Omega compressors?

When I made the decision that I wanted to get a Turbo Charger last month, I located all of 1 place in the U.S. whose web site said they had it in stock. I bought it through Palm Beach Airguns (called them to confirm it was truly in stock), however it seems to have been drop-shipped directly from the importer - Precision Airguns/AOA. So far I like it a lot, and it was great to see the post by oldsparky on how these compressors like to be used to ensure longest service life:

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/omega-turbo-charger-2/?view=all#post-1013583

I had called AOA before my purchase just to see if they had or were expecting any to come into stock soon (all listed as sold out on their site). They told me that these sold pretty much as soon as they were received, and something like they weren't expecting any more for maybe 1-3 months.

I can't tell you why production seems so backlogged, or what is going on with Omega as a company. Maybe they are a small entity, and COVID is still a pretty big issue it seems in the U.K. Plus continuing issues on seemingly everything with parts availability, supply chain and all that stuff.

Hi Erlis, I have an Omega Air Charger and the only maintenance is to turn the grease knob 1 full turn about every 6 hours of use or 1/2 turn every 3 hours. Todd recommends to not over grease them, that can cause issues. I've had mine since September 2020 and it's been great. I only fill my SCBA tanks to 4200, less stress on the compressor. I also have a shoebox F10, and it's also great but slower. For the Air Charger, I recommend an hour meter, they don't come with one. I put on an analog hour meter to keep track of hours for maintenance, took about 20 minutes and works only when the compressor is working. not just when the unit is turned on. It's a no frills compressor but if you are on a budget, it's either that or the Hill EC3000, which is also a decent compressor $1200 unit. There's a lot of nay-sayers about these compressors, but if you are not going to spend $$$ on an Alkin or Coltri, the Air Charger is decent for what it is. Operation of the compressor is simple, nothing complicated, no auto purging, but it does have auto shut-off. They are really hard to come by right now.

I purchased an Omega Air Charger in April from AoA and am very pleased so far. I added an hour meter on the back of the electrical box so that I didn’t have to write down run times for keeping track of the required six hour lube interval. I like the fact that it runs at a far lower rpm than my Umarex Ready Air, which is a nice unit too. 

Interestingly, when you turn the lubricating knob on the lube reservoir it actually force the lube into the air intake and it spreads itself into the stages to lubricate the piston stages. I am in the process of adding a Alpha molecular sieve filter/dryer to assure water removal

C1ADD4F6-F254-4209-B741-5EC7A3C025B6.1624441968.jpeg

Yes, to replenishing grease. They include a syringe with food grade grease. The picture on their website is of an older style greasing cup/reservoir. The new one does the same thing but I think is higher quality.

You fill the reservoir which is like a cap for the reservoir with grease and then smack the cup down onto a table several times to level it and work the air bubbles out of it and then screw it on to compressor. They tell you a half turn IIRC in manual (I’m at work now). The problem or question I had was how do I know the grease is actually getting dispensed. I found out, all you do is unscrew the dinky little air filter and elbow and look into the intake port and observe while you turn grease cap. Do it in half turn increments, the cap has detents that you can feel every 180 degrees. At some point you will see grease ooze into the intake port, that’s it until another six hours passes. 

Let me know if you want some photos

Randy