Pro Sport

Just received my new Pro Sport . Submitted a post about it yesterday. Problem was there was no suppressor or noise dampening system in the barrel? The barrel sleeve was hollow. I fired one shot and it sounded like a 20 gauge shotgun. I was pretty depressed about it and called the dealer today assuming the factory had made an error, poor quality control etc.
Turns out I was the one who was in error. Myself and the dealer are from Canada. I discovered air guns here can have no noise suppressors what so ever. It's illegal. The dealer had to import them that way. That's probably why I could never find a Canadian U tube featuring the Pro Sport. No one here I could find, really talks about this great gun and now I know why. The barrel is a different formant than the TX 200. I thought they were pretty well the same but they are not.
The dealer was good about it and I will ship the gun back for a reimbursement of payment. I waited a year for this gun to be available for purchase , Darn , what a let down as I know this is a fantastic gun. I have the TX 200 with a HO PG3 Vortek tune kit installed. It is almost unbelievably accurate. Tonight from a bench, I was consistently hitting 5mm diameter , one inch length chucks of solid aluminum of golf tees at 51 yards. I am sure I could push it out much further but don't have the room on my property. I would bet the Pro Sport would be just as accurate but guess that ship has sailed for me and I'm not on it. I'll probably now wait till the HW98 becomes available here in Canada. I have the Beeman R9 / HW95 and it is as accurate as the TX,

Just received my new Pro Sport . Submitted a post about it yesterday. Problem was there was no suppressor or noise dampening system in the barrel? The barrel sleeve was hollow. I fired one shot and it sounded like a 20 gauge shotgun. I was pretty depressed about it and called the dealer today assuming the factory had made an error, poor quality control etc.
Turns out I was the one who was in error. Myself and the dealer are from Canada. I discovered air guns here can have no noise suppressors what so ever. It's illegal. The dealer had to import them that way. That's probably why I could never find a Canadian U tube featuring the Pro Sport. No one here I could find, really talks about this great gun and now I know why. The barrel is a different formant than the TX 200. I thought they were pretty well the same but they are not.
The dealer was good about it and I will ship the gun back for a reimbursement of payment. I waited a year for this gun to be available for purchase , Darn , what a let down as I know this is a fantastic gun. I have the TX 200 with a HO PG3 Vortek tune kit installed. It is almost unbelievably accurate. Tonight from a bench, I was consistently hitting 5mm diameter , one inch length chucks of solid aluminum of golf tees at 51 yards. I am sure I could push it out much further but don't have the room on my property. I would bet the Pro Sport would be just as accurate but guess that ship has sailed for me and I'm not on it. I'll probably now wait till the HW98 becomes available here in Canada. I have the Beeman R9 / HW95 and it is as accurate as the TX,
I would keep that Pro Sport. You will be one of those guys, in a few years saying, “I had a Pro Sport, let it go, wish I kept it, what a mistake.” I prefer the Pro Sport over the 200. 01B14A46-E85F-418B-9418-25BF83446CB8.jpegLook at it, nicest looking springer. I’m in Canada as well have the same issues. Crow

My understanding is that the barrel layout of the Pro Sport is the same as my Hunter Carbine, with the barrel about 3" short of the end of the shroud. My Hunter Carbine did not come with baffles inside the shroud, but the muzzle cap does incorporate a 1 1/2" air splitter that presumably is intended to reduce noise somewhat. That said, with or without the muzzle cap my gun sounds nothing like a 20 gage shotgun. I wonder if there was some dieseling going on with that first shot? That would not be unusual in a brand new gun.

In any case, I wouldn't give up on it just yet. Shoot it some more using pellets on the heavy side and see if it quiets down. It should. Then you can always look at options to quiet it further, possibly a Hunter Carbine muzzle cap or some improvised baffling.

I don’t hear many members talk about the Pro Sport. Had my .22 out today, and what a pleasure to shoot. View attachment 218906 This gun always gives top performance. It feels great to hold. View attachment 218918 And the trigger has little resistance. No warm-up necessary. View attachment 218931 I find cocking this rifle, no problem. I have no kits in it, don’t really need it.
‘This is 5 rounds 35 yds. Hades pellet. View attachment 218939 The washer is size same as dime. The painted shot at 10 o’clock was target. Also got #45 nutter with this intravenous applicator today.
I have several springers, I like them all, but nothing is as consistent as this PS. I think it’s also has the best looks award.

Does anyone else find the Pro Sport a similar pleasure. Crow
I have one in 177 and I love it. Did you have anything done to yours?

Hi crowski. I always look forward to your posts. U have such a nice collection. Very very nice group, (for a lefty,lol.) Hey,,whats with the spiders ?
Thanks. Ironically, I hate spiders my place is sprayed for them. My place is upside down because of this project. Crow
I have one in 177 and I love it. Did you have anything done to yours?
I’ve done nothing to them except clean them. I have 10 spring kits now but haven’t installed yet. Not enough hours in the day. Crow

That’s some really great shooting there Crow. I just purchased a slightly used PS in 22. Bought a TX 200 three years ago and have about 20,000 down the tube. It has a PG 4 steel drop in kit and a fantastic shooter . I find the PS even nicer to shoot and it’s stock.
I am now trying to find a few pellets that the barrel likes. From your result at 35 yards, you have discovered a great pellet for your gun. I see you are shooting AA diabolos 16 gr , Hades diabolos and Exact ?? , can’t read it . Would you mind telling what they are? Are these the best pellets for your gun? I’ve tried 6 or 7 but nothing really good yet. I tried the AA 18 gr with great expectations but didn’t do well. Crosmans 13.4 pointed and 13.4 premier hollow points surprisingly shoot quite well. What would you suggest I try ?
Thanks Al

I don’t hear many members talk about the Pro Sport. Had my .22 out today, and what a pleasure to shoot. View attachment 218906 This gun always gives top performance. It feels great to hold. View attachment 218918 And the trigger has little resistance. No warm-up necessary. View attachment 218931 I find cocking this rifle, no problem. I have no kits in it, don’t really need it.
‘This is 5 rounds 35 yds. Hades pellet. View attachment 218939 The washer is size same as dime. The painted shot at 10 o’clock was target. Also got #45 nutter with this intravenous applicator today.
I have several springers, I like them all, but nothing is as consistent as this PS. I think it’s also has the best looks award.

Does anyone else find the Pro Sport a similar pleasure. Crow
A great springer classic and they look so good in factory walnut. AA had a run of fantastic looking walnut in several of their rifles, and I always wanted to score a walnut stock for one of my Pro Elites, but never did, although I thought I saw one on a forum.

Reactions: fishing43