S.C.B.A Tank setup

so maybe I wasn't clear.. I filled it first time to 1000 and it leaked overnight to around 100 PSI.. was the o ring where the valve goes on.. so I got another o ring from the dive shop and it sealed and I went to 1500 but it leaked again down to 500 and I found the leak with my spray bottle of soap water and it was the gauge..
so I am not worried about being dot legal since I probably won't ever transport it filled and I don't plan on having it filled.. just use my own compressor..
that said all I care about is holding air and being safe using it.. it's a 98 year made.. so if it is safe to use.. looks good to me as I see no damage to the carbon fiber.. other than what appears to be a light rust stain from possibly being next to a diamond plate I can't see anything wrong with it..
if eBay is the only place to buy a reasonable price valve then I will have to ask my daughter in MN if she can order it for me..
I can't figure out how to use eBay, for that matter I don't know how to use Amazon but I can get help here with Amazon but they don't know how to order eBay..
I have no problem changing the valve I just thought I'd better ask a few people about the tank..I don't know anything about carbon fiber.. but it looks fine.. dive shop is the one that said it was out of date.. but really I have welding tanks that have been out of date multiple times and recertify and some have new valves..
guess I didn't get used to using computer much and that's a problem.. I fortunately barely get around this site.. lots of good people who actually know things and that's how we learn..
thank you
Mark
Have you tried removing the gauge, re-applying teflon tape, and snugging it back down? My brand new valve arrived with this same issue.

Reactions: anonymous_.457