RTI Prophet Accuracy!

That's food for thought??? I really want to try out the new valve system that's in the new Prophet 2! Have you ever ordered from RTI Spain? I would think AOA would have or would get the barrel kits????
I will wait out the new valve system a bit longer. Also, RTI may come out with their “monster gun” before long…

I’ve used the RTI Shop in Spain - shipping is fast to Connecticut. Real fast! If your order is under $800, you don’t pay customs fees. The euro to dollar rate is very good right now.

The current Prophet .177 barrels are Lothar Walther and 510mm (20”). They are NOT proprietary polygonal rifling barrels like the .22 and .25 calibers. They are excellent .177 barrels.

Data points to consider: Using my 90 bar regulator tune on my Prophet Performance .22 V1 with the famous 32:1 slow twist barrel (not Prophet V2 barrel.)

Shooting JSB 18.13 at 920fps into sub-dime sized TEN shot groups at 42 yards CONSISTENTLY.

Shooting FX Atomic 15.89 at 960fps into sub-dime sized TEN shot groups at 42 yards CONSISTENTLY.

Then swap barrels and NOT CHANGING ANYTHING (HS preload or reg setting):

Shoots Crosman 10.5g at 918fps into sub-nickel sized TEN shot groups at 38 yards CONSISTENTLY. (I’ve had a few sub-dime sized - but Crosman typically has a flyer or two with 10 shots)

Shoots JSB and FX 10.3 at 943fps into sub-dime sized TEN shot groups at 40 yards CONSISTENTLY.

All data above using a Weihrauch 30mm moderator - extremely quiet for backyard shooting with this tune and moderator.

Lol, this tune with 90 bar reg shoots CPHP 14.3 at 1,025 fps and actually groups them into a sub-quarter at 40 yards at that insane speed.

I have many tins on MRDs that I will save for 100 yard use - using Grigor’s recommended 1,050fps tune. That power level likely too loud for my backyard.

I recommend dropping your reg to 90 bar for 18.13 and lighter pellets.

I may get a Prophet Performance V2 .22 barrel if I ever decide to try slugs, but no desire at this time.

I’ve got FX, Daystate, Weihrauch, Benjamin and Umarex guns. The RTI Prophet Performance is more consistently accurate than any of them - and it makes more power with less effort - highly recommended.

I’m not concerned with muzzle report, just the pop at the mag well. I’m gonna try to find 12mm x 1.5mm 90 duro o-rings for the barrel o-rings, as they seem a bit loose when mounting the barrel. I will double check my linkage, but believe it’s closing completely. Thanks for the suggestion!
Scotty the sidelever/linkage/popping was a separate issue not relating to the noise from the rear. I kind of think the noise you and I are hearing in our right ear is the hammer and hammer spring twang and possibly some plenum refill sounds added in. Some of that ear sound I understand is common in other bullpup guns since the design puts the ear right in that area.

I was able to shoot at longer distances in the last few days as opposed to shooting in the fenced backyard. I don't have a moderator on the P2 so it's loud compared to all of my other air rifles. Mostly pellet striking the target and sound bouncing back off of the fences. When I shot the other day the only sound I noticed was something that sounded like a ricochet. I was shooting into a fairly soft clay ground layer, and I heard the same sound from 20yds all the way out to 100yds. (checking the drop on slugs at yardage) I finally realized it was the regulator "breathing". LOL Currently shooting H&N .218 21 gr slugs at 1000 fps at 130bar.

Thanks for the info on the 14.3 CPHP at 90bar. I may have to try that out for some close pesting, but it would be with the P2 barrel not the LR barrel.

I was able to shoot at longer distances in the last few days as opposed to shooting in the fenced backyard. I don't have a moderator on the P2 so it's loud compared to all of my other air rifles. Mostly pellet striking the target and sound bouncing back off of the fences. When I shot the other day the only sound I noticed was something that sounded like a ricochet. I was shooting into a fairly soft clay ground layer, and I heard the same sound from 20yds all the way out to 100yds. (checking the drop on slugs at yardage) I finally realized it was the regulator "breathing". LOL Currently shooting H&N .218 21 gr slugs at 1000 fps at 130bar.

Thanks for the info on the 14.3 CPHP at 90bar. I may have to try that out for some close pesting, but it would be with the P2 barrel not the LR barrel.
The P2 barrel will likely not keep the CPHP 14.3 stable at 1,025 fps - as the P2 barrel has a faster twist rate Of 1:16.

DE632075-E546-47A9-8EB7-1C1EE76D0F15.png

Reactions: customcutter
Nice shooting.

My Prophet Performance .22 is insanely accurate with JSB 18.13s at 925fps. I’m running the regulator at only 90 ! Lol.

Just buy the .177 barrel kit from RTI Shop in Spain. Its less than $300 and is a great .177 barrel. It takes 3.5 minutes to swap barrels and probe on the Prophet - I had a friend time me Doing the swap. He also did it in less than 5 minutes, and he had never touched a Prophet before I had him swap barrels just to show how simple.
EPG, I have the .22 Prophet also. Do you know how many more shots you are getting at your 90 lb reg setting? Mine is currently set at 135 and 1050fps. accuracy is good but I would be willing to sacrifice speed for shot count.

EPG, I have the .22 Prophet also. Do you know how many more shots you are getting at your 90 lb reg setting? Mine is currently set at 135 and 1050fps. accuracy is good but I would be willing to sacrifice speed for shot count.
No. All I can tell you is that I get an insane amount of shots with the regulator at 90 bar - whether I’m shooting .22 or .177.

The truth is, I never bother to fill to 300 bar. I usually fill to just 225-250 bar. I definitely get 100+ shots shooting from 225 bar down to 100 bar with the reg at 90.

I will wait out the new valve system a bit longer. Also, RTI may come out with their “monster gun” before long…

I’ve used the RTI Shop in Spain - shipping is fast to Connecticut. Real fast! If your order is under $800, you don’t pay customs fees. The euro to dollar rate is very good right now.

The current Prophet .177 barrels are Lothar Walther and 510mm (20”). They are NOT proprietary polygonal rifling barrels like the .22 and .25 calibers. They are excellent .177 barrels.

Data points to consider: Using my 90 bar regulator tune on my Prophet Performance .22 V1 with the famous 32:1 slow twist barrel (not Prophet V2 barrel.)

Shooting JSB 18.13 at 920fps into sub-dime sized TEN shot groups at 42 yards CONSISTENTLY.

Shooting FX Atomic 15.89 at 960fps into sub-dime sized TEN shot groups at 42 yards CONSISTENTLY.

Shoots Crosman 10.5g at 918fps into sub-nickel sized TEN shot groups at 38 yards CONSISTENTLY. (I’ve had a few sub-dime sized - but Crosman typically has a flyer or two with 10 shots)

Shoots JSB and FX 10.3 at 943fps into sub-dime sized TEN shot groups at 40 yards CONSISTENTLY.

All data above using a Weihrauch 30mm moderator - extremely quiet for backyard shooting with this tune and moderator.

Lol, this tune with 90 bar reg shoots CPHP 14.3 at 1,025 fps and actually groups them into a sub-quarter at 40 yards at that insane speed.

I have many tins on MRDs that I will save for 100 yard use - using Grigor’s recommended 1,050fps tune. That power level likely too loud for my backyard.

I may get a Prophet Performance V2 .22 barrel if I ever decide to try slugs, but no desire at this time.

I’ve got FX, Daystate, Weihrauch, Benjamin and Umarex guns. The RTI Prophet Performance is more consistently accurate than any of them - and it makes more power with less effort - highly recommended.

Just realized the FX Atomic are like Hades. Thanks for all the info...

I researched 8-10 guns. I wanted a gun to shoot slugs. It finally came down to either the BRK Ghost or the RTI Prophet II. I also thought that the Prophet was more efficient at making power.

Has any one tried shooting Hades or any hunting pellet at 950fps and higher? Just wondering if they would be stable like the MRD at high speeds out of the 22 LR barrel???
Yep, just shot these groups with FX Atomic (JSB Hades rebranded) 15.89s. Speed was 960fps. Temp was 41 degrees.

It’s a still evening. Lasered distance is 123.62 feet (41 yards).

I was pretty stoked to put 5 through a hole the size of a pellet. Blue circles are exactly the size of US Dime. I thought my Midas Tac was deceiving me, lol.

Trigger pull weight is 7.8 to 8.2 ounces. Reg pressure is 90 bar. Prophet Performance V1 with awesome 1:32 slow twist barrel.

F26FC74E-3E03-4E17-AC00-5E0060D5ECA7.jpeg

Has any one tried shooting Hades or any hunting pellet at 950fps and higher? Just wondering if they would be stable like the MRD at high speeds out of the 22 LR barrel???
I wanted to try out the .22 FX Hades but my regulator was set at 135 and that was pushing the 15.9 Hades at 1100 fps. I reduced the reg pressure to 100 and at 1007 the Hades are shooting very well. This also lets me shoot 18.13around 970. This gun likes both pellets with only a slight scope adjustment.

No. All I can tell you is that I get an insane amount of shots with the regulator at 90 bar - whether I’m shooting .22 or .177.

The truth is, I never bother to fill to 300 bar. I usually fill to just 225-250 bar. I definitely get 100+ shots shooting from 225 bar down to 100 bar with the reg at 90.
I went ahead and dropped my reg pressure to 100. My 18.13s are doing around 970 and the 15,9 Hades FX is at 1007. Both are grouping very well. It's nice not to have to fill the gun to a very high setting and still get many shots.

I went ahead and dropped my reg pressure to 100. My 18.13s are doing around 970 and the 15,9 Hades FX is at 1007. Both are grouping very well. It's nice not to have to fill the gun to a very high setting and still get many shots.

I'll need to try that setting out as well after I get the settings and speed just right for the MRD!

Yep, just shot these groups with FX Atomic (JSB Hades rebranded) 15.89s. Speed was 960fps. Temp was 41 degrees.

It’s a still evening. Lasered distance is 123.62 feet (41 yards).

I was pretty stoked to put 5 through a hole the size of a pellet. Blue circles are exactly the size of US Dime. I thought my Midas Tac was deceiving me, lol.

Trigger pull weight is 7.8 to 8.2 ounces. Reg pressure is 90 bar. Prophet Performance V1 with awesome 1:32 slow twist barrel.

View attachment 310345

That was a great group with the Atomic pellets. I haven't picked any up yet. Any different than the Hades??

Scotty the sidelever/linkage/popping was a separate issue not relating to the noise from the rear. I kind of think the noise you and I are hearing in our right ear is the hammer and hammer spring twang and possibly some plenum refill sounds added in. Some of that ear sound I understand is common in other bullpup guns since the design puts the ear right in that area.
The noise is almost entirely from the plenum refilling. Actually from the air rushing though the check valve.
If I shoot mine until the main pressure drops to and below the regulator setting, most of the noise stops and all I hear is the hammer hitting the valve and that is pretty quiet.

Reactions: Aimright

I checked out RTI Spain last night. Didn't see any 177 barrel kits only 22 and up! I'll keep looking...