Sand bags from Ebay

Here is mine filled up with 10 lbs of long grain. Sorry the only pic I have os with the gun resting on it..

20230225_165537_HDR.jpg

Question I got a sandbag from ebay but no sand lol. What do I use to fill it with? Regular playground sand you buy at HD or some sort of plastic balls?
I have found that filling the empty bag with spent shot shell primers works well, and they are not likely to fall out of any small holes that will probably develop over time. They do not have the weight of sand, but their weigh is enough for most applications

Reactions: FIDI_G
You know I’ve never tried it but if the main concern is weight, plastic bbs like the type they use in airsoft would probably work pretty well. They’re light, cheap, able to get wet, animals won’t try to eat them and I think probably small enough to form a nice cup around a stock… Never tried this but It’ll definitely be much lighter than sand though.

Reactions: FIDI_G
You know I’ve never tried it but if the main concern is weight, plastic bbs like the type they use in airsoft would probably work pretty well. They’re light, cheap, able to get wet, animals won’t try to eat them and I think probably small enough to form a nice cup around a stock… Never tried this but It’ll definitely be much lighter than sand though.
That's what I was thinking of when I wrote it. If you do try it let us know how it works out. I might swap to it and just eat my rice although with 10lbs of long grain it may take a while.

Hasn’t that stuff gotten really expensive? I know target shot shells have doubled in price. Big reason I’m into airguns now. Contemplating selling my trap gun but can’t bring myself to do it yet. Lol
Keep the faith! Shotgun supplies are slowly showing up on shelves again. I will sell my trap gun when they pry it out of my cold dead hands. I renew my ATA membership and dream of getting a full strait one day. My MEC9000 is patiently waiting on some W209's.

Reactions: Trucker3573
Forget sandbags, get a good bipod and rear worm screw monopod and be done with it
View attachment 336382
yeah that's way to fancy for me. I have to say that looks BAF. Looks amazing!! I bought a cheap UTG clone bi-pod based on lots of good reviews but I have to say it's very disspointing. I cant get it tighten up very well and it's heavy and it swivels side to side. That bipod looks very nice which one is it?

This is what I use now. I used to fill my bags with sand but lugging it around got heavy so I used this to fill my bags it’s way lighter.View attachment 336278
I like your bag (y). What happens if that gets wet. Foam Beads for SLIME garden??I get the impression if it gets wet in might get slimy?? I kind of like the idea of the airsoft bb's. as the best option so far.

yeah that's way to fancy for me. I have to say that looks BAF. Looks amazing!! I bought a cheap UTG clone bi-pod based on lots of good reviews but I have to say it's very disspointing. I cant get it tighten up very well and it's heavy and it swivels side to side. That bipod looks very nice which one is it?
ACCU-TAC FD-4 BIPOD