided. You cannot tell the difference between the poly plastic pieces from the metal ones.

I used a very small saw (Japanese actually), then with a 1/4 inch chisel cut the excess out of the channel i needed. The markings are the channels with a centerline where the trunnion bolt goes. Then I needed to plug the old holes where the King Arms bolts would have gone and drill new holes for the M6-1.0x40 and X 60 go for the Umarex gun.

I also needed (well I did not have to) fill the hole running down the center of the stock with a 1 3/4 inch long round wood peg where the battery wires would go thru the stock to connect to the Airsoft gun. I also filled the rather large oblong hole towards the front of the gun. I did this so the wood was solid where the bolts would go thru the stock and not have any air space the could cause a weak space in the stock.
Then all I had to do was to drill new bolt holes that aligned with the Umarex gun. That's it and done, except for the striping, staining and polyurethane coating.
Man, three (3) coats of Dark Walnut stain, 24 hours for each coat to dry, then two coats of poly, again 24 hours the thoughrilly harden. All of this too only about 15-20 minutes, the rest was doing other things.

0306241419.jpg

0306241418.jpg

0229241032.jpg

0307241644.jpg

Stock slide 5.jpg

0308241747.jpg

0314241207a.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: borne2fly