Trying to Decide which .177

wyshadow,
"
I've been thinking of several options I could do.
Option 1:
- I was thinking of purchasing a 500mm Maverick .177 barrel kit from Utah but I've read mix reviews on FX's .177 barrels. Not sure if I want to take a gamble. Another concern is I'm not sure if the Maverick will like the .177 barrel.

Option 2:
- The FX .177 Dream Tact Compact w/ bottle might be the perfect choice. I just need to know if the Dream Tact will give me 18-20 ft-lbs. I believe it should. Again I noticed most people aren't raving about the .177 barrel."

I presently own and shoot both of these very built /shooting pcps and I must say that both of them are up for the task if needed. Having an extra magazine isn't a bad idea because you're going to have more shots at the end of your shoot plus air to boot! 22 shots isn't bad per magazine shooting 13.43 JSB Exacts with countless shots!

JMHBHO

I love low and mid power .177, but if you're a fan of the caliber, you really should own at least one that's 20+ fpe. It'll put a grin on your face every time you shoot it.

I just depowered my Revere yesterday to 15 ft/ibs. Now its a real peach for backyard or gardenshooting. I get some 110 shots per fill. My prefered pellets is now the JSB 8,44grains and H&N Hornets. But you are right. One need a more powerful .177cal as 2nd when fan of this caliber. BTW..its very hard to look for a second gun if one once had a Revere.

Reactions: orangeokie
I've been thinking of several options I could do.
Option 1:
- I was thinking of purchasing a 500mm Maverick .177 barrel kit from Utah but I've read mix reviews on FX's .177 barrels. Not sure if I want to take a gamble. Another concern is I'm not sure if the Maverick will like the .177 barrel.

Option 2:
- The FX .177 Dream Tact Compact w/ bottle might be the perfect choice. I just need to know if the Dream Tact will give me 18-20 ft-lbs. I believe it should. Again I noticed most people aren't raving about the .177 barrel.

FX Airguns Maverick Compact Specs​

Max Velocity980 fps
Overall Length27.5"
ButtplateRubber
FunctionRepeater
Weight6.35 lbs
ScopeableWeaver/Picatinny
SafetyManual
Suggested forSmall game hunting/target practice
Caliber.177 (4.5mm)
Muzzle Energy20 ft/lbs
Loudness3-Medium