paypal claiming air rifle is firearm

I found this disclosure in about the second layer of "fine print" on the PP site. I would say there is a good chance that a rifle scope would be claimed as a similar "Prohibited Activity". It seems, not only is the protection plan excluded, but the transaction itself is prohibited by PP policy. They may not deny the transaction on its face (they want the fee), but if anything goes wrong, they will be quick to say, "well, it was a transaction prohibited by our policy, sorry, and don't to that anymore."

You may not use the PayPal service for activities that:

1. violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation.
  2. relate to transactions involving (a) narcotics, steroids, certain controlled substances or other products that present a risk to consumer safety, (b) drug paraphernalia, (c) cigarettes, (d) items that encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to engage in illegal activity, (e) stolen goods including digital and virtual goods, (f) the promotion of hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory or the financial exploitation of a crime, (g) items that are considered obscene, (h) items that infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy or any other proprietary right under the laws of any jurisdiction, (i) certain sexually oriented materials or services, (j) ammunition, firearms, or certain firearm parts or accessories, or (k) certain weapons or knives regulated under applicable law.
    [/LIST=1]

I went through a similar situation a while back, and submitted for a refund. End result? I got permanently BANNED from PayPal, for violating their policies regarding firearms. No amount of phone calls, or challenges helped. They WON'T let you speak to anyone that made that decision, nor give you their reasoning. Nice people to work with !@

I went through a similar situation a while back, and submitted for a refund. End result? I got permanently BANNED from PayPal, for violating their policies regarding firearms. No amount of phone calls, or challenges helped. They WON'T let you speak to anyone that made that decision, nor give you their reasoning. Nice people to work with !@
Agreed. I had my account locked for doing nothing at all. No complaints, no open or recent transactions, etc. Then they put it on me to provide a lot more personal information to verify my identity to get it unlocked. PayPal is NOT your pal and they cannot be trusted to be fair, thoughtful, or competent.

To let it come down to whether PayPal decides to consider if an airgun is an “other weapon” implies you believe they are willing to think. They are not. If your case depends on them to think or observe on any level at all, you are wasting your time in addition to your money, which they will also waste.

David

PayPal is a trash company. While on vacation, someone hacked may account, drained my checking into PayPal, and bought bitcoin with my money. They changed my email and phone number also.

When I called PayPal they wouldn’t do anything because I could not verify my email on file. Took me many days of calling and trying to talk to someone who speaks English as a second language. Finally got lucky and talked to someone willing to help. The dozen or so other people were completely indifferent, and had no inclination to be helpful.

Reactions: dgeesaman