Shooting in the back yaaaard ISSUES?

I'm a Charmed fan as well. But using her fame and celebrity to get the SWAT team and police helicopter out for a kid killing squirrels is a wee bit extreme, don't you think? Hypocritical given her defund the police views. I doubt if the police response would have been so massive if a regular Jane Doe made the same call.

View attachment 342654
well i am sure if she knew it was only an air gun and a kid hunting squirrel she probably would not have bothered calling it in at all. but the kid didnt ask to hunt her property did he? did not show her in advance that it was an air gun ?
and while hunting that squirrel a person kid or not will look kinda sneaky that is what you do while hunting you sneak around real quiet and move in a particular way that will seem to those around as sneaky. so i can see it from her point of view also. and of course she cant really throw aeteralplasma balls so she was obviously freightened by what seemed like an armed person on her property. id have confronted them with my own air guns. if someone was on your propertty with anything that looked like it could shoot and they had not asked your permission wouldnt you either confront them or call for backup?
well next time ask and you wont have that kind of issue. and maybe you can get a video airgunning with a great lady and actress. who knows she might not know about air guns.
i would love to show her anything and everything about air guns. but she wont ever ask...

Reactions: tommyb
I'm a bit more in the suburbs. My $400 noise suppression device:
Ultimate Ears HyperBoom
uehb.PNG

• Love
Reactions: Beer Nap
I'm a bit more in the suburbs. My $400 noise suppression device:
Ultimate Ears HyperBoom
View attachment 342699
I've actually thought about taking the muffler off of my lawn mower and running it while I shoot a few shots from my .50cal. There is nothing behind my house except woods that is mostly peat so there is no danger at all.

Well here is the gun with the buck rail moderator. Honestly not that impressed with the noise reduction. But looks super cool. And since were showing pic of hot thinggs id figure i should contribute

I think Buck Rail moderators have a limit... I'm not sure what it is but my guess would be probably 50-60 fpe of power it can quiet down pretty well.

I've only used one (the "newer", non-tapered version) on my Kral NP03 but it makes it near-silent out of the muzzle. That's 32 fpe with a short barrel, so it cracks a bit without one installed. For this type of application I wouldn't hesitate at all to purchase one. Very lightweight as well.

Running a lawnmower or "testing" your gas generator is a great option when you just need to fire off a few shots with a big bore.

I built a wooden box similar to pictures posted already, old mud flaps the soft rubber ones are the most quiet.
Also have a Donnyfl suppressor which is super quiet.
Easy solution to the noise of the pellets or slugs hitting the targets is to set up a radio just a few feet away and point it directly at the target. That will drown out any noise from the projectile hitting the targets.
To keep the kids out of the line of fire put up danger tape on wire garden stakes and tell your neighbors your trying to get some exotic grass started, bolster that with the mention you've treated with a liquid weed killer and fertilizer. I spray a couple of times a year on Saturday mornings when everyone is out while wearing full ppe, when they see me wearing a respirator, rubber boots and tovec suit the place becomes a ghost town. Kids aren't allowed to walk in my yard per parents orders.
https://www.amazon.com/KINGPLAST-Red-DANGER-Tape-Non-Adhesive/dp/B08H1PPCWT/ref=sxin_17_pa_sp_search_thematic_sspa?content-id=amzn1.sym.eba7bd4e-dedb-4570-b09b-0e101a3c98a8%3Aamzn1.sym.eba7bd4e-dedb-4570-b09b-0e101a3c98a8&crid=ZTBBW13X5C2K&cv_ct_cx=police+tape&keywords=police+tape&pd_rd_i=B08H1PPCWT&pd_rd_r=fdb432d9-9537-4ca7-b982-0a94f8c8d84b&pd_rd_w=gheth&pd_rd_wg=XzYT0&pf_rd_p=eba7bd4e-dedb-4570-b09b-0e101a3c98a8&pf_rd_r=WBJ3GY7FZ7RW7HA2XS3K&qid=1679606002&sbo=RZvfv%2F%2FHxDF%2BO5021pAnSA%3D%3D&sprefix=police%2520tape%2Caps%2C455&sr=1-4-492482ea-2ad3-4cfe-9d1a-0efc7c5c9374-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyRlNTSkQ4NEVSQ04wJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNzcxODk0NkFMQVUxWEdWRFY4JmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAzNzkxNjMzVVdKN1U0Nk5QQlA5JndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3Bfc2VhcmNoX3RoZW1hdGljJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Last edited:
There is never to much caution.

Some PCP’s are to loud.

If it is a remote possibility of sending to fly a pellet or slug that can be catch by some one, better not shoot it.

Before taking a stubborn attitude, put yourself in the shoes of the neighbors.

No beautiful shooting worth the eye of nobody.

Taking all above said into consideration, shoot when is appropriate.

Last edited:
Years ago I wanted to know what my air guns sounded like to my neighbors. I live on an acre and have neighbors all around me. Any air gun I shoot has a moderator on it and I shoot from my living room out to my back wall, 75 yards away. I had my girlfriend's son shoot a couple of my air rifles as I stood about 10 feet from the target. Luckily the kid likes me and he was a good shot, so I wasn't worried about getting hit. I really couldn't hear the air rifle itself shoot. The only sounds I heard were the pellets hitting the target and the sound of the pellet whizzing through the air. I'm sure some of my neighbors can hear when I'm shooting but so far no one has actually come over trying to figure out what that whizzing noise is.

Reactions: FIDI_G
Same problem , I shoot from my workshop , gun has a big moderator so that's very quiet . Main noise comes from the pellet hitting the target paper . Using a well insulated shooting box with rubber mulch as a backstop can absorb most of the noise.

The "whizzing" noise depends of the pellet shape ; some are louder than others . Let's hope for some kind of "stealth pellets" 😄 .

I shoot a 25 Maverick and now a 22 M3 in my yard on 1/2 acre. Both with Falx's on them. At the trigger they are both 80 dB's.
The M3 is 75 dB's at the muzzle. I'd imagine my neighbors hear the pellet/slug hitting my carpet fronted rubber mulch box more than the shot itself. The ones that do know ask me on a regular basis to thin their rabbit herd. When my wife is sitting on the deck she says she can barely hear anything and probably wouldn't even notice if she didn't know I was shooting.

I've actually thought about taking the muffler off of my lawn mower and running it while I shoot a few shots from my .50cal. There is nothing behind my house except woods that is mostly peat so there is no danger at all.
my 51cal aea element max is aweful loud even with an emperor and extender that is the only reason i let the locals know in advance. and my steel door barricade with 5.25inches thick rubber mulch between two steel door panels works fine for stopping 600fpe. so i made a whole wall of the stuff. just to make sure.

There is never to much caution.

Some PCP’s are to loud.

If it is a remote possibility of sending to fly a pellet or slug that can be catch by some one, better not shoot it.

Before taking a stubborn attitude, put yourself in the shoes of the neighbors.

No beautiful shooting worth the eye of nobody.

Taking all above said into consideration, shoot when is appropriate.
better words have rarely been spoken or typed. thank you friend

Reactions: Emu
I think Buck Rail moderators have a limit... I'm not sure what it is but my guess would be probably 50-60 fpe of power it can quiet down pretty well.

I've only used one (the "newer", non-tapered version) on my Kral NP03 but it makes it near-silent out of the muzzle. That's 32 fpe with a short barrel, so it cracks a bit without one installed. For this type of application I wouldn't hesitate at all to purchase one. Very lightweight as well.

Running a lawnmower or "testing" your gas generator is a great option when you just need to fire off a few shots with a big bore.
No idea how much energy this makes its a Kalibrigun Cricket 2 in .22 but I shot it again and I don't think I can hear a difference. If there is then its not that noticeable. Needless to say I'm not impressed with this Buck Rail moderator, at all actually pretty dissapointed in its performance. This is the non tapered version with the steel insert. The fit and finish are fine and it is ultra light but I cant hear a difference. Any other moderator recommendations that wont break the bank?

20230323_162423.jpg

Here are the airgun laws in my state. https://airgunlaws.com/georgia-airgun-laws/
I would encourage you all to look them up and make sure your in somewhat compliance.

Last edited:
Frist off you are shooting a BB gun. Also you might want to keep a air Nailer and a small compressor where ya keep your air guns? When the officer shows up he see the bb gun?Officer seems kinda load? "O" officer you must be hearing my nail gun?just been doen some remodeling? i try to do all my remodeling in the daytime as not to disturb the Neighbors.I hate this kinda of stuff" Also go vist Buck Rail"

No idea how much energy this makes its only .22 but I shot it again and I don't think I can hear a difference. If there is then its not that noticeable. Needless to say I'm not impressed at all actually pretty dissapointed in its performance. This is the non tapered version (obviously) with the steel insert. The fit and finish are fine and it is ultra light but I cant hear a difference. Any other moderator recommendations??

View attachment 343112
Here are the airgun laws in my state. https://airgunlaws.com/georgia-airgun-laws/
I would encourage you all to look them up and make sure your in somewhat compliance.
I'm in Decatur, GA.
Tried a few buckrail and it quieted a bit but POI is bad. And now I have DonnyFL Tanto, Sumo, Ronin and Fat Boy....:)

In Denver it is legal to shoot in your backyard. With ANY projectile, firearm as well as my FX Impact. The buck stops if it leaves your property line 😁. So keep it legit!!!
Now, if my neighbor is having a conniption fit over me "Tuning my FX" and calls the police, well, it does create a "neighbor problem" even though I can legally "tune my FX" in Denver proper. There is a learning curve to balancing their concerns and my lifestyle. It works out because I can make it happen ;)

Patrick

Reactions: L.Leon