• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Official Thread - Alkin owners - check in!

What version alkin did you purchase?

• Auto

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Manual

Votes: 19 63.3%

• Total voters
\
I got the Horizontal model W31 , How do you tell if you got the auto drain?View attachment 464914
That's a vertical, without auto drain. There are several features to identify the auto drain model, some of which are solenoid valves (electronic 'blocks') where you have manual valves on the left-front of the compressor.

GsT

Thanks guys I got my Horizontal and vertical mixed up, To much work and not enough sleep will do that to me, 12 years ago when I was filling my great white it was 35 to 45 dollars from 3000 to 4500 fill , The cheapest was in Midland 38 miles away and the highest was in Odessa 20 miles away, Both took about 3 to four hours to fill bottle had to work me in just to fill bottle, Or you could rent one of those big 6000 psi nitrogen bottles for 300 a month with free refills.
Just FYI here in the middle of West Texas, And if you look at the big picture , I am getting off pretty cheap with the Alkin.
Mike

Yea, My knobs fell off when I was doing the 10 minute break in , The bottom one air came out fast, Scared the crap out of me had a hard time putting it back in with the pressure, Your not suppose to have the knobs screwed in while starting , Unscrew let it run then screw them in , That's what I read.
Mike
I stretch a long rubber band across both bleed knobs, it keeps them from vibrating out when open. It just occurred to me that a couple wraps of Teflon tape should also work. I’ve got 3 bottles to fill today, so I’ll give it a try.

Hmm...
If any of the bleeder valves are open...Just a crack.....
Let alone about to fall off......
You should hear the air escaping!!
Also you should notice the decrease in pressure build-up...If you are watching your gauge(gauges..)
This happens only when purposely running with the bleeders open, such as during warm-up with no load, or cool down when done with the compressor. I don’t know that everybody does that, but I do.

I do the same to warm up or cool down... I leave the purifier closed... let the system build up pressure then crack open bleeder
on the moisture separator between 2nd-3rd stage (my old w31 on has the one...)
This keeps pressure up in last stage to eliminate piston slap/rattle!!
Don't have the problem of the bleeder knob falling off though...

Yes mine came with a valve to drain the oil, Also a tube so you can get the oil out farther, I see the oil on the site is a little expensive but not as expensive as the Mobil one jet oil I had to use in the Shelden, The jet oil was like 35 to 40 a QT ,, Just glad I don't own a JET,,
Mike
IMG_2189.JPG
IMG_2190.JPG

Yes mine came with a valve to drain the oil, Also a tube so you can get the oil out farther, I see the oil on the site is a little expensive but not as expensive as the Mobil one jet oil I had to use in the Shelden, The jet oil was like 35 to 40 a QT ,, Just glad I don't own a JET,,
MikeView attachment 466530View attachment 466531
That’s a nice addition to make oil changes simpler.