Thought on the fx. Panthera

Simply amazing. 40 shots from a 300cc bottle at 110 FPE. I forget to order the magical self filling bottle and super high “ludicrous” power options when I bought my Panther. 🤪
I don’t blame you I wouldn’t believe me either but it’s true 2 1/2 mags and I’m not the only one from what I hear I’ll try and make a video some time I debated on posting about it but did anyway honestly I don’t get it either.

Just got the Griffin BT’s in .25-48gr and have them doing 896-900fps with reg setting of 135 , macro at 13 and micro at 3.5. We had some snow yesterday so I won’t be able to get groups for a bit but like the fps. Will check on the exact number of rounds before I hit 135bar later on.
Nice! Should be about 25 shots, maybe slightly higher with 700mm barrel... Interested in what your calculated BC is on those...

@Centercut, did get to do a shot string and was able to get 31 shots from 250bar down to 140bar. I also adjusted the macro to 15 and the micro to 3.75 to get the BT’s going a few fps faster average around 909fps. Once some more of the snow melts I will get a bc for these. I did also get my tracking number for the Altaros 49gr as well so I will be able to do a good comparison at 35, 50, 75 and 100yards. Depending on how they do will then stretch them out further…

@ram2jeep - Makes sense... With 700mm barrel you should get better efficiency. I get around 25 shots 250 to 150 at similar FPE (Altaros 49.5). I did a BC calculation with the G1 profile at 100Y, and it came out to the same as advertised, 0.21. The recent Altaros post said the G7 profile is better at 0.111, but out to 300 yards they are within 1/4 inch of each other at all distances, and I have no intention of going out further than that.

• Wow
Reactions: ram2jeep and tibor
Thanks for pointing out the obvious. I will give you my wife’s number and you two can share you sentiments. 😂😂. I’m sorry maybe yours does what no other airgun can 🤷‍♂️. Pretty sweet.
Simply amazing. 40 shots from a 300cc bottle at 110 FPE. I forget to order the magical self filling bottle and super high “ludicrous” power options when I bought my Panther. 🤪
No my Reg is at 130 but I picked up another box of 41gr zans today and they do not look the same as the first box the hole in the hollow point looks bigger on the first box and maybe 1/16 inch shorter the only label on the box Isa paper sticker I’ve never used ZAN before is it possible the first box was mislabeled. I have some 32gr nielson they look closer to this first box of zans I purchased with the gun

Here's my current settings in the pic. Reg at 135 (I made a post elsewhere stating 125 and that was an error on my part) .217 34gr Javelin gen2 chrony'd at 920fps. No complaints about accuracy; I did scrub the poop out of my barrel with swabs on fishing line and a healthy dose of Ballistol before the test strings.

20230304_015857.jpg

38" for a rifle is perfect !!!

The total length shown by Tony at Talon Tunes says it is 49" !!!!

49" on a rifle is not comfortable to handle.. If the Wolverine HP is discoustingly long, this Panthera with 49" is too, too long.
So for a lefty, what would you suggest FX wise? M3 is about double the cost of a panthera once you start adding needed upgrades.

Reactions: qball
So for a lefty, what would you suggest FX wise? M3 is about double the cost of a panthera once you start adding needed upgrades.
I am not to recommend except what I have used. The FX rifles that I own are the easy line and all of them are for right handed.

AGT rifles can be used by both, right handed and lefties. Also Daystate.

If you were a right handed I would HAVE TO recommend to you the Sidewinder that is, by far, the best PCP I have shot.

I have a .30 / 700mm with a 300 Bar 300cc bottle. I get 2 mags, and then need to switch bottles. Hoping Saber Tac comes out with a lower rail that will let me put on a big bottle while maintaining there ARCA for the tripod. Great so far, no issues.

One addition - I use an over-bore bipod with the gun and its awesome, first time of me and I really like the feel of an over-bore bipod.

The 500 weighs 7.65 lbs and the 600 jumps up to 8.1 lbs , so not lightest . But they do seem capable of high fpe . The 500 was something like 70 fpe and I didn't see that you need a heavy hammer and different probe ect.. Looks like they're accurate airguns and should be fun for paper or hunting . If I ever get to where I can out-shoot my maverick I might take a closer look.

Seem to be a efficient with its air also.

5,5 (.22) 112 shots with 15.89 gr pellet at 870 fps . Same weight as .22 Hades.

The 500 weighs 7.65 lbs and the 600 jumps up to 8.1 lbs , so not lightest . But they do seem capable of high fpe . The 500 was something like 70 fpe and I didn't see that you need a heavy hammer and different probe ect.. Looks like they're accurate airguns and should be fun for paper or hunting . If I ever get to where I can out-shoot my maverick I might take a closer look.

Seem to be a efficient with its air also.

5,5 (.22) 112 shots with 15.89 gr pellet at 870 fps . Same weight as .22 Hades.
Funny, as I am now considering a .25 Mav sniper. Adding a Sabre Tactical adjustable butt stock, slug power up kit, and a heavy barrel liner should get me what I want. I have an AF Texan SS .457 that gives a smack down if I want real power. LoL

I have a .30 / 700mm with a 300 Bar 300cc bottle. I get 2 mags, and then need to switch bottles. Hoping Saber Tac comes out with a lower rail that will let me put on a big bottle while maintaining there ARCA for the tripod. Great so far, no issues.

One addition - I use an over-bore bipod with the gun and its awesome, first time of me and I really like the feel of an over-bore bipod.

No-one thought about printing some bottle clamps to add a bottle on the m-lok rail en with a normal (short) filling cable to the inlet as if you shoot tethered from a big bottle?
Or is it a stupid idea?

Reactions: qball
No-one thought about printing some bottle clamps to add a bottle on the m-lok rail en with a normal (short) filling cable to the inlet as if you shoot tethered from a big bottle?
Or is it a stupid idea?

Not a stupid idea at all but at the same time we do have some concern over putting stress on the bottle thread. With high pressure the thread is very secure but still stress concentrated at pretty small area of the action, no one knows without long term stress test. It’s better to attach using multiple screws over wider area on the action.