RTI Prophet II — Powerful and Tough — a Hunter's Dream

Gonna need more rags Matthias, I ride the irony express! If it stops in Peru, I’ll hop off for a visit.

In all seriousness (for just a moment): If any of you guys wanna come visit to Peru, I can help set some things up. 👍🏼

However, Scotty, YOU won't be getting here by any kind of "express" or train from the US. Too much ocean and jungle in the way.
However, I hear there is an airline that provides daily service between Charlotte and Lima: It's called Airony Inc.
They don't pass out any drinks, only buckets. With rags to mop up..... 🤣

Cheers,
Matthias

All was good with my RTI Prophet II until this morning. I fired two shots and it began to hiss. It then popped out of the barrel. FWIW - I have about 100 pellets through it so far.

I noticed the bottle regulator assembly was slightly out of alignment and loose. I figured it just needed to be topped off. The compressor wouldn't get above 44 bar. I brought it inside and could hear the hiss coming from the regulator. I removed the regulator/bottle assembly and confirmed air was leaking out of the regulator outlet.

I assume it's a bad regulator and messaged RTI Shop where I bought it.

Any easy home shop repairs until I hear back?

Thanks,
My issues were quickly resolved within a week by a Technician in Utah. It ended up being an o-ring on the valve.

I mounted the scope and re-sighted. Ran 108 rounds through it with supreme accuracy and precision. The regulator is set at around 135 bar and is shooting JSB redesigns @ 930 FPS.

The cocking actuation is not as smooth or refined as FX Impact or Wildcat but it's so fun to shoot.

I bought one of the new Impulse moderators for it. Save your money the Sumo or Tanto is cheaper and seems quieter.

Happy to answer questions that people might have that are considering one.

Reactions: SHOMER
Almost ready to order but have a few worries.
I’ve seen a few comments around that some firing valves are leaking. Probably a balanced valve like this has a much lighter closing force so may be more prone to this problem. Anyone have more info? Was it early release of P2 and now cured?
Also on Gregor’s last vid the regulator has a real whistle to it.

Almost ready to order but have a few worries.
I’ve seen a few comments around that some firing valves are leaking. Probably a balanced valve like this has a much lighter closing force so may be more prone to this problem. Anyone have more info? Was it early release of P2 and now cured?
Also on Gregor’s last vid the regulator has a real whistle to it.
I don't know if I would call it a whistle. More like a Ping. but nothing annoying, at least not to me, and I don't know if anyone not having their cheek to the rifle can hear it.

Reactions: Yorkie
I don't understand what the big deal is. What pcp airgun in this class has the least amount of o-rings ? Does that mean they're trash if they use a lot ? I used to have a Fx .30 Impact Mk1 that NEVER gave me issues. Loved that gun and sold it because of all the gloom and doom fx haters in this forum at times. Regret listening and giving into all that negativity. If you buy a pcp get to know it and realize you may
one day actually have to change an oring or 2 or 3. 😁
Gloom and doom FX haters? This forum was founded by Ted, the biggest FX fanboy in the world. Lol At times it feels like FX Nation,are you blind? I'm entirely joking, I do tend to agree that sometimes more orings, especially different sized ones can be a difficult thing to deal with but the RTI is a pretty solid platform. They are a very open minded company and focused on innovation, that's good for all of us. Innovation makes most all brands work harder.

The RTI is a pretty solid platform. They are a very open minded company and focused on innovation, that's good for all of us. Innovation makes most all brands work harder.

Yepp, from what I see at present — I'm looking very much forward to what is just beyond the horizon! 😊

Matthias

My issues were quickly resolved within a week by a Technician in Utah. It ended up being an o-ring on the valve.

I mounted the scope and re-sighted. Ran 108 rounds through it with supreme accuracy and precision. The regulator is set at around 135 bar and is shooting JSB redesigns @ 930 FPS.

The cocking actuation is not as smooth or refined as FX Impact or Wildcat but it's so fun to shoot.

I bought one of the new Impulse moderators for it. Save your money the Sumo or Tanto is cheaper and seems quieter.

Happy to answer questions that people might have that are considering one.
Can you tell which o ring it was? As there is only one o ring in the valve. I am having a similar problem.

It would be nice to know what part of the assembly is failing. How long age did they replace the valve?
The spring inside the balance tube has sharp ends and eats its way through the back of the aluminum valve. The debris from this accumulates inside the tube and prevents free movement of the valve. Unfortunately the new valve assembly still had a razor sharp spring end against aluminum so it will probably happen again.

valve end.jpg

valve debris.jpg

The spring inside the balance tube has sharp ends and eats its way through the back of the aluminum valve. The debris from this accumulates inside the tube and prevents free movement of the valve. Unfortunately the new valve assembly still had a razor sharp spring end against aluminum so it will probably happen again.

View attachment 333153

View attachment 333154
My spring did the same damage to the valve. I took the rough edges off the spring and also polish the spring. This helped but the spring still scared a new valve.

Reactions: Yorkie