Mans best friend

Milk Chocolate Lab named Groot.
IMG_1762.jpeg

Kim says she’s read that when dogs lay about in that broken dog fashion it means they’re happy and secure. Some very secure dogs here if that’s the case ha ha ha.
He's very secure. Our dogs have adopted him into the pack. Even the old man Dane tolerates his roughhousing. We're really looking forward to the future with this one.

Reactions: Telephonepete
My boys are the second from the front and the one shaking his ears in the middle. They love playing tug of war with a freshly shot squirre,l the elder one once grabbed one from a tree. His momma is in the foreground. She ate a goat that had roamed into their territory two weeks before he was born, the pack took it down but pregnant hungry bitch did most of the eating. There was a lot of gas being passed following that feast. I was visiting that weekend and she walked through the dog door with the newly separated head in her mouth. They are very sweet until they recognize prey.
Their breeder doesn't feel the need to lock her doors or own a defensive firearm.
dogslarge.jpg

My boys are the second from the front and the one shaking his ears in the middle. They love playing tug of war with a freshly shot squirre,l the elder one once grabbed one from a tree. His momma is in the foreground. She ate a goat that had roamed into their territory two weeks before he was born, the pack took it down but pregnant hungry bitch did most of the eating. There was a lot of gas being passed following that feast. I was visiting that weekend and she walked through the dog door with the newly separated head in her mouth. They are very sweet until they recognize prey.
Their breeder doesn't feel the need to lock her doors or own a defensive firearm.
View attachment 393218
Are they Rhodesian ridgeback's?

Reactions: Nattboy
Rae backpacking this summer:

Rae w pack.jpg

Maybe sleep a little longer?
sleepy Rae.jpg

We just got two woodcock yesterday - opening day (shotgun). She's also, a great squirrel hunter. Once treed she goes to the opposite side of the tree which causes them to come around to my side and the ole Disco barks and down they come. She will tenderize them a little and always shares in squirrel dinner that night!

Cool thread I've enjoyed seeing all the Good Boys and Good Girls!