FX Panthera 600mm - heaviest slug?

Panthera 600 has plenty of power for that slug. Also you don’t need 1000fps to be accurate, I always tune my slugs to 900-920FPS max or Mach 0.8. Key to accuracy on any airgun especially with slugs is tune, go with highest reg pressure you can get away with. Depends on hammer weight you should be able to shoot the 35 grain nsa @900fps with about 140 bars.

Personally I only shoot heavy liners and found 217 NSA most consistent. 218 will work but will be harder to push or slower without any gain from my testing. 2165 also works but not quite as consistent and 217, I actually tried them all.

Yes, it will use more air. If you shoot 100 yards or closer then try 27.5g, which is about the same BC as 30 grain. You can zip those 27.5 NSA at 1000fps with ease for fun and giggles.
Sorry, I thought you wrote 53g slug! I must be dyslexic 🤣.

I’ve never had much success shooting traditionally shaped slugs under 950fps.

Now the ATP’s, they are a different story. I don’t know how they shoot so good between 850fps-900fps.

Sorry, I thought you wrote 53g slug! I must be dyslexic 🤣.

I’ve never had much success shooting traditionally shaped slugs under 950fps.

Now the ATP’s, they are a different story. I don’t know how they shoot so good between 850fps-900fps.

My best consistent accuracy has always been 920 or lower. I even had great success at 830fps. Most people tune with way too low of reg pressure, there is either a phobia of high reg pressure or fixation with low reg but not sure which one.

My best consistent accuracy has always been 920 or lower. I even had great success at 830fps. Most people tune with way too low of reg pressure, there is either a phobia of high reg pressure or fixation with low reg but not sure which one.

Thanks for your comments qball!

For some reason I equated low reg with being better and assumed that slugs wanted 1000 fps or more. I'll erase those misconceptions and start fresh.

I'm all for accuracy. Don't need/want extreme power or range so I'm looking at 25 -35 grain slugs for my .22/700 Panthera. Once I'm done exploring slugs I plan on tuning for JSB Monster Redesigns.

Cheers!

Reactions: qball