The more I see of the Skout, the less interested I am in getting one - at least this first iteration. Looks too damned clunky and heavy for me to really enjoy it. All of the rifles I currently have can shoot one ragged hole groups inside the 40-50yd limit of my property so how much better does this Epoch have to be for me to justify the extra cost, weight and bulkiness? It would literally have to stack pellet upon pellet upon pellet all day long and possibly also get 500 shots per fill for me to seriously consider buying one.

My thoughs exactly but articulated much better :LOL: :LOL:

Also if a mechanical gun goes down it's easy to fix,...how do you fix this thing if it stops working ?
Well to that point, mechanical systems fail at alarmingly high rates. The fewer moving parts in any system, the fewer the potential areas of probable failure. The EPOCH is modular in design. There are very few areas capable of causing systems failures. A computer failure is a scenario that would be catastrophic and locally irreparable. Aside from that, I can think of nothing that couldn't be sorted out locally (by the end user) in 5 minutes given the availability of the necessary replacement part. In essence, with a single moving part (the modular valve) SKOUT has taken the repair learning curve out of play. So should the worst happen and the valve fail, the removal of seven bolts, removal and replacement of the valve, and reassembly (those pesky seven bolts) can all be done on site in 5 to 7 minutes by anyone old enough to work an Allen wrench.

But, I digress, the entire point is that exponentially fewer weaknesses result in a far smaller risk of failure. This isn't the fragile and temperamental system that many highend users are use to. They've built this gun with an eye towards not only out shooting the competition, but out lasting it as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: hunterroark
Yeah "Game changer"...but game changer for who ?

For what I do it would not change my game, it cannot be more accurate then my rifles for the application and actually would be less powerful, more heavy and nowhere near as simple to fix and maintain so I guess I save the 2 grand plus and stick to my guns.

Again, I've heard came changer several times in the past 2 decades when it comes to airguns but none really made it happen.

Sure they will sell a few but the standard Airguns will still rule for a long time and outlast this current " Game changer "

Well to that point, mechanical systems fail at alarmingly high rates. The fewer moving parts in any system, the fewer the potential areas of probable failure. The EPOCH is modular in design. There are very few areas capable of causing systems failures. A computer failure is a scenario that would be catastrophic and locally irreparable. Aside from that, I can think of nothing that couldn't be sorted out locally (by the end user) in 5 minutes given the availability of the necessary replacement part. In essence, with a single moving part (the modular valve) SKOUT has taken the repair learning curve out of play. So should the worst happen and the valve fail, the removal of seven bolts, removal and replacement of the valve, and reassembly (those pesky seven bolts) can all be done on site in 5 to 7 minutes by anyone old enough to work an Allen wrench.

But, I digress, the entire point is that exponentially fewer weaknesses result in a far smaller risk of failure. This isn't the fragile and temperamental system that many highend usres are use to. They've built this gun with an eye towards not only out shooting the competition, but out lasting it as well.
Key word, ......Computer

I could fix my guns in minutes, but I don't need because they just do not break.

Reactions: qball
Key word, ......Computer
my guns just do not break.

I wish I could say that about mine. I've become an air gunsmith out of necessity, not any type of desire.

The reliability of electronic systems is so ridiculously superior to their mechanical counterparts, it's not even an arguable point. 99% of the cars on the road, the planes overhead, the thing in your hand RIGHT NOW (God, I hope it's your phone. If it's not please don't elaborate...lol) they're all computers or computer controlled. If any of them failed at the rate of your typical airgun civilization as we know it would end! Lol

Reactions: balver and Bigragu
And 3 Grand ? ....I like to see what kind of a game changer that will be, maybe for a very few elite :LOL:
Not so fast ... There is an entire segment of Air gunners ( Bench rest and Field target etc .. ) that operate in there respected game with many easily spending that sort of coin on a rifle.
LoL if you will .... there are many rifles that folks purchase that easily eclipse that figure. That value for those who shoot them are needing to justify there expenditure to no one.

Not to crash & burn your opinion, a woods hunter requiring blunt effectiveness at modest ranges is a WORLD AWAY from precision & competitive sports shooting.

Reality check .. nothing more.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raider03
Not so fast ... There is an entire segment of Air gunners ( Bench rest and Field target etc .. ) that operate in there respected game with many easily spending that sort of coin on a rifle.
LoL if you will .... there are many rifles that folks purchase that easily eclipse that figure. That value for those who shoot them are needing to justify there expenditure to no one.

Not to crash & burn your opinion, a woods hunter requiring blunt effectiveness at modest ranges is a WORLD AWAY from precision & competitive sports shooting.

Reality check .. nothing more.
Ho yeah I know, I sure know that is more galaxies apart if anything.

I guess the elite is way more extensive then I immagined,.....I just can't even immagine spending 3 Grand on a gun.

Good, at least we agree that this is not a game changer like going form a bicycle to a Ferrari. Toyota vs Ferrari would be a good comparison, even on the same road at the same speed a Ferrari does have a different experience. Ferrari does make women talk dirty to you as supposed to not with Toyota Camry, hopefully you get that with the Skout.
Hey hey watch the Toyota Camry comments. That’s what I drive and my girlfriend loves it. But come to think of it, I don’t think it’s made her talk dirty to me. Unless “Slow the F down” counts. The new top end Camrys aren’t grandmas Camrys.