Tresspassing and trespasser private property advise

The trespassers uses many cell cams and monitors one way road ...they know when I'm on my way to property.....

Are the cameras on your property or someone else’s? Is there another way to access your property? If they’re trespassing on your property they will probably be trespassing on other folks property as well. Join forces with the other victims and pool your resources. If you use the same vehicle to visit the property, change things up. Rent a different car or borrow a friend’s to drive in.

If the cameras are on your property just take a picture with the location services on..the pic will then have the exact lat/long data embedded in it.then take them down and take them to the local police and file a trespassing complaint. If they’re locked to a tree, invest in a good bolt cutter. If they’re cell cameras, they will have a unique ID (SIM card) and they would likely need a subscription to provide their service. You could call the camera manufacturer with the SIM card data and request they provide the owner information. Take that to the police.

Look into the various drones available. They have cameras, heads-up first person displays, and you could use them to patrol your property..and take pictures of the trespassers. Don’t worry about them being shot at by the trespassers..they’re considered “aircraft” and it’s a federal offense to do so..probably a felony. If they did shoot them, then the police would have to act.

If they have a favorite place on your property to hunt, pollute that area with coyote, mountain lion, or human scent. Coyote and Mountain Lion are both commercially available. Human..use your imagination..

If they set tree stands on your property, you could cut them down and take them to the police..or pour a quart of maple syrup on the seat of the stand. Ants love the syrup and to would make it impossible to use the stand..same treatmeant for ground blinds.

If they use 4 wheelers, take pictures or make plaster casts of the tire tracks. Set trail cameras on the trails they use to access your property..you’ll need to hide them really well or the trespassers will just steal them. A 2x4 with nails on their favorite trail on your property might deter the ATVers..tires aren’t cheap and it’s usually a long walk back to the truck.

I agree.... I agree about law enforcement.... I'm trying to figure out how to get concrete evidence for a conviction.. If I install a gate or physically barrier they will remove again for sure...The trespasser use many cell cams...Most likely mask when damaging barrier s...Its a tough one. I have to have video proof for conviction..I'd would think.... I want to be responsible and do this right... I know I can physically catch him trespassing.... But I don't want confrontation .. Too many health problems for that...

Reactions: cavedweller
Are the cameras on your property or someone else’s? Is there another way to access your property? If they’re trespassing on your property they will probably be trespassing on other folks property as well. Join forces with the other victims and pool your resources. If you use the same vehicle to visit the property, change things up. Rent a different car or borrow a friend’s to drive in.

If the cameras are on your property just take a picture with the location services on..the pic will then have the exact lat/long data embedded in it.then take them down and take them to the local police and file a trespassing complaint. If they’re locked to a tree, invest in a good bolt cutter. If they’re cell cameras, they will have a unique ID (SIM card) and they would likely need a subscription to provide their service. You could call the camera manufacturer with the SIM card data and request they provide the owner information. Take that to the police.

Look into the various drones available. They have cameras, heads-up first person displays, and you could use them to patrol your property..and take pictures of the trespassers. Don’t worry about them being shot at by the trespassers..they’re considered “aircraft” and it’s a federal offense to do so..probably a felony. If they did shoot them, then the police would have to act.

If they have a favorite place on your property to hunt, pollute that area with coyote, mountain lion, or human scent. Coyote and Mountain Lion are both commercially available. Human..use your imagination..

If they set tree stands on your property, you could cut them down and take them to the police..or pour a quart of maple syrup on the seat of the stand. Ants love the syrup and to would make it impossible to use the stand..same treatmeant for ground blinds.

If they use 4 wheelers, take pictures or make plaster casts of the tire tracks. Set trail cameras on the trails they use to access your property..you’ll need to hide them really well or the trespassers will just steal them. A 2x4 with nails on their favorite trail on your property might deter the ATVers..tires aren’t cheap and it’s usually a long walk back to the truck.
Up above he mentions to many health problems for a confrontation which is why I suggested letting the others ( The boys in Blue ) do it for him lol . It also thanks them for all they do for us . Win Win in my book .

Ibc Some good ideas you have put forth up above though . If I were a young buck I would try a few first as well just for giggles haha;)

Up above he mentions to many health problems for a confrontation which is why I suggested letting the others ( The boys in Blue ) do it for him lol . It also thanks them for all they do for us . Win Win in my book .

Ibc Some good ideas you have put forth up above though . If I were a young buck I would try a few first as well just for giggles haha;)
Bluecoats are the problem not the solution SMH. Inviting more of them onto property beyond reporting a crime, is only a recipe for disaster. People need to pay attention as more and more of the decent ones are being pushed out and yes men are backfilling the ranks. They are the ones violating the rights and serving their masters not the people. Sheriffs can be a bit better, but ive also seen many who were just as bad or on power trips. Nope the bluecoats stay away unless the last resort.

It has been suggested that you record these people when suggesting you talk to them Just be aware that PA is a two party consent state, Florida is also. That means they have to know clearly that you are recording them when having a conversation.

From your history with them, I wouldn’t suggest you talk to them. LE and lawyers is the way to go here. If they can’t respect their fellow man, let the professionals handle it.

Last edited:
Bluecoats are the problem not the solution SMH. Inviting more of them onto property beyond reporting a crime, is only a recipe for disaster. People need to pay attention as more and more of the decent ones are being pushed out and yes men are backfilling the ranks. They are the ones violating the rights and serving their masters not the people. Sheriffs can be a bit better, but ive also seen many who were just as bad or on power trips. Nope the bluecoats stay away unless the last resort.
I guess this is where we agree to disagree lol. I chose not to live in a lawless society so I am thankful for the good-ones haha. You have a nice evening Sir. ;):coffee:

Reactions: cavedweller
Leasing it for hunting is a good solution if that's palatable. Otherwise hide spike strips on your trails where they run their atvs.
IMO, not a good solution. You could find yourself on the wrong side of an ugly lawsuit. We had a similar situation in a residential subdivision still under development. The police sent put an officer on stakeout overnight, and he caught the folks early in the morning.

Not sure if this is the same problem my wife and I are having with our business property but we are dealing with the homeless people. The homeless leave trash, pee and poop, drug usage, leave needles, and have damage our property. All of this recorded on our cameras and the police have done nothing. All they could do is try to patrol the area as often as they can.
From my understanding, having video proof almost means nothing. That's the reason most cities don't have red light cameras anymore. Unless a cop witnesses the crime, nothing can be done. I worked for a restaurant as cook a couple of years ago and the owner told me a story. He recorded two guys break into his restaurant and steal money from his office. One of the persons was a prior employee. He took the video to the police station but they couldn't do anything. All they said they could do is patrol the area more often. The same sh!t they told us.
Since you said you are older and have health problems with no money, I would cut your losses and sell the place.

Last edited:
Contact a Real Estate lawyer and I recommend one from another town. The perps may have used local lawyers. The perps know the law. Let him recommend a procedure for you, he may have a connection in the sheriff's department. Your problem is civil and the Game Commission may not handle civil. Make sure you understand the law before you start anything.

Reactions: MLE
What type of problems?
I’ve been leasing a place for exactly 25 years now in one state. I’ve been leasing a place in my home state for about 5 years also. Locals generally don’t respect a lease and the lessors because they know you don’t own it. The exception is a lease that a bunch of law enforcement, some of them my friends got. It was infested with hunters and hunters doing illegal things. They knew it going in but these guys really wanted to secure that land as their new hunting grounds so they cleaned it up. Took a couple years but eventually the riff raff got tired of getting hammered. Leasing involves contracts, insurance and a bunch of other things if done right. What some people consider their lease is really just them paying a trespass fee. Guys get confused between the two. Leases are not exempt from illegal activity by the guy’s leasing it. I’ve known of plenty of outlaw leases over the years. That’s a whole different topic.

Reactions: Ezana4CE
Just spitballin' here so don't be to brutal in your replies.

We rolled into small towns in Iraq inside of pickup truck beds, covered with miscellaneous junk.

The driver was a local or close and made a normal stop. We exited and hid.

Once the truck was gone, the baddies came out, got comfortable and sentries started dozing.

You could do the same and depending on local prosecutors, place the vandals under citizens arrest, call the sheriff and have them arrested.

Just spitballin'

@Vetmx Makes sense. I’ve encountered issues with lessees on an adjacent property shooting across property lines. I know that there are folks that hunt without permission out in these parts as well. I have heard of a few issues about it like folks cutting fence wire or leaving evidence of a campsite. Leasing to law enforcement makes sense. I know I can call law enforcement on people hunting on land that I have an agreement with property owners, but in my experience it doesn’t seem to mean much to some officers.

@Firewalker The OP says he’s currently handicapped.