SHIPPING COST OUT OF CONTROL

AoA charges $13.50 for small flat rate.

I know. I paid the small box price for a fill hose and some other small stuff recently but they shipped it in a medium box which they lost money on since I only got charged $13.50.

I suspect that their site is worded poorly and they charge that price for all USPS shipments in a certain range so they lose on some and make more on others but it averages out.

Nope, I emailed them. They said one option was USPS Flat Rate at $13.50, which I saw when I almost ordered. I asked if they inadvertently added a piece of depleted uranium in the box. I advised them that Midway was $5 cheaper than USPS flat rate.
You should see Midway's shipping facility. Its kind of a modern day marvel of business ingenuity. Probably the biggest single reason their shipping is still reasonable. Their shipping staff is probably 10x more people than every employee AoA has lol.

Reactions: Arkansas_Airgunner
I was just on AoA website to order a Labradar airgun microphone. $44.95 on sale. Add $3.85 for tax AND ADD $25.86 UPS SHIPPING.
NO F’ing WAY. The entire package would not hit one pound and would fit in 4”x4”x4” box.
This is completely stupid. Ordered it from Midway, $8.50 shipping.

Edit: Shipping on a rifle would be several hundred dollars.
Where do you see shipping on a rifle for several hundred and they do not charge sales tax for out of state purchase, I just looked and a Daystate Hunstman shipped to say Virginia would be

Available shipping methods

UPS - Ground$40.01
UPS - 3 Day Select$110.70
UPS - 2nd Day Air$139.74
UPS - Next Day Air$214.45
Showroom Pickup$0.00
USPS - Priority (2-3 day delivery)$60.03

Last edited:
Some of these companies allege as excuse that the shipping cost is determined by the "system" ( UA, PA, AD among them) and in turn charge the buyers outrageously excessive delivery fees. Are they also in the shipping business ? Unless we such reject such unfair practices they will keep doing it. Boycott those and buy somewhere else !
Its not 2016 anymore, cheap/free shipping is getting more and more rare. I dont think its reasonable to expect a business to sell stuff as cheap as possible only to take a loss on shipping. PA already offers free shipping on orders over $150. Somebody has to pay the piper.

I recently placed an order from Talon Tunes. Didn’t pay attention to the shipping because it was just a liner, tube and one tin of pellets. Later on something just wasn’t sitting right with me about what my total bill was so I looked further into it. When I saw what my shipping was I had to be revived by paramedics. I think it was like $45 for just a normal ship. Needless to say, I’m done there.

Reactions: UCChris