New Benjamin 14.3 .22 cal pellets

$20 a tin they better be magical..🙄
I'll let you know just how magical they are as soon as I can get the damned tins opened, they came in this afternoon, try as I may I couldn't get the tin opened, it's a screw on lid and I swear they got Magila Gorilla screwing on the lids, I'm planning to do some operating on them tomorrow in my workshop, a flat blade screwdriver and a hammer ought to get the job done ok, however I like the looks of the black lid, I'm going to feel real bad about having to damage it in the process.

Reactions: Hateful McNasty
For whomever is interested I did manage to get the tins opened, or rather my youngest son (50 yrs. old) was able to get it opened without damaging the tin, but it did strain his strength as well as his ego, funny thing is I was reading a couple of reviews on these pellets and several of them mentioned the difficulty of opening up the tins.
I haven't had the opportunity to try them yet but I assume they are going to perform admirably judging by the positive reviews that I've read so far.

For whomever is interested I did manage to get the tins opened, or rather my youngest son (50 yrs. old) was able to get it opened without damaging the tin, but it did strain his strength as well as his ego, funny thing is I was reading a couple of reviews on these pellets and several of them mentioned the difficulty of opening up the tins.
I haven't had the opportunity to try them yet but I assume they are going to perform admirably judging by the positive reviews that I've read so far.
Was a issue with crosman tins as well .
I needed 2 channel locks to open the primer tins..lol.

I guess once enough complaining hit crosman they'll adjust the lid screwer on machine .🥴. At least with the primers they did ..lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Moe M.
I bought two tins of the new Benjamin 14.3 gr hollow point pellets which apparently are now made in Brazil. The pellets shoot really well out of my Marauder and my R9 and seem to be made from softer lead than the U.S. manufactured versions. It's my understanding that Crosman used an antimony alloy in the U.S. pellets and after comparing the old and new versions the new ones are much softer. I did some testing into gallon milk jugs filled with water and these new pellets actually expanded quite well, with the U.S. made pellets I never got any expansion at all. I want to emphasize that I'm not implying the new pellets are made of pure lead, but in my unscientific thumbnail test they appear to be softer LOL. While I'm sorry Crosman made the decision to out source their pellet manufacturing, I feel the softer lead is an improvement and I just wondered what you guys think?
Can you send me an image of where it says Brazil? All of Benjamin’s pellets are made in the USA. Crosman did have a couple pellets sourced from Brazil but they were all Domed. Only sku left is the 19gr Domed .22 pellet.

The new packaging says ( Made in the U.S.A with some foreign components ), before, the packaging said ( Made in U.S.A) with a United States flag. All I can say is if they still are made here they must at the very least be getting their lead from somewhere else which from what I can gather must be Brazil. I'm not complaining I think the softer lead they seem to be using now is an improvement.
The lead is US sourced. The tins are sourced from China which is why there is the claim of some foreign components.

That is correct. All Benjamin pellets are made in the USA as well as 99% of Crosman pellets.
Only Brazil crosman pellets I ever seen was the gaudy essential pellets use for stop gap during covid ..
essential 1.jpg
essential 2.jpg

So far I have only seen the new Benjamin pellets under a “coming soon” banner. (Airgun Depot and Pyramyd Air) New Single die pellets… .177, .22, .25 cal

The new .177’s are available on https://www.benjaminairguns.com/match-grade. The .22 and .25 are close to release. Engineers are testing them as we speak.

I really like to see more local available instead of mail order only.. if not for Walmart and cphp' walk in every day as conveniently needed I'd just have to give it up ..lol
So would I but Walmart will probably not take them at retail because they currently do not carry Benjamin break barrels on the shelf. You will most likely see them in stores like Academy, Bass Pro and Cabelas in the future when they reset their mods. Assuming they pick them up.

So would I but Walmart will probably not take them at retail because they currently do not carry Benjamin break barrels on the shelf. You will most likely see them in stores like Academy, Bass Pro and Cabelas in the future when they reset their mods. Assuming they pick them up.
Academy here has drastically reduced pellet selection .. it " was" my place to get other brands . Like h&n ,sig, norma, ect.. then it dwindled down to pretty much nothing and months of no restocking any .. just some scrap slim pickings of pellets you really don't want is left.. sad

Those were just a covid thing. We were at max capacity and need something to bridge the gap.
That's how I posted on them as well. ..

I figured from rifle brand pellets Brazil.

You know another crosman brand pellet I can't get anymore ate flathead/ wadcutter.. thy use to be the easiest to get then out of the blue disappeared and a now mail order item only ..

That's how I posted on them as well. ..

I figured from rifle brand pellets Brazil.

You know another crosman brand pellet I can't get anymore ate flathead/ wadcutter.. thy use to be the easiest to get then out of the blue disappeared and a now mail order item only ..

P.s. I refer as crosman brand when I should use velocity to include Benjamin branded as well..

I'll let you know just how magical they are as soon as I can get the damned tins opened, they came in this afternoon, try as I may I couldn't get the tin opened, it's a screw on lid and I swear they got Magila Gorilla screwing on the lids, I'm planning to do some operating on them tomorrow in my workshop, a flat blade screwdriver and a hammer ought to get the job done ok, however I like the looks of the black lid, I'm going to feel real bad about having to damage it in the process.
A large pair of channel lock pliers should do the trick to open those tight tins.

Academy here has drastically reduced pellet selection .. it " was" my place to get other brands . Like h&n ,sig, norma, ect.. then it dwindled down to pretty much nothing and months of no restocking any .. just some scrap slim pickings of pellets you really don't want is left.. sad
Interesting, we have seen a slight increase from them. so i'm not sure what their plans are. Maybe its something similar with that i have seen with Tractor supply, Around here the shelves would be empty and are sales were great. I asked the employee about the inventory level on Crosman products. He didn't know i worked for them and thought we may have gone out of business because they were not getting product to stock. So it was weird. Only thing i can think of was the distribution centers played a role in to what stores got product and kept a lot for online sales.

Interesting, we have seen a slight increase from them. so i'm not sure what their plans are. Maybe its something similar with that i have seen with Tractor supply, Around here the shelves would be empty and are sales were great. I asked the employee about the inventory level on Crosman products. He didn't know i worked for them and thought we may have gone out of business because they were not getting product to stock. So it was weird. Only thing i can think of was the distribution centers played a role in to what stores got product and kept a lot for online sales.

That's funny you said that ..

Our tractor supply says the near same thing .. lol all most word for word.. they have not had pellets of any brand for quite some time . The recently 2 umarex tins ( .177/22) ..

Academy use to have several pellets I liked in store , then seemed slowly became only on line to last I looked not even that .. in store was a handful of pellets I don't want or shoot or the slow moving inventory not popular ones..

I buy wooden pellets by the ton for my stove from Tractor Supply and would pick up at least five tins of Crosman Premier 14.3 Dome pellets incidentally each time. They stopped stocking the Crosmans I check every time I’m there, but no luck. I intend to ask the manager why on my next visit.