Keep it discrete guys

Bunch of crazys out there. But any story gun related from our media who knows what the truth is. Doubt it's exactly what they say. Facing eight felony charges for shooting birds and squirrels around his property, How is that possible? Birds must be eagels, condors and whooping cranes.
Depends on where you live.

In my part of the world if I shoot a squirrel in my backyard with a pellet gun :

- Municipal rules infrigement for shooting inside the town.
- Provincial infridgment for shooting outside a licencied range
- Hunting a fur animal is illegal exept if you're trapping
- There are no permits for squirrel hunting that are being issued
- Shooting a small game with a riffle that goes less than 500 fps is illegal
- This one I can't say here but it involves something n0t-legal something modificaZion someting fps something real fire arm perm!t
- That one above leads to another something something posession and acquisition something

If I had the idea of shooting a neighbor's cat you would add :

- Damages to property
- There would also be a thing or two about animal cruelty

And I'm pretty sure the list could go on...

Driving around in neighborhoods shooting animals is pretty crazy. Especially people's cats. I have 2 feral cats that frequent my yard and even they get a pass since they can't get to my hens at night and don't try during the day. They help clean up the sparrows and starlings. They won't eat the grackles though, guess they taste like ass.

Reactions: L.Leon
I live about 50 miles south of the city of Everett.
It’s very clear this guy has some mental issues. And he should get punished to the fullest extent.
All I can add to this thread and advice to any new shooter.
If you are going to shoot ANY animal. You’d better know all the laws , rules and regulations in your specific area.
This idiot will f¥[k things up for the rest of us law abiding citizens. 😡

Reactions: Stan’s boy John
There is enough in that article to know the guy has a problem. Did you read it? Shooting a neighbors cat that was in it's own yard? From your car? I don't shoot cats in my yard just in case they belong to one of my neighbors. I don't even let my dog go after them. Killing pets is the sign of a person with serious mental problems. Hanging up dead animals all over your yard seems troubling too.

I don't see the article as meaning a lot to most airgunners. Hopefully we do not have similar emotional issues. I hope the guy gets some help. I feel sorry for his neighbors. I would have turned him in too.

When my dog got out in 2019 and got hit by a car I could have easily spent over $10,000 on her treatment. I did not but I spent about half that to give her a chance and she is fine. The vet she goes to each year doesn't charge these kind of prices but they do not do the more difficult surgeries either. There are a couple more capable places in town. They do good work but they are sure not cheap. Part of the reason I did not pick the expensive line of treatment for my dog was it involved her living with a broken back leg for something like 7 weeks to heal from back surgery and then and only then getting her leg fixed. That just didn't make sense to me. Seemed like torture. She got a cast that immobilized her back and her leg fixed. But the vet hospital will take about as much money from you as they can justify and some seem happy to spend it.
Yup read the article, and it only depics one side. To often we hear these stories and only get a portion of the actual story. It is later that we find out that there was much MUCH more to the interaction.

Yes driving to someone's house to shoot their cat is a bit extreme, but is that what actually happened? To many red flags in the article for me to point the finger at either party. More than likely there were both a-holes and things kept escalating until this happened.

Have a feeling we won't ever hear the entire story.