Limited Edition anything

collectables vs usable to me as a former antique chaser is,,, do you use it or just look at it
beauty is in the eye of the beer holder, if you don't use it, it is just a trophy

now get out there and sell sell sell, put a decal on it and call it LIMITED
If I don't use it I get bored with it very quickly. I buy high end items but I use them. I used to be very particular on how things looked till I had an old guy ask me "What are you doing saving it for the next guy?"

Last edited:
Reactions: Ruzz and baranjhn
Beeman millennium HW97 20 cal 1999
BD00918A-9067-4F03-8ECF-71A8C6B46DD5.jpeg

I have a Wolverine .22 Hi-lite non regulated - #50 of 50 - it is perhaps my most accurate of all my airguns. It really needs an adjustable Butt / Shoulder piece to assist in eyebox position since the cheek comb isn't adjustable.
View attachment 416070
Compare the above non regulated Wolverine to the new .177 Wolverine Sapphire Edition - very accurate also but it hasn't settled in yet.... don't know why airguns need time / shots to smooth out, but they do.
View attachment 416071
Then compare both of the above Wolverines to a "NOT" Special Edition shown below...
the simple but Beautiful .25 Wolverine HP R version in Forrest Laminate to which we added a K&L adjustable Shoulder Butt.
I actually prefer the K&L shoulder piece over the PRS unit as seen on the Sapphire above - although K&L was trickier to install.
View attachment 416072

That Sapphire wolverine is particularly beautiful. I have been eyeballing it on AoA for a bit now. That price tag, though :oops:

➊ Wow, I guess for those who collect these guns and hope to make a buck sometime in the future — for them these special editions might be advantageous.

But then again, most airguns are a terrible "investment" when it comes to getting more money out from what you put in.

▪ Like the 5 Deutsche Mark coins that my father collected over his lifetime. He believed, like so many others, that they'd be worth a lot more a few decades from the time of purchase.
Well, looks like most of them fetch their equivalent in Euros and a few cents more — IF and WHEN you find a buyer willing to give you that much.

➋ Then there are the users, that buy the special edition gun and spend way more than the features and quality if offers are typically worth.
But they think they are getting a good deal as they can resell the gun for profit later.
➔ Unlikely.
But they DO GET A GOOD FEELING to shoot a gun that is SPECIAL EDITION.
And for that feeling they pay the extra $$.

If it works for them — it works for the manufacturer.
Otherwise, they wouldn't be offering the special editions with such ordinary regularity. 😉

🔶 RESULT:
Everybody happy. And another level or two down the rabbit hole.....
From below, I can see you coming down.
I have my own areas where the credit card numbers seem to write themselves into the box on the purchase screen.....
I swear, sometimes they really do write themselves....!! I did not write them!! 🤷🏻‍♂️

Matthias

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Larryt
I've only owned one. It was one of twenty-five, but was stollen in a house burglery in 1995. It was a Twentieth Anniversary R1 .20 cal.
I was at an air gun show last year and this guy in a rain coat came up to me ask " you lookin for a good gun ? " I said sure .
The guy took a long look to the left then to the right .......... he opened the coat and there it was a 20th anniversary R1 ! i said nope !
I would not buy anything from a guy in a rain coat and acting weird .
OH WAIT it is not April 1st yet .

I particularly like the Huntsman special editions. Maybe it's because I'm partial to the Hunstman. Or maybe it's because the price tags are just a bit less shocking on those.

Particularly beautiful are the Buckmaster, Scout, and Genus special editions below. Pics are not mine. Just pirated from elsewhere on AGN and google.

I would buy a buckmaster in a heart beat.

Huntsman_Buckmaster-SE-700.jpg

DSC00263.1601926668.jpg

1562366909_12886462125d1fd3bd758625.68069844_DaystateGenus-Left.jpg

I was at an air gun show last year and this guy in a rain coat came up to me ask " you lookin for a good gun ? " I said sure .
The guy took a long look to the left then to the right .......... he opened the coat and there it was a 20th anniversary R1 ! i said nope !
I went to the gun shows in 95 looking for such a guy, but it was a waist of time.

😊 Looking at the photos of the guns above — I am so glad for you guys who like traditional guns,
wood stocks,
long guns,
all that.

You would be both very sad and upset if there were only bullpups and modern looking guns on the market.

I know those sad and upset feeling: 😞
Some years ago I was trying to buy a springer —
but all I could find were traditional long guns, and many of the models I might have bought only came in woodstocks.

Only after doubling my budget, I found what I was looking for. 😊

Matthias

Ohhh that’s mean

I would rather buy something I am not afraid to use. I feel there are much better areas to invest in than guns.
I buy airgun to shoot. Some are nice and some are Really Groovy from JW50-R9. I treat them with respect . Like most pretty things. I Clean them when I’m done and I rotate the line.. A8A19522-3FA3-4881-AD81-8D416903316E.jpeg