STOLEN AGT Vulcan 3 - Be on the lookout!

Yeah, all the Insurance Agent did was ask for a list of items taken and their replacement value. Everything was also listed on the Police report.
Crap time for me to change carriers, mine is a stickler. They even asked if I had a lift or over sized tires on my car or they wouldn't cover it........

Reactions: Centercut
I don't know about there, but here, the police can check all the pawn databases and find the item if it was indeed pawned or sold there. Assuming they do their job.
In the old county where I worked in Texas, anything acquired second hand generated some notice with the police, a 2 week hold and details about the seller. When we started telling people that, traffic went to 20%
Check Facebook market place, and offer up, you might get lucky

Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas
C’mon man. This is California. 😂
I got my Roland drum kit back like this. Surprisingly we have a fairly good amount of decent Leo's here in Central NC. Still a fair bit of corruption especially with drug task force. Go a county over in either direction and you start running into a lot of "good Ole boys" not much good about em.

I don't actually live in Seattle I live on an island up north of it called Anacortes I was down that way for the VA hospital and going to meet up with some family afterwards but I've been living in Washington now since 2016
I'm sorry this happened to you. I live in Washington and love going to that area and visiting the islands- would certainly love to live there! Will keep an eye out for it as well.

Hello everyone Jeremiah again I just wanted to give a sincere thank you to everybody and let all of you know that my V3 has been recovered. A long story short, my wife remembered that the smartwatch that I bought her for Christmas was also in our vehicle and it was no longer there so we assumed that it was taken with the stuff that I previously mentioned not expecting much to come from it I entered the number into the find my watch thing and got a location from that, luckily in general the thieving populace of this world tends to be well... not so bright. I still can't believe they were dumb enough to leave it on but sometimes you got to be thankful for small miracles so I gave that to the police and they were able to recover most of my items luckily the Vulcan 3 was there mostly as it was. No serious damage to report just I think in a foolish attempt to try to make it appear as if it was older than it was or that it was his unfortunately the bottle and synthetic stock or both pretty severely scratched up and covered in all sorts of gaudy stickers but the good news she still shot like a dream so in general I like to think I'm a relatively positive person so I tried to see this as an opportunity. so she's wearing some brand new clothes in the form of a tactical chassis from talon Tunes made by k&l and now a 700cc bottle and an accu-tac F series Gen 2 bipod. Sorry that it took me so long to get this reply out there I actually got it back about a week ago but I had some unexpected family things I had to take care of but I constantly had this in the back of my mind for sure wanting to make sure to acknowledge everybody that had wished me luck and all the kind words and a sincere special thank you to Warren for setting this up completely unsolicited... that was super cool of him and I truly appreciate it I honestly didn't think I was going to get it back but sometimes things work out for the best. I wish everybody the best and once again from the bottom of my heart thank you all!!!
Jeremiah

This comment is in no way meant to be derogatory but rather a reminder - don’t leave anything in a car that you can’t afford to loose. Crime happens when opportunity presents. It takes mere seconds to clean a car out. Thieves even target church parking lots and when they see a lady walk inside the church with no purse …. Smash and grab… they’re gone in a split second. These situations suck all the way around but they are also reminders.
Normally I would 100% agree with you and I always follow those guidelines when I'm in my hometown but I don't live in Seattle I was there for a VA visit and then after that was going to meet up with my father-in-law to give him the gun that I was building for him and to do some shooting but I was in no way under any delusions thinking that anything in the vehicle was safe from thieving souls but I didn't exactly have a whole lot of options to clean the car out or to store it anywhere it's not like I could take it in the VA with me furthermore my gun was locked in a hard case and not some cheap easy to get into case either I'm talking pelican vault case that was double locked and inside of a locked car inside of a locked trunk wedged between the back panel of the seat and the trunk in a little area near the hybrid battery compartment and to top that off it has a trigger lock on it as well and a locking chamber flag I have two kids so I don't mess around with my gun safety but if somebody's going to get you they're going to get you but it's all good and I understand where your comment was coming from so no worries and all's well that ends well I got the gun back and now it's better than ever gearing up for some long range shooting.

PS sorry about the after the fact late reply but as I explained earlier in my post I had some family stuff I had to deal with and I'm just now getting around to doing this but I thank you for your comment as well as everybody elses comments and support thanks again

Jeremiah

Well, it's good to hear that you got it back. You were extremely lucky in that regard. I lived in that city in the late 80s and throughout the 90s and even back then there were hordes of criminal addicts that made their living off of car break ins and petty theft. I can only imagine how bad it must be now that fentanyl and encampments are everywhere.

Hey Warren, how are you? I hope you and the family are all good!

Tell him to make a police report, for various reasons. He should also contact all the pawn shops in the area and to keep an eye on EBay, social media and airgun forums. Hopefully, since most thieves aren‘t too sharp, they’ll try to sell it cheap and get caught! The guys at Skout Airguns had two disappear in the same day about a week ago. One shipped to the West Coast just disappeared and the other to the East Coast arrived with nothing in the case. A lot of shady ass people getting away with too much these days!
Good luck.

Stoti(Kevin)

Last edited:
Reactions: RAMJET66
In my state pawned items are stored in the back room so the public doesn't see them unless the person who pawned it doesn't claim it on time.
Items sold to the pawn shop are also stored in the back for 30 days before being put out for sale to the public, so only the police are able to check those items in the first 30 days. Pawn brokers are crooks in my area so they don't want to help. Other states may have different rules.
Thieves break the back window on cars so they can flip the rear seat down and look in the trunk. It's usually an organized gang that has one buyer for the stolen items. People in some cities leave their windows open to save money on glass replacement.
Isn’t it pathetic how even though the ratbag and his dog got videoed breaking into the car, and then chased down and put on camera and yet nothing happens?
The scum know they are basically free to do whatever they want, and even when caught it’s only going to be…NOTHING!
The tolerance level that criminals get is a crime itself.
There needs to be punishment that hurts those vermin.
It’s just like starlings taking over, if nothing happens to stop them then they just take over, but put pressure on them and they go somewhere else.
Those thieves needed a solid street beating and boots to the ribs, but no they just walked away.
The news people had no follow up other than to say that they got broken into too!?
The news lady should have offered to buy them lunch.
Sorry for my rant, but we need to punch back hard.
So glad the rifle was recovered.

Congratulations on finding your stuff!

I've got a couple of tips for traveling with expensive items. I shoot competitive archery and my target bow and equipment is worth $4000 plus.

First, don't advertise your involvement of your sport by putting stickers on your vehicle.

Second never ever leave your equipment in your vehicle. Staying in a motel (I often have to traveling around the country) take it into your room. NEVER leave it unattended! Have your dinner delivered to your room.

I go so far as to put my archery equipment against the wall furthest from the door.

There were three different parties heading to the national championship that had all of their archery equipment stolen from their vehicles at motels totaling over $10,000