Umarex Gauntlet: Teardown and Tweak Video

"spysir" IF I read the chrony charts correctly ( #11 was before tune and #1 is after ? ) there must be something going on with that rig.
An ES of 47 with a regulator is awful. Graph #11 with a 27fps ES wouldnt not be a good spread for a regulated rifle either.
Over sprung and dumping all available air then bouncing?
Way to much lube inside the reg would seem a good guess to me also.

This one may be slightly different but all the Ninja HPA rigs I've worked on ( that were working correctly) held a 10fps ES and that is what I will be expecting from mine in bith .177 & .22.

John

Youa re correct on the read of the shot cards. Well I may degas the bottle and open the reg to be sure its not jacked up.
I hope yours arrives working proper John :)

Haji, 

Very thorough video and tear down. There has been so much hype about this rifle, and it seems that most of the reviews coming out now by actual owners (not reviewers), are so-so. Issues with how the tank is seating into the valve that have to do with that poorly designed cover of the tank that is pushing your shroud and barrel causing those accuracy issues. 

Why did they even bother with that cover? Everyone knows there is a paintball tank underneath. Why not do what the other bottle gun manufacturers do and just make a bottom ridge for your hand placement. Seems so simple and would alleviate so many of the small problems folks are having. 

After getting through those issues, it appears that most of the barrels on the Gauntlet are accurate? Who makes the barrels? 

ATB, 
Michael 

"BeachGunner"Haji, 

Very thorough video and tear down. There has been so much hype about this rifle, and it seems that most of the reviews coming out now by actual owners (not reviewers), are so-so. Issues with how the tank is seating into the valve that have to do with that poorly designed cover of the tank that is pushing your shroud and barrel causing those accuracy issues. 

Why did they even bother with that cover? Everyone knows there is a paintball tank underneath. Why not do what the other bottle gun manufacturers do and just make a bottom ridge for your hand placement. Seems so simple and would alleviate so many of the small problems folks are having. 

After getting through those issues, it appears that most of the barrels on the Gauntlet are accurate? Who makes the barrels? 

ATB, 
Michael
Hey Michael - I left the tank shroud because I honestly like the look. The tank cover on my Gauntlet is not fitting well but others are not having any issues. I will adjust the tabs and make it fit properly. The barrel is very close in size see below, but the shrouds aren't. I am not sure who makes these barrels I need to find out though.
9b3da2bf79a03871e7eb6d8d6d46e71d.jpg
340c643ac94f47bed7eb703cc3d238f8.jpg

GAUNTLET BARREL O.D 11.36 ----- MROD BARREL O.D. 11.32

e9118983cdf601641296fd2addb1069f.jpg
3c1079b86ddca47fdc95925d142b28e3.jpg

GAUNTLET SHROUD END CAP 19.83. -- MROD SHROUD END CAP 20.54

I have mine, traded used and do like it. I've had a QB78 HPA for seven years ( thanks to a friend), excelent FT rig.
45ce17694a7e9926d5a7c5a16841dbcb.jpg

And even though it was custom built to the highest standards I naturally could'nt help peeking & tinkering with regs & such. 850spi, 1,150, TP, hammer weight, sprung weights & such

The Gauntlet is a screaming value that really needs little more than a trigger adjustment for most but has design improvments over a QB that will allow all types of modding. I am just waiting for a chrony ( and fitting a QB barrel which may be some effort but I already have it) then I'll have all sorts of fun seeing what both cal. can do.
I have some more Guantlet pictures here:
http://www.airgunnation.com/topic/received-my-used-guantlet-today/
edit: and I'll keep adding pictures & numbers & such down the road.
Our Gauntlet ( which looks like all the rst eh?)
c1d868a41969878d7956a85665af716c.jpg

What is/will be the situation on parts??????

TIA

John

"bigben11"I have a .38 liter bottle and waiting on a higher output regulator and see what that does for ft/sec.
Please be careful as the air block screws are puny and while they may be ok, you might want to swap them out for some higher tensile strength ones if you are are going to increase the pressure in the tube a lot.

"spysir"
What is/will be the situation on parts??????

TIA

John

Very nice rifle you have there and all of us (myself included) respect that we would not be here without what was done there. Congrats on a really cool shooter.
As for parts, i can't even find a part list or exploded parts list view on the Umarex site. Typically I download and print that out before disassembly so I know if there is some missing from the original assembly. I am sure they will have parts available if a person calls them but for now.....NADDA

"GLPalinkas"Great Video Haj. Very professional. Can't wait for more in your efforts to modify the Gauntlet. I subscribed to your channel on Youtube. Waiting patiently for mine to arrive.
Best, Gary
Thanks Gary! If you are on FaceBook be sure to visit Hajimoto Production for the latest day to day updates and revisions to any of my on going projects.

"12 social media sites and 4 major forum groups"
Well darn Son, when the heck do you get to shoot airguns? While I certainly appreciate help, please never add work for any ? I might have. And I like your video ( vid'sbeing new to me) but you need more hours in a day I think.
I was thinking " 11mm" barrel ( gosh close but???) so an 11mm LW would be an easy fit ?
Havent pulled my barrel yet, it has no cut " steps" like a QB?
QB barrel machininbg
f54f536d8b21115fb7f3997e24a1065b.jpg

Neighbor got one yesterday ( I'll buy one of those when I can get all that = $2,000 airgun #'s - for a few hundred ) and for some reason................................................................... wanted to see the darn biottle w/out cover, seems universal.
His also, as long as the 2 forearm screws are lossened the cover slides on/odd with perfect ( as two parts plastic can be) fit. That sling stud lines up perfectly after those tabs are hooked and if you try the metal tab 1st, NO way will the tabs line up later. And, he loves his low dollar regulated rig, hopefully that lasts, hard converting BP folks here.

Strictly guessing here but I still am thinking it may get the same fps with a lighter hammer spring, maybe covering part of the valve stem like a QB. BUT they are different and I haven't pulled the valve. I will see if a hot QB valve fits.
One of the sponsoring dealers here has a video of the .25 Gauntlet - THAT should sell like gang busters! - and I believe he stated 1,950psi ! see NO way to do this with this bottle as a 3,000psi burst disc would be needed one the LOW side which would put a scary amount - as far as I know- of psi in the air tube if the reg failed. But you never know the design changes so...... .

I have NEVER seen any umarex part. I did glance at thjier web site and EVERY part they list would fit on a match book. As far as I know this has always been their practice. Wonder if being into pre-charged will change this, or, there is a now huge market for parts for these.

Thanks for the maraduer comparison pictures! I didnt realize they were that close. 

Thank you,
John

edti:
the front barrel screw on both these rifles was loose

I always seem to scramble up my posts, pardon please.