Thought on the fx. Panthera

38" for a rifle is perfect !!!

The total length shown by Tony at Talon Tunes says it is 49" !!!!

49" on a rifle is not comfortable to handle.. If the Wolverine HP is discoustingly long, this Panthera with 49" is too, too long.
Once again,...there is 3 versions of the Panthera 38" 43" and 49" so you can order the model that fits your needs and wants,

do make blanket statements that the Panthera is to long of a rifle is just ,....well wrong :LOL:

Looking to probably purchase a panthera what are y’all’s thoughts
Well I'm a nut about the PRS rifle look. I dig the style. I like the rifle is much shorter height wise and will be far less susceptible to you accidently canting the rifle when shooting. I also like the mag location compared to my impact. I like the adjustable length of pull and adjustable cheek rest already on the gun without buying aftermarket parts. I also like the arca rail and places for m Lok stuff like weights. I also like the deep mag well for long slugs.

But.. it's not a bullpup so the gun is LONG. And since they wanted to make the rifle shorter and more versatile for shooting off different obstacles, the bottle is on the stock and small. So long gun with low air capacity. If those are a deal breaker, don't get it.

I think it'll be a nice addition to the safe. I like variety. The panthera ticks a lot of boxes for me (minus the shot count.. but not that big of a deal). If I wanted just one FX gun to handle the most situations... It would be a bottle wildcat.

Reactions: Bigragu
It depends what one want to use the gun for. If one want to shoot the haviest slugs, without pushing the gun to the limit, it is probably a nice gun. If one want to use it for pellets the gun might not be as benefitial.
I personally prefer bullpups, or semi bullpups, so for me personally not that interesting.
This is why I purchased one I wanted a 22 but ended up with a 25 in the 700 length I own several high end guns and none do what this does with such ease. I’m shootings 41 grain ZANs at 1100fps reg is set at 130 wheel is on 23 and micro adjustment at 4 these were the settings from the store I have not done any tuning. I only have 40 yards to shoot at my home but at 40 I’m getting one ragged whole it is a tac driver. I am getting that load crack so I don’t believe I’m shooting sub sonic. I want to shoot 100yard and farther to see if the speed will affect accuracy out farther at 40yards it is not at all. Another thing the guy at my local shop told me I’d get 16 shots but that’s not true at all I’m getting around 40 shots 2 1/2 mags with these settings consistently. The power accuracy and shot count is unbelievable I’m turning lemons into mist with not much left at 40yrds.

I would ponder the situation a bit longer.

It will be the first iteration of the gun and guaranteed they will not have all the bugs worked out.

Mostly, if you are not shooting NRL comp or some such and you like to shoot much you and your bottle are going to get well acquainted. The shot count is reported as very low, like 15 shots or so. If you are prone to shoot a lot like I do you may find that a frustrating situation.

Meh! Another FX rifle in a different wrapper. I would look for a good used Impact MkII or a Crown.
?????

I don't understand your comment.

I have a .22 Crown MK2, a .22 Impact MK2 and a .22 Panthera . Yes, all made by FX, all .22 caliber, but they are definitely different airguns in looks, feel and applications.

Reactions: tibor
Another thing the guy at my local shop told me I’d get 16 shots but that’s not true at all I’m getting around 40 shots 2 1/2 mags with these settings consistently. The power accuracy and shot count is unbelievable I’m turning lemons into mist with not much left at 40yrds.
Simply amazing. 40 shots from a 300cc bottle at 110 FPE. I forget to order the magical self filling bottle and super high “ludicrous” power options when I bought my Panther. 🤪

?????

I don't understand your comment.

I have a .22 Crown MK2, a .22 Impact MK2 and a .22 Panthera . Yes, all made by FX, all .22 caliber, but they are definitely different airguns in looks, feel and applications.
Yep,, I own them all, but see no need for another version. I think the rifles I have pretty much covers all bases for my shooting which ranges from 10M to 100 yd EBR.

Simply amazing. 40 shots from a 300cc bottle at 110 FPE. I forget to order the magical self filling bottle and super high “ludicrous” power options when I bought my Panther. 🤪
I sense no chrono. Getting 40 shots is one thing. Useable shots is another. There must be several that fall out the barrel and the shooter is thinking they are going through the same hole on target. Lol