N/A The “Dark Side”

Well I must admit I fell for the marketing and hype of pcp too. Costly mistake but lesson learned. I'm fine with a pellet gun being what it was designed to be. A while back I figured out I could use my 22rf to mirror a pcp in stealth accuracy and power. Eventually others will too can't help but think the Darkside is built on some very thin ice.

Bear, ya gave me chuckle,
"Suddenly, I stopped using them. Didn’t really even notice it. " seems ya need some sometimers medicine ,,, suddenly and did not notice
:sleep: or 🤓
I shoot my pcps when I need to terminate a pest and the springers are just for fun,,, that is my skill level 😵 cross eyed, blind old, has been, I am.
I eat lots of coconut oil for my sometimers
Lol.. the older I get the more narrowed down things become and simpler.. lot of use to do is now closet/ shop , barn ,ect dust collection.. 😭

Well I must admit I fell for the marketing and hype of pcp too. Costly mistake but lesson learned. I'm fine with a pellet gun being what it was designed to be. A while back I figured out I could use my 22rf to mirror a pcp in stealth accuracy and power. Eventually others will too can't help but think the Darkside is built on some very thin ice.
Thats kind of my thoughts too on PCPs. I can understand them up to 50-60fpe as a midway point between 22lr and break barrel power levels but beyond that I'm good. I do have a couple PCPs on their way though. I grabbed a Lynx V10 in both .177 and .22 because they came with a 300bar 700cc bottle. The .177 I'll tune somewhere near 12fpe so I should be able to shoot that for a loooooong time uninterrupted and I'll have the .22 closer to 30fpe for longer range fun at the club. If I need more power than that, 22lr subs are there to save the day and is just as quiet as a PCP

I do too. They are all real guns, but a springer will not do it. Where as i have dropped hogs with high power small caliber pcps. I like to plink but that is for it to be used as a hunting tool after.
Don't get me wrong.. there's a lot of nice pcp guns id like to have and shoot . The gun part no problem it that added overhead cost and hassle just to go shoot it .. I can get a nice non pcp gun just for what most spend on trying to charge one up just to be able to shoot once .. that supports the deal killer..

I was a tried and true HW springer guy, buying an HW and then getting it tuned so it didn't rattle the screws loose every few shots costs a lot of money, and they are still very hold sensitive.
I have 3 PCP's now and 3 springers, since I bought a compressor, the springers don't get shot any.
Nice to know you can hit what you are aiming at the majority of the time, and if you don't it's because you missed, not because you didn't have your pinky finger in the right place on the stock.

I'm a dedicated springer shooter, but I've decided to dip my toe into the shallow end of the PCP pool. On recommendation of people here, I'm going to order a Notos and a decent hand pump come payday. I've never shot or owned a PCP. I have a spare 3-9x32 Bug Buster that should be a good match for the gun. Should be fun to experiment with something totally new to me.
I was/am in the same boat. I have the same scope (and I'm having issues getting it dialed in, that's in another thread.) I will say, the one thing I like about the springer is I don't have to pause after 20 shots for a refill. The Notos is a lot of fun, but I don't think I'm sold on PCP's quite yet.

Have fun with that junk.lol I wait and take good shots, but I am not getting 10yds from a hog for a kill shot, that is just dumb, asking to be gored.
second that, 100% agree, and not to mention the problem with a fast follow up shots with a springer. That IS a draw back when it comes to hunting with a single loader.

Reactions: Scotay42
second that, 100% agree, and not to mention the problem with a fast follow up shots with a springer. That IS a draw back when it comes to hunting with a single loader.
No matter what I am hunting or hunting with (bow, powder burner or pcp) i carry a sidearm just for animals you may jump up and are not happy to see you.

Bought a PCP about five years ago. Used it for awhile. Then it sat like a paperweight, sold it. Springers fill my needs for target shooting and hunting. The challenge to shoot them consistently. The simplicity of them. Their reliability. About the closest I'll get to the dark side are my co2 guns. And like my pumpers also.

Reactions: Bear-of-Grayling
We all get curious! :D
I have an appreciation for both, and am glad I sampled and have invested in both.

My springers get the majority of the day-to-day action. Bringing them out frequently for some simple plinking or target shooting — the cocking/breath control/thud of the piston hitting home is like meditation to me.

The PCP’s comes out when pesting needs to be done. While my springers have more than enough power for the job, the PCP rifles provide an almost certainty of ethical shot placement and required power.

Great fun to be had in both realms!

I'll always be a springer guy at heart, but I recently fell into the deep end of the dark side (Delta Wolf). Shooting a springer is fun. You know what else is fun? Taking a gun to the range, pulling it out of the case and having it shoot exactly the same as when it was put in the case the last time you shot it.
I'm still shooting springer for practice, it helps make the PCP feel like the easiest thing in the world to shoot. But I do occasionally reach up and try to bend the PCP barrel in half. How else are you going to cock and load it?

Well, show me the deer and hogs that a springer can harvest.
There’s a guy named Manny if I’m remembering correctly, lived in Hawaii and hunted hogs regularly.
He did a post years ago about a hunt where he got a big hog with a .25 springer!
He knew the range perfectly and had shot the gun a lot, practicing cold shots until he was confident enough to pull it off.
Hopefully someone can find and link the post, I’m not having any luck finding it.