Moly grease.

I'm thinking moly grease but I don't know if anyone have recommendations for blitz metal on metal parts.
I've used moly on some stuff but I swear by Mobile 1. I use it on everything from sewing machines to BCG's on PewPew's, even bicycle bearings, I use the Triflow on the chains. Use it, Triflow, on locks and they'll be the smoothest you've ever felt.

Nope, oil the lightest stuff you can get, that slippery stuff, there is nothing, IMHO, in any arm that need grease, it just gums up the works and slows things down.
I though moly was like the gold standard to getting things smooth, How did you come to that conclusion, You tested it or was it recommended by someone else, Send me a link to this oil your talking about.

moly 'GREASE' is for my springer, NOT around my PCP
I use dry moly powder on my hammer and hammer spring in my pcp

you need a link for Mobil 1 oil ?,,, for trigger and linkages
yes it is a weird link but it goes to walmart

Reactions: HogKiller
A few things...

Why do you need moly or graphite anywhere on a PCP gun? Both are extreme pressure, sheer resistant dry lubricants. Unnecessary on all counts in a PCP.

Caution: most all of the paste or goop type moly lubes will thicken drastically with time and in cold weather. This will cause major issues.

Silicone doesn't go on threads period. It's about as good as water as an actual lubricant and will cause metal threads to gall.

Any black oring in a PCP gun is Buna rubber. It's not affected by petroleum lubes, and is in fact the same material as most orings in your car engine. So don't go nuts believing you have to use SILICONE (not SILICON) grease to preserve the orings. Use anything you have handy, it doesn't matter.

Most lubed parts in a PCP don't really even need lube to begin with. Using the wrong stuff or too much will do much more harm than just doing nothing. There is no extreme sliding pressures to contend with, except for a surface that contacts a loaded spring that has the potential to turn when compressed, like a hammer spring. But again, any plain old grease will suffice, as it's hardly an "extreme" pressure.

Just some things to think about.
@thumper (or anyone else)....just curious what you would suggest to do about the metal sliding against metal in the cocking mechanism for an AGT Uragan or Kalibrgun Cricket 2. Lube (with what)? Or not lube? The sliding piece that has friction against the outside diameter of the barrel.

uragan cocking.JPG

C2T cocking.JPG

@thumper (or anyone else)....just curious what you would suggest to do about the metal sliding against metal in the cocking mechanism for an AGT Uragan or Kalibrgun Cricket 2. Lube (with what)? Or not lube? The sliding piece that has friction against the outside diameter of the barrel.

View attachment 374088

View attachment 374089
Myself id use any decent grease on it sparingly. The more you put, the more dirt it can attract.

The Super Lube stuff that most everywhere sells is a good general purpose non-staining/non-nasty grease for PCP lubing.

I wouldn't use a moly personally, as I've had it stiffen up in the cold/with age, and it's black and gets everywhere, but used sparingly it would be fine.

I like the Maccari clear tar for stuff like that. But if I didn't have it on hand already I wouldn't order it specifically. Really anything would work fine IMO. Just go light with whatever.

Reactions: my87csx481

View attachment 374088

View attachment 374089
If it moves it get Mobile One oil, or Tri-Flow. With the Tri-Flow, I don't spray it, I put it on a swab and lightly rub it on, exercise it then wipe off the excess. On occasion I will spray VERY gently and wipe off or even blow off the excess then wipe.

View attachment 374088

View attachment 374089
Im trying to find best grease/lube my self for metal on metal contact like my Hatsan blitz, that cycles at a fast pace so I want that in good working order as well as my aea varmint. I keep hearing different things some suggest moly, But now I see thumper mentioned a moly paste thickens up over time an in cold weather, I don't know what do get anymore? Dry moly?, Mobil 1?, Lubriplate?, Seems like everyone has something different to say. I don't want to add the wrong kind of grease an have problems with functionality later on down the road.

Im trying to find best grease/lube my self for metal on metal contact like my Hatsan blitz, that cycles at a fast pace so I want that in good working order as well as my aea varmint. I keep hearing different things some suggest moly, But now I see thumper mentioned a moly paste thickens up over time an in cold weather, I don't know what do get anymore? Dry moly?, Mobil 1?, Lubriplate?, Seems like everyone has something different to say. I don't want to add the wrong kind of grease an have problems with functionality later on down the road.
My opinion, anything other than moly paste or silicone would be just fine and not make a lot of difference.

Moly thickens and is messy and really not necessary for light loaded parts. Silicone is not a good lubricant for metal....at all.

Oil is good, but it will migrate away easier.

The more you put of whatever the more dirt it will pick up over time.

You do you, I'm not a lubricant guru. But I have had bad experiences and learned from them regarding the moly and silicone thing.