The Stoeger MX1 Bullsharks are here

I wish complete specs were given for the Bullshark. I would give it more consideration.
I get the feeling that most of the Stoeger staff knows very little about airguns. I emailed them asking for specifications after the Scout and Ranger were announced and they simply referred me to the website that has nothing useful at all.

• Sad
Reactions: Beanflip
I think the blame is with Snowpeak, SPA, the manufacturer. The bullshark is a P35 with a couple changes. Snowpeak makes both. But the manual for my P35s explained almost nothing, it was an add for Snowpeak guns. It did not explain how to adjust the trigger or hammer spring or anything other than loading the magazine. It does not even explain that the gun is regulated. If the manufacturer does not explain the characteristics of the gun to the customer (Stoeger) then they have to do what I had to do, figure it out or find something on line. There is a youtube by Stoeger on the trigger that doesn't mention the first stage spring. That wasn't great but I just stumbled on the easy ability to adjust it. Snowpeak could sell a lot more guns if they would do a little more work on paperwork but they don't seem to get this. Air Venturi does paperwork and promotion a lot better but I don't think their guns are as well made.

Got my Stoeger Bullshark .177 last week. It came with a full fill, but i let it sit for a couple of days & no leaks. Everything was tight, & a big improvement over my P15, so I cleaned the bbl from the muzzle with my coated Dewey rod. Got a ton of dirty patches. Finally shot it over the weekend & was sorely disappointed! I could not get any 8.4 pellets to group under an inch at my 20 yd basement range. I adj'ed the hammer spring down to 680 fps, up to 920 & I still got flyers. Figured i lost the SPA barrel lottery? I decided to try the JSB 13.49 pellets & it now puts 5 shots into one hole at 20 yds with a sst at 840 fps. In my case, the mags are the problem. Shooting with the mags, i still get constant fliers but with the sst i made it shoots 1/4 / 5 shot groups. I will be ordering some Carm mags after the holidays for sure.I know not everyone has had mag problems but I've narrowed my problem to them.

Reactions: gendoc
Got my Stoeger Bullshark .177 last week. It came with a full fill, but i let it sit for a couple of days & no leaks. Everything was tight, & a big improvement over my P15, so I cleaned the bbl from the muzzle with my coated Dewey rod. Got a ton of dirty patches. Finally shot it over the weekend & was sorely disappointed! I could not get any 8.4 pellets to group under an inch at my 20 yd basement range. I adj'ed the hammer spring down to 680 fps, up to 920 & I still got flyers. Figured i lost the SPA barrel lottery? I decided to try the JSB 13.49 pellets & it now puts 5 shots into one hole at 20 yds with a sst at 840 fps. In my case, the mags are the problem. Shooting with the mags, i still get constant fliers but with the sst i made it shoots 1/4 / 5 shot groups. I will be ordering some Carm mags after the holidays for sure.I know not everyone has had mag problems but I've narrowed my problem to them.
I've found that my long range groups are always better when I shoot single shot with any pcp I own. I really need a sst for mine. It's pain to load single pellets.

TN- Yankee= Just tried some AA 8.4 gr @ 930 with the sst & they grouped very nice. I also shot some JSB 10.35 @ 895 & they also shot great. I think i will stick with the 13.49 jsb's but my shot fps increases as i shoot them. I think i will need to decrease my reg pressure to eliminate that.
Yes mine was doing the same thing the velocity would spike at the end of the shot string. My .177 I have at 115 bar on the reg and the .22 & .25 I have at 120 bar. My .177 is tuned at 940 shooting jsb knockouts, the .22 is at 920 shooting fx/rmr slugs, the .25 I haven't tried with slugs yet but it's at 900 fps with 34 grain FX pellets. All have the mentioned Xtreme airguns plenum installed and the .25 has all the ports opened up and the valve stem shaved down to 2mm.

Thank's - I was gonna shoot them an email but Carm is down for the holidays until 1/3. From what i've read they are the same except for the stocks? Having fun fiddling with my .177. Lowered the first & second stage on the trigger & also adj the reg. Except for the side lever it's basically the same as my P15.
The Bullshark has a slightly longer barrel also, otherwise the same. I emailed Darko this morning and he responded within the hour. I just think the orders side was down.

I ordered four 11-shot CARM higher capacity magazine for Snowpeak/Artemis/SPA P35 on 11/30/2023 and received them about two weeks later. They fit perfectly in my Stoeger XM1 bullshark .22, and work great!

So, along with the two 9-shot magazines that came with the gun, I can get 62 shots on a 250 bar fill before having to fill up again.

Good to know Bernie. I tried making some mods to one of my factory mags but it still keeps shooting flyers? I need to push a pellet in from the mag & then push the pellet out with my cleaning rod & see if the skirt is damaged? My P15 mags are all plastic, whereas the Bullshark mags now have a metal body. So it seems Stoeger wanted to improve on them, b

Reactions: bernieorosz
I have a Carm single pellet loader for my P35-25. I tried it while shooting 30 yard challenge targets. I saw no difference. But the gun is shooting a lot better with the Xtreme plenum and re-tuning. I should try it again. I think Carm magazines are nicer to pellets than SPA but Carm doesn't offer a flush fit for the 25 caliber. I tried the higher capacity one and it bugs me, it is in my face (I shoot from my left shoulder).

I've shot >190 30 yard challenge targets now with all three P35s and all were shot out of a magazine. Carm on the 177 and 22 and SPA on the 25. So they can't be too bad. I have one 200 with the 22. I have to tap the SPA magazines occasionally to get the pellet to feed. But they seem to work fine. I have adjusted a couple of them, there are screws you can turn to change the tension on the plastic cover. I shoot unsorted pellets from the tin, into a magazine, and out the barrel. H&N Baracuda Match from the 177 and 22 and FX or JSB 34s from the 25.

i decided to pull my barrel today & give it a proper cleaning. I noticed letters & numbers on the side of my barrel. Mine says SAG 233890. When i pulled the barrel i noticed different no's in front of the orings,towards the muzzle. Mine is GN 0233STO & there is another set of numbers past the orings towards the buttstock that are very small. Mine reads 220704170. All these numbers are laser etched. I pulled the barrel off of my P15 & there are no such markings? I wonder if SPA is upping their QC to trace problems?

I was able to install the Huma regulator and plenum In mine, however, the oring at the end of the air tube tore and now I’m SOL until I can get another one. I can’t wait to try it
IMG_0109.jpeg