PayPal! Beware...

K9, I can only imagine what that was like. It's true, they lock the money for 6 months and invest it, keep the profit, then send your money back. Doing business with 'other peoples money' isn't a new thing but this method should be illegal. It's done under the guise of a sketchy premise without the money owners permission. They are fully taking advantage of a tragic situation, NOT helping it. Small business owners need to research alternatives to PayPal. I know I am!

I would have suggested the NRA Visa card which was issued by the National Bank of Omaha, but they caved into media pressure in 2018 and stopped issuing them due to anti gun activists. Anything shooting related is being legislated, taxed, or being cut-off from the financial system as we speak. I do not suggest using crypto as its value is too unstable and it has limited support at this time. This might be a perfect time for all of the manufacturers and interest groups to get together to fund an independent bank. It’s not impossible, after all PayPal was formed from almost nothing and grew into what it is today, just takes initiative.

-Marty 

Reactions: SHOMER
View attachment 212161I just got banned last week for use PayPal, because i bought an accu shot monopod for my air gun. Been with PayPal since 2001. I called PP, they didn't gave an answer, I didn't do anything wrong, the site that I purchased the monopod offer PAYPAL so I used PP because it was quick and convenient.
So I have a PayPal debit card that I use to get my weekly pay my tax returns all that stuff is that separate from PayPal can I close my PayPal account and still keep my debit card or do they both need to go

Things will only get worse as these “woke-a-neestas” get into the work place. (Already been going on) sad really. What is interesting is AGN is allowing this thread while another gun related forum shut it down. Probably because contributors use Profit Pal to contribute. Shows bad judgement imo.( not bad judgement for AGN just to be clear)

Last edited:
Reactions: Trucker3573
And how does Paypal know what you are buying or selling? They just transfer funds. They are holding your money 180 days? Looks like we could find some slick lawyer for a class-action lawsuit.
Not sure. I think you agree to it when you join.
Another few hours donated to the abyss. Nothing resolved as of yet.

Why use PayPal? EBay mainly. Buyer protection. Ease of use. Yes, Wally world has Western Union. Too many scams with that. (I'm a retired Detective/K9 officer) Protection from having CC info hacked from allegedly secure sites. Etc. They've always, for the most part, been really reliable. My firearms and gear purchases have always been on a personal CC never through PP. And purchases through the forums, PP Friends/Family. It's easy and available.

It's simply frustrating. I know their stance on firearms, firearms parts, and ammunition. It's prohibited. Airguns and accessories. Pellets and slugs, they've always been allowed. So, my intent was to caution those who use PP, step lightly.
Ebay and PayPal haven’t been directly associated for some time. No reason to use PayPal to pay through ebay anymore. Buyer protection is non existent if they deem you violated any of their policies. Try to file a claim against an “airgun” and I can guarantee the protection isn’t worth the paper it is written on. This has been going on for a couple of years now. I forget the name of the company but this company only sold training classes and accessories and the same thing happened to them. That was a cpl years ago and I think it forced them out of business having so many funds tied up for so long. This is nothing more than back door gun control. I will stop there as this topic is impossible to not get political about.

Reactions: SHOMER and K9Air
You'd be surprised at how many web site builders have in the fine print and not so fine print, exclusions for "gun" related transactions. I've been looking at building a site and simply don't want to risk getting set up just to leave myself and potential customers out in the cold with no place to spend their money. I've used PayPal for my Barrels since I started. so far, fingers crossed, no hassle. but I think it's time to move on simply based on principle. I found a company that specializes in shooting sports, e-commerce sites. If it is at all affordable, I'll be going that route.

You'd be surprised at how many web site builders have in the fine print and not so fine print, exclusions for "gun" related transactions. I've been looking at building a site and simply don't want to risk getting set up just to leave myself and potential customers out in the cold with no place to spend their money. I've used PayPal for my Barrels since I started. so far, fingers crossed, no hassle. but I think it's time to move on simply based on principle. I found a company that specializes in shooting sports, e-commerce sites. If it is at all affordable, I'll be going that route.
Can you share who that is?

Pay Pal only benefits the seller and Pay Pal. Some better respected sellers websites still accept PP only, or if there is a choice it’s very difficult to override PP. In these cases when my only choice is PP I send the seller a personal comment to complain and suggest that they upgrade their website. Sellers need to be made aware of the problems that PP creates by restricting purchases and in many cases they aren’t even aware of it.
I can count at least a dozen online orders that I have walked away from for just this problem. If I were a seller I would want to know about this bottleneck.

I've reached out a few more times over this.
It's still the same ol song and dance. Not one person can or will explain to me why they are holding my money hostage and have permanently banned my account.
I do have the option to file a "Small Claims" suit. What a damn mess... Keep supporting companies like this and they'll continue to rule the masses.

• Wow
I've reached out a few more times over this.
It's still the same ol song and dance. Not one person can or will explain to me why they are holding my money hostage and have permanently banned my account.
I do have the option to file a "Small Claims" suit. What a damn mess... Keep supporting companies like this and they'll continue to rule the masses.
You should file in small claims court not only out of principal but to send a message. The reason they do this is because they are betting that no one is going to bother to “waste” their time. Even if you get your money back you can still file for damages associated with financial and emotional hardship.

-Marty

Reactions: SHOMER and K9Air