Left PayPal a year ago,.....it sure has its drawbacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, they suck, there's that.

PayPal is all done from a mobile platform or PC, and before all you adorable little luddites start throwing your slide rulers at me, you are posting here on one...

Paper cashiers checks and postal money orders are faked all the time, it takes a LOT of time to get one in some areas and they are all but obsolete.
My problem with PayPal has nothing to do with its modernity. It has to do with their anti gun stance, their ability to arbitrarily freeze/seize my account and the fact that if you receive a total of $600 in G&S for the year you’ll be issued a 1099k for your 2023 taxes.

Been with PayPal since ground zero. Never, not once, have I had a problem. I don't like their politics, oh well. I do not use them because of their politics. I use them because they provide a service which is very easy to incorporate into a business model. Costs are known up front. Services are detailed in the agreements. I can select a service which protects myself and the buyer/seller or I can go with a service which does not protect anyone.

Ebay, been with Ebay since ground zero. I have had problems. Principally their policies WRT airguns. I don't like their politics. I avoid using them for things which violate their TOS. I still use them even though I don't agree with their TOS. EBay is not at all easy to communicate with regarding any legal issue. I had to figure that out the hard way. I stay with them because they offer a service which is easy to incorporate into a business model. Costs... ect... see above. I am looking at alternatives which do not share their politically driven policies. I will likely move some of my business to them.

A person decides whether or not the friction encountered dealing with a service provider is worth the effort. If it is for them, so be it.

Reactions: ChRiSiS
I hadn't used PP for a long time until I bought a MK2 impact used here. I never linked my bank account to them only 1 CC and I never will. I probably won't ever use them again as I don't have a need to buy another airgun. I don't remember ever using a postal money order or a cashier's check. I use a CC to buy everything and zero balance it before a payment is due. I use a CC because of the cash back. It's like getting a discount everywhere I go.

Agree, definitely give up a ton of convenience without it.

but still I'm shocked so many people don't even know USPS money orders even exist and how to use them.
Or for that matter, drug store Western Union or Fargo money orders. I’ve been using them for 25-30 years to pay my credit card bills. There’s also American Express Travelers checks. All guaranteed.
But I understand PP, Venmo et al for the protection for the buyer. But I have never heard how successful the process is, if there’s a claim.
Kind of surprised credit card companies don’t have something geared toward John Q Private Buyer/Seller.

Or for that matter, drug store Western Union or Fargo money orders. I’ve been using them for 25-30 years to pay my credit card bills. There’s also American Express Travelers checks. All guaranteed.
But I understand PP, Venmo et al for the protection for the buyer. But I have never heard how successful the process is, if there’s a claim.
Kind of surprised credit card companies don’t have something geared toward John Q Private Buyer/Seller.
7/11 money orders easy and convinient everywhere.

Reactions: rcs9250
Agree, definitely give up a ton of convenience without it.

but still I'm shocked so many people don't even know USPS money orders even exist and how to use them.
They don't even teach kids how to write in cursive, haven't for years. Kids can use calculators in math class, dogs & cats are sleeping together, and on & on

PayPal banned me for purchasing "Gun Mops" Or my Vulcan from Talon Tunes. This was last May 2022. Those were the purchases made during that time.

I was told after numerous hours, all documented, of talking to people who could not give me a formal reason for the ban.

Their system said I violated their safe community standards. What?!

I had been with them also since ground zero, never had any issue. This occurred shortly after the Uvalde incident. When speaking to PayPal credit, I was told that PayPal's A.I. system flagged me. So, some woke blue hair clicked the ban button.

They still have not released the 6800 I had in my account which was suppose to happen after 180 days. I'm a small business owner. That money was just transfered over soI could purchase product.

I have attempted to sue. But the retainer is upwards of 10k because they're a big California based business. I'd lose more than they've already stolen from me.

In short, PayPal can kiss my brown eye.

Hmppf.... 😊

Reactions: baranjhn
PayPal banned me for purchasing "Gun Mops" Or my Vulcan from Talon Tunes. This was last May 2022. Those were the purchases made during that time.

I was told after numerous hours, all documented, of talking to people who could not give me a formal reason for the ban.

Their system said I violated their safe community standards. What?!

I had been with them also since ground zero, never had any issue. This occurred shortly after the Uvalde incident. When speaking to PayPal credit, I was told that PayPal's A.I. system flagged me. So, some woke blue hair clicked the ban button.

They still have not released the 6800 I had in my account which was suppose to happen after 180 days. I'm a small business owner. That money was just transfered over soI could purchase product.

I have attempted to sue. But the retainer is upwards of 10k because they're a big California based business. I'd lose more than they've already stolen from me.

In short, PayPal can kiss my brown eye.

Hmppf.... 😊
Yeah, stories like yours are what made me leave,

I also never had a problem with them and really liked the service,...and yes I miss them but would not want to find myself in your situation so as a pre emptive strike I left.

Reactions: K9Air
Status
Not open for further replies.