Number 1 accessory to improve Accuracy beyond 50 yds?

As far as controlling shakes goes, a 3 step approach:
1) to smooth out muscle jitters: a chelated magnesium supplement, such as magnesium malate or magnesium glycinate (but not magnesium oxide, which is biounavailable, and not magnesium citrate, a laxative). This is a calming mineral that most people are deficient in, especially for caffeine junkies. You can also try the sports supplement ZMA, which combines zinc aspartate with some zinc and vitamin b6.

2) more shoulder pressure, either by using a stop or fixed bag for the bipod feet to push against; or a rope or cord, secured on left and right, that loops forward around the forestock, either of which allow you to lean a little more forward with your shoulder into the butt to create shoulder pressure. This technique has helped me a lot. I found the rope trick to be especially helpful when I can rig it up.

3) a VERY stable bench. The more mass the better, generally.

Also:
4) a trigger pinch technique where only the forefinger and thumb are used to squeeze the trigger when shooting from a rested position.
5) slow your breathing with 4 seconds inhale followed by 4 seconds restricted exhale through pursed lips. The slow exhale is key to calm yourself to get in the zone.
6) don't hold your breath too long before releasing the shot.

Good luck

Feinwerk

Last edited:
As far as controlling shakes goes, a 3 step approach:
1) to smaooth out muscle jitters: a chelated magnesium supplement, such as magnesium malate or magnesium glycinate (but not magnesium oxide, which is biounavailable, and not magnesium citrate, a laxative). This is a calming mineral that most people are deficient in, especially for caffeine junkies. You can also try the sports supplement ZMA, which combines zinc aspartate with some zinc and vitamin b6.

2) more shoulder pressure, either by using a stop or fixed bag for the bipod feet to push against; or a rope or cord, secured on left and right, that loops forward around the forestock, either of which allow you to lean a little more forward with your shoulder into the butt to create shoulder pressure. This technique has helped me a lot. I found the rope trick to be especially helpful when I can rig it up.

3) a VERY stable bench. The more mass the better, generally.

Also:
4) a trigger pinch technique where only the forefinger and thumb are used to squeeze the trigger when shooting from a rested position.
5) slow your breathing with 4 seconds inhale followed by 4 seconds restricted exhale through pursed lips. The slow exhale is key to calm yourself to get in the zone.
6) don't hold your breath too long before releasing the shot.

Good luck

Feinwerk
And don't forget to breathe slowly and relax your muscles. Let your shoulders and body just kind of "slump" into itself.

A 5-50 scope like Striker, Trijicon
Take out a fleas ass at 200m :D
000555.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-08-19 at 4.33.29 PM.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
My other post was short and honest lol. I do not have enough info. to be very accurate but I will throw a couple quick ones out for you in hopes it helps a little. lol You are obviously having fun and have a general knowledge without a doubt. If you are shooting a dime sized spinner consistently as stated above at 50-60 yards you have an excellent start. Great shooting there.

You also stated that you are on a hill and shooting down into the woods I am sure that with your current abilities you are probably aware that at some point in extreme angles up or down the poi will change especially at long ranges haha. I do not know how steep the hill is or the angle.

Others have made some great suggestions and the wind flags are a must at those ranges for me haha. Just a piece of plastic flagging tape tied on a limb will help alot.

Again I am shooting in the dark here for lack of knowledge but do you have a backer behind those spinners so that you can tell whether the shot was high or low or left or right ? something similar to a quadrant target spinner of something that relays critical information back to you upon impact at a minimum.

check out how the wind effects the flight whether it is a head wind, tail wind cross wind and so on lol. I still think if you are losing sight of the pellets as they fly into the woods at 80 and 100yards it is crucial to know where they are hitting by placing some kind of a backer like say cardboard or a piece of plate steel or other painted surface for groupings .

I have often been amazed at the knowledge and experience that some of the well seasoned shooters have. It takes some time as we all know haha. Their discipline and ability to lock up and perform muscle memory as if it is natural with exquisite form and execution is true amazing. Time and a great attitude/practice go along way here of course. haha

If you wanted to test the limits of your pcp you first have to remove the shooter JMHO. a vise locked down and all you do is gently complete the trigger break haha. Any time I introduce myself into the equation murphys law kicks me at any given moment.

again I think there is no substitute for Knowledge/experience that can be had lol.

It sounds as if you are having a blast of fun and excitement that is awesome. I also think you will out shoot this old hunter plinker pester very soon. I wish you the very best in your quest you will get there soon just keep enjoying the ride. haha

Scott

I hope something helps you the guys here are mostly great people.
Thanks for the tips guys. I currently dont use a backer but i will at the longer ranges. Thats a great idea.

Is it normal that I dont have to make any adjustments to the scope from 20-60 yds?

Thanks for the tips guys. I currently dont use a backer but i will at the longer ranges. Thats a great idea.

Is it normal that I dont have to make any adjustments to the scope from 20-60 yds?
Are you saying you‘re simply using the center crosshair at those ranges? And are not using any hold overs or dialing elevation?

To answer your original question, a simple piece of yarn attached to the end of zip tie at the muzzle. Then more of those strings at my target stations. Some might have a feather attached. Learn to read the wind and what it does to your projectile depending on the winds’ direction.

Not only is it not normal, its physically impossible. Assuming you're throwing an 18gr pellet 900fps with a 50yd zero, there is going to be about a 3" swing from your highest to lowest holds from 20-60yds.

Have you downloaded a ballistic app yet? Not sure if its been mentioned yet or not but that is a great "accessory" too.

yes,sounds normal,
but only if you are only shooting at 20yds and 60yds.
im guessing you zeroed at one of those 2 distances.

you said jsb 18s so thats a .22,
but what gun/scope?

if thats indeed how you are zeroed,
then anything farther than 20 and closer than 60 you will be shooting high,
and anything closer than 20 and farther than 60 you will hit low.

at 80-100 youll be looking at 2 or 3 mil of holdover or more with that zero.

depending on your pellet weight/speed,
if you zeroed at 20yds the pellet was still rising in its trajectory,
then you may be very close to on at 60.

if i plug in a 60yd zero for my setup in chairgun,
i get a 20yd first zero while the pellet is rising.

Last edited:
I gotta give up coffee to get a better group??

I'll take the larger group;)
And another cuppa of Joe… coffee only an issue if you drink too much. Just finishing my second cup… It snowed last night, going to try my luck with some starlings. If I miss a lot? I’m blaming the Java.

• Love
yes,sounds normal,
but only if you are only shooting at 20yds and 60yds.
im guessing you zeroed at one of those 2 distances.

you said jsb 18s so thats a .22,
but what gun/scope?

if thats indeed how you are zeroed,
then anything farther than 20 and closer than 60 you will be shooting high,
and anything closer than 20 and farther than 60 you will hit low.

at 80-100 youll be looking at 2 or 3 mil of holdover or more with that zero.

depending on your pellet weight/speed,
if you zeroed at 20yds the pellet was still rising in its trajectory,
then you may be very close to on at 60.

if i plug in a 60yd zero for my setup in chairgun,
i get a 20yd first zero while the pellet is rising.
I zeroed in at 25yds but still hitting spoons at 60yds without a hold over. I just aim for the middle of the spoon.

Its a kalibrrgun cricket 2 with a Primary Arms SLx 4-14x44 FFP Rifle Scope.

Not only is it not normal, its physically impossible. Assuming you're throwing an 18gr pellet 900fps with a 50yd zero, there is going to be about a 3" swing from your highest to lowest holds from 20-60yds.

Have you downloaded a ballistic app yet? Not sure if its been mentioned yet or not but that is a great "accessory" too.
My zero is at 25yds. I hit quarter tight groups of 3 or 4 shots then I go right to the spoon at 50yds or 60 yds I forget now. Thought it was 60 but could be 50. Aim dead center at the medium size spoon. I dont touch the scope at all. No adjustments. Could it be my shooting angle? In shooting down from a two story building. Are you saying the math doesnt work out?

I zeroed in at 25yds but still hitting spoons at 60yds without a hold over. I just aim for the middle of the spoon.

Its a kalibrrgun cricket 2 with a Primary Arms SLx 4-14x44 FFP Rifle Scope.

and thats why youre stil hitting them at 60.

at 25yds your pellet is still rising,
and it happens to drop back on target close enough to hit the spinners at 60.

try 40yds,youll hit high.

its all trajectory :cool:

steep angle will change things a bit also

My zero is at 25yds. I hit quarter tight groups of 3 or 4 shots then I go right to the spoon at 50yds or 60 yds I forget now. Thought it was 60 but could be 50. Aim dead center at the medium size spoon. I dont touch the scope at all. No adjustments. Could it be my shooting angle? In shooting down from a two story building. Are you saying the math doesnt work out?
Scopes typically have two seperate zeros. Near and far. With some generic calculations and using your 25 yd zero, those two are going to be very close on your gun. You basically have a perfect zero that prevents any hold under (seen below)

Screenshot_20230304-210007_ChairGun.jpg

At 50yds, your holdover should be approximately 1.75" which will still put your POI SOMEWHERE on the spoon which is why you are still hitting it. I would setup some paper targets so you can actually get visual data on where exactly your POI is.

Reactions: FIDI_G
Scopes typically have two seperate zeros. Near and far. With some generic calculations and using your 25 yd zero, those two are going to be very close on your gun. You basically have a perfect zero that prevents any hold under (seen below)

View attachment 337690

At 50yds, your holdover should be approximately 1.75" which will still put your POI SOMEWHERE on the spoon which is why you are still hitting it. I would setup some paper targets so you can actually get visual data on where exactly your POI is.
Thanks for that. Thats my next step. Ill place the targets next to the spoon and see what the difference is. Thanks

View attachment 337690

Which ballistic app are you using? Id like to calculate the hold over for 75 and 100yd. If I could hit a spoon at a 100 now that would be impressive, at least for me.