Testing, testing 1... 2... 3...

Wish that the Notos was available in Canada, would love to try one.

I have the Canadian .22 caliber PP750 (which is legally limited to 495 fps) but that's as close as I can get to a Notos ☹️

I prefer the PP750 anyway simply because it has the charging lever on the correct side. The furniture on the Notos is nice, but the folding AR conversion from Buckrail complete with Magpul goodies is nicer. With it and a removable moderator, the PP750 becomes a very nice backpack gun. Basically a poor man's Leshiy.

pp750_1.jpg

PP750_2.jpg

^^This has a full shroud length barrel and plenum/gauge block from airgunarcheryfun and makes as much power as the Notos in a smaller package

Not sure on Canadian laws though, is this considered a rifle or a pistol, would the power limit apply?

Last edited:
I prefer the PP750 anyway simply because it has the charging lever on the correct side. The furniture on the Notos is nice, but the folding AR conversion from Buckrail complete with Magpul goodies is nicer. With it and a removable moderator, the PP750 becomes a very nice backpack gun. Basically a poor man's Leshiy.

View attachment 404619

View attachment 404620

^^This has a full shroud length barrel and plenum/gauge block from airgunarcheryfun and makes as much power as the Notos in a smaller package

Not sure on Canadian laws though, is this considered a rifle or a pistol, would the power limit apply?
Thanks for posting your photos. I noticed your gauge block without the gauge. I've been wanting to remove mine but didn't know how I was going to do that until I saw your pics. They reminded me I bought a grub screw set off Amazon and I can remove the gauge!
Thanks again!
That PP750 is looking pretty good!

Reactions: dorcula
I realize others have had different experiences but the bug buster on my Prod shifted zero often. By like an inch at 25 yards. I got return authorization from the manufacturer and paid to ship it back to them. They never replied to any of my requests for information and never gave me a replacement or a refund or even just returned the no-good scope. If you get one I hope your experience is better but the Hawke Vantage 2-7 that replaced it is about the same price from a company that at least by reputation is a better chance to honor the warranty if you get a bad one. There is also a 3-9 if you want a bit more magnification.

Reactions: dorcula
Hello, I hope you are well, I am thinking of updating my notos with a new valve and a carbon fiber tank, the question is the following:

I see that you placed a Z and I wanted to know if the thread measurement of this valve does not require something additional to connect the rifle block with the valve?

This information will help me a lot, greetings.

The aftermarket drop blocks/Z-blocks are threaded to M16 x 1mm female, the guns air block is male, they just screw together BUT the drop block needs to be tapped further to accommodate the air block.

The "secret" is that the blocks are not made to clock correctly to the gun, the blocks have to be faced on a lathe to correctly clock them and allow alignment and provide a good seal on the o-ring.

Here is the male end of the air block on the gun and the OEM tank.

20230713_163933.jpg

View attachment 404619

View attachment 404620

I'm pretty sure that the Canadian laws would class that as a pistol and the 500 fps max velocity law applies. At 501 fps (or more) it would be classed as a "restricted firearm" requiring a the same special license with the same restrictions as a 44 magnum centerfire pistol.

Interesting, I'm right handed and prefer my HW44 pistol as it has the charging lever on the left side where I can operate it without changing hands.

I'm pretty sure that the Canadian laws would class that as a pistol and the 500 fps max velocity law applies. At 501 fps (or more) it would be classed as a "restricted firearm" requiring a the same special license with the same restrictions as a 44 magnum centerfire pistol.

Interesting, I'm right handed and prefer my HW44 pistol as it has the charging lever on the left side where I can operate it without changing hands.

I do like left handed on pistols and right handed on rifles. They got it totally backwards with the Notos and the PP750 :)