Shooting tube Post deleted by OP

..... So far the wooden frame idea is at the top of the list, except using PVC pipe. With the PVC I can add T's to hold it as standoffs to attach to the T post. Also looked at used 30 gallon plastic drums, can't seem to source enough of them. Keep the ideas coming. Siding, Tin or plastic panels....

tim

No offense to anyone named Billy Bob.....but while reading that I had a pretty clear mental image of a redneck particle accelerator constructed out of a combination of all the listed materials.....mental image was complete with a pick and grab junkyards worth of vehicle carcasses scattered around Billy Bob's attempts at replicating The Large Hadron.

Quikrete or Sonotube 4’x 16” concrete form $23 each. Essentially a large, stiff, industrial strength toilet paper core. You could maybe weatherproof them with an elastomeric coating or some such. You would need a way to support & join them.
Hate to be negative but the military proximity makes this sound like a paperboard pipe dream. Expect a visit during assembly.

I no longer feel guilty about dismissing your response suggestions to my WTB ad looking for a steel HW moderator, with suggestions like-

"I have an alloy mod that might work." No. I want steel for the weight.

"You could modify an RWS mod." No.

"You could machine a steel mod out of..." (fill in the blank). No.

"You could..." NO. I'm not going to do any of that.

That said, allow me to make a suggestion.

Considering you're next to a Satcom airforce base in a town where it is illegal to shoot airguns, whatever you use and no matter how large or suspicious, just disguise it as something that is a threat to American security and it won't be investigated. Well, at least till 2025.

I know now😃... disguise it a Chinese spy balloon!

Better yet, a whole fleet.

Last edited:
Quikrete or Sonotube 4’x 16” concrete form $23 each. Essentially a large, stiff, industrial strength toilet paper core. You could maybe weatherproof them with an elastomeric coating or some such. You would need a way to support & join them.
Hate to be negative but the military proximity makes this sound like a paperboard pipe dream. Expect a visit during assembly.
I have used Sonotube in a pervious life, it was a concertation.

I have often wanted to have a "shooting tube" that went from my "sniper window" out to at least 25 yards. Never really thought about it until this thread.

Something I finally thought might fit the bill for cost was using those "kid tunnel" things. Especially if you can find them in longer versions to reduce cost.

iu

Of course, since these are really low weight, you would still have to have some way to secure them in almost any wind, even light wind.

But, then again, what the hell do I know...

All my best!

Kerry

Last edited:
If you are putting anything above ground you will be subject to sun. Black corrugated pipe can be a disaster to shoot through in midday sun....especially with low power guns. Pellets go everywhere for no reason that can be seen...but it's the heat.

Mike

Interesting that a big AG Manufacturer would not be aware of that phenomenon and build such a setup in Texas?

tube.JPG

Reactions: Hw9720
Time travel airgunning is the future. You actually see the pellet hit the target before you pull the trigger. Strange but true.

Where can we buy one? Better yet, how do I invest in the company?

My investment in The Pet Rock company proved less lucrative than I thought; lost a couple million on that! Thankfully I had enough sense to not invest heavily.

Last edited:
Interesting that a big AG Manufacturer would not be aware of that phenomenon and build such a setup in Texas?

View attachment 445238

Air conditioned ? all that hot air would be hitting you in the face and heating the room with the shooting table . + great for winter shooting and heat your house .