Maverick Bottle change almost impossible!

Hi everyone, I'm new here and new to the FX Maverick.
I was wondering if anyone else has had the issue where removing or screwing on a full bottle is almost impossible?
I have been filling and removing the bottles for tuning etc for the last month with no problem, easy and smooth.
Over the last couple of days I noticed they were getting quite stiff. I checked the threads, o-rings etc and all is well.
It has reached the point where it is now not possible without serious effort.
Has anyone else experienced this or heard it happen before?
Many thanks
Ed

Reactions: R0B and HogKiller
One being aluminum and the other steel you can over tighten and pull the threads they could come right out or right off the aluminum . Been there done that not on a air gun but on other things that I've put together one being aluminum and one steel
Yeah! I guess I don’t understand why both parts aren’t harder metals. One would think that would be the best solution.

Reactions: Airgunmann
Update on FX Maverick warranty work-
I spoke with the technician (Oliver was GREAT!) about status of repairs on my Maverick. He sent me the list of parts that were replaced and advised about all of the challenges in doing the repairs.

Additionally, Oliver said he “updated” many parts to current( like the transfer port). There were MANY fixes, he advised….o-rings, new reg, several parts, etc. FX wants me happy, I am certain!

As mentioned above, the experience was first rate.

They were gonna try to get the gun out today since they had to do leak testing and test firings.

Once I get the gun back and can do some shooting at the range, I’ll do another update on how it is shooting! So far, I’d call the service 5 star!
Pat

Reactions: jmohme
The same thing happen to my Mav. Bottle never was easy to remove but got worse with some time on it. Got to where I had to go 1/2 turn off and a 1/4 turn back on to get it off. I called Utah Airguns where I bought it and they took care of it right away. I haven't had any problems with the new part.

20221219_170121.jpg

Metal on metal and silicone do not go together. I bet this is your problem. I figured it out shooting trap one day. I was at the trap field and all I had was silicone grease so I dabbed just a little bit on my browning over under 12 ga shotgun. By the end of the first round I could barely open and close my gun. I was like WTF. Found out it was that grease. Wiped it all off and borrowed some regular gun oil and it worked like a charm. Silicone will literally seize metal on metal parts.

The same thing happen to my Mav. Bottle never was easy to remove but got worse with some time on it. Got to where I had to go 1/2 turn off and a 1/4 turn back on to get it off. I called Utah Airguns where I bought it and they took care of it right away. I haven't had any problems with the new part.

View attachment 330193
Yikes, toasted threads look like the problem there

I just went through this with my impact MK2. I ended up buying a metric tap and die to clean up the adapter threads along with the valve threads. They both came out looking like brand new threads, and I used a thin coat of molly paste on the threads of the adapter as another member uses Molly and said he had great results with it. Bottle easily removes now
What size tap and die does it need? I have the same issue and would like to give this a try. Thanks!!

I’m about to start tuning and I was going to put the silicone grease on the threads as per Steve’s video. Glad this was brought back to the top. I have some high moly content lube almost dry, I’ll put on the male threads only.
I use Lubriplate (sic), I used silicon and it ate the anodizing, even a drop of Mobil 1 works great.