Need input on my .177 Gauntlet

Looking for input on how to proceed.. My regulator is set (like most) is set at 1100 psi.. Want to get the medium weight pellets up a bit more.. (900 fps) Should I increase the regulator pressure or mess with the hammer spring ? Still haven't been able to try for accuracy yet.. (-5degrees this morning and the local range is closed until spring.. Another question about testing pellets.. Should I shoot it like it is and find the most accurate few and the start adjusting the regulator and hammer spring ? Hard to tell I've been at this for years and still have questions !! Old I guess !!
Ray

It is over sprung from the factory.

Are you sure your reg is at 1,100psi? That would be different than most. My was delivered at around 900psi and a few others here have reported similar psi settings.
It's a Ninja regulator so all those vid's/parts apply. Likely just need one shim ( and a $20.00 home made reg checker, there is a post on here somewhere about that & a gauntlet, cant find it) but a set of shims and springs - bevel washer type- should cost $10-15.00.

A bunch of parts pictures of just the rifle ( no reg or valve pics)
http://www.airgunnation.com/topic/received-my-used-guantlet-today/

1,100psi should get you the fps you desire, then look for the best pellet, my likes JSB 10.5 best - but I shoot 18fpe- and really just any thing else next best.

John

cosmic, My .22 Gauntlet was on the under power side (14.3gr@ 809fps). Checked the regulator output and it was set at 1100psi .015 or three .005 shims. I added another .015 for a total of .030. output is now 1300psi and it is now shooting 14.3gr pellets at an average of 886fps. Gun is shooting great and its getting about 25fpe. I would say add some shims till you get 1300-1400psi max and you'll get the velocity your looking for. you will lose some shots, I lost about 10. hope this helps.

Ray I was going to add another .005 shim to the 1300 psi but after shooting it though the chronograph I was averaging 886fps with 14.3 gr pellets a extreme spread of 8fps for 47 shots. After the 47th shot it started to fall off. but could still get another 5 good shots for sure. Add that to the accuracy and I believe I found the sweet spot on my rifle. 

Sweet Jon !! Mine is a.177 and I am trying to get the mid weight pellet in the low to mid 900's. I am wanting to try some heavy weights also.. The 10.3-10.6 are around 900 now... The shims should get me there.. Next is a new or shortened hammer spring and a polished tube and hammer.. I also bought a larger tank..Love messing with a inexpensive guns since the high dollar ones I have had were not all what they were cracked up to be...
Ray