New Neighbors!

I would go over there and welcome them to the neighborhood.
And I’d explain to them about the air guns, I would call them BB and pellet guns.
I would show them the safe backstops, and invite them to come try.
Hopefully they’ll be fine with it!
I’d be as nice as can be and polite and respectful, but I’d fight to the death for my shooting range lol!
Best of luck.

Reactions: DirtBikeMike07
That’s just nuts!

how are you not in the HOA ? i thought that was in the deed , or at least any i have heard of . or was the HOA formed after you bought ?
I was here way before there was an HOA or any neighbors! 38th year in the same location.

I’m not in an HOA although every other house in the neighborhood is. The board president stopped by within a day or so of our moving and began telling me what I am allowed to do. I politely advised her that this house is not part of that. She checked and found I was correct and I received a letter saying I was required to join and follow the rules or we would be fined. We would also be required to pay dues owed two years prior to living there. Recalling that encounter makes me want to get in some target practice and let the grass grow.
Rick H.

Agreed - sounds like I misread your post? I got the impression you were deliberately sabotaging your neighbor’s efforts to sell their house by making a racket whenever it was shown.
You likely didn't misread my post but I left out alot of detail like trying to keep the bank from doing a short sale on the house that was foreclosed and was getting nothing but trash people coming by as potential buyers. Of course that's exactly who ended up buying it. And to make it worse, the guy is just like someone else earlier in the thread alluded to. The type to move in and want the neighborhood to bend to how he wants things to be with zero regard for how the neighborhood has been existing.

Reactions: DirtBikeMike07
I am glad I live in the sticks. The nearest house is over 300 yards & it belongs to my daughter. The next nearest house is about 800 yards away, and it can't be seen. My closest neighbor brings me 4 dozen eggs every two weeks & has for over a decade. He does most of my painting & staining, (cheap) cuz I don't like to. I give him vegetables from my garden & smoke him pork shoulder,jerky & brisket a few times a year. He shoots & hunts & I plant food plots next to his land to benefit him. I don't deer hunt or turkey hunt anymore. If we don't hear shooting for a week, we call to make sure one of us is not sick.
Great neighborhood!

Yeah we bought a house a few years ago and an HOA was a no go under any circumstances. My property and my house yet some organization is going to tell me what I can and can’t do with it. Literally baffles my mind that Americans put up with such a thing. Utterly baffles.

Edit…forgot the fact you get to pay extra to be told how you can and cannot manage your own property 😂😂. I get it some people love structure and rules and to be told exactly what to do. Point massively proven over the last several years.
Utterly baffles me too!

Reactions: L.Leon
I’m not in an HOA although every other house in the neighborhood is. The board president stopped by within a day or so of our moving and began telling me what I am allowed to do. I politely advised her that this house is not part of that. She checked and found I was correct and I received a letter saying I was required to join and follow the rules or we would be fined. We would also be required to pay dues owed two years prior to living there. Recalling that encounter makes me want to get in some target practice and let the grass grow.
Rick H.
Curious to what happened next. Does the HOA have a legal leg to stand on??????

They did not. They found out two things. One was that they had no authority to do anything involving our house. Second was when they knocked on the door and started telling me what to do anyway. I recall it was when they tried to push their way through the front door that I demonstrated how colorful my vocabulary can be and increased my volume level. Meanwhile my wife was contacting law enforcement and we’ve been left alone since then.

Rick H.